Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

peanut butter

Thread: peanut butter

Rep Points

peanut butter

i'm 14 (almost 15) and since i'm still gorwing i prefer not to use supplements. so as for protien i get it mostly from milk, peanut butter and meats. i have probably 2 servings of peanut butter every day and thts around 40g of fat. are those 40g of fat healthy or just going to go to my waist line? i mean i read an article about a peanut butter diet and the results ended up showing an increase in fat loss and testosterone levels. so is the fat from pb too much?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would try to have 2 tbsp's a day of natty pb. But thats just if it fits into your daily allowance. Its not all that great for protein. Its more of a good fat source.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

PB is consumed typically for the Monunsaturated fats.

If the fat and Cals fit into your daily intake, then by all means.

At 14-15, I used to eat a half a jar of peanut putter in a sitting

Rep Points

I am addicted to eating natural peanut butter along with a scoop of casein protein before I go to bed...I think I might have to cut it out b/c i simply eat too much of it! might have to get used to cottage cheese. is it okay to add some strawberries to make it taste better before bed, or not a good idea with the sugars and carbs in fruit?
    It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

should be fine

SeƱor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zonaguy03 View Post
    I am addicted to eating natural peanut butter along with a scoop of casein protein before I go to bed...I think I might have to cut it out b/c i simply eat too much of it! might have to get used to cottage cheese. is it okay to add some strawberries to make it taste better before bed, or not a good idea with the sugars and carbs in fruit?
    I eat both.

I mix 3 tbsp of Natty PB with 3/4 cup cottage cheese and eat it with an apple right before bed.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ReproMan View Post
    I eat both.

I mix 3 tbsp of Natty PB with 3/4 cup cottage cheese and eat it with an apple right before bed.
    That sounds wonderful as opposed to my idea w/ the strawberries. I will do that, and keep the casein protein scoop also.

Rep Points

How do you mix in the natural peanut butter...my stuff gets so thick it's impossible to mix with anything. just stays as a thick glob. maybe heat it up?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yep warm it up.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zonaguy03 View Post
    How do you mix in the natural peanut butter...my stuff gets so thick it's impossible to mix with anything. just stays as a thick glob. maybe heat it up?
    do what i do-chocolate casein/chocolate whey in 2 tbsp of PB, mixed in with calorie free/sugar free chocolate sauce. Add ice and a small amount of water and you got yourself one handy, dandy deeeesserrt..

In BUILT We Trust

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    do what i do-chocolate casein/chocolate whey in 2 tbsp of PB, mixed in with calorie free/sugar free chocolate sauce. Add ice and a small amount of water and you got yourself one handy, dandy deeeesserrt..
    mmmmm, I'll have that tonight as my last meal...promised my roomate i'd take him to happy hour @ applebees once i got into town from chicago. gonna get the grilled salmon with fresh steamed veggies

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

I had that-good stuff

In BUILT We Trust

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

just picked up some chicken breasts (20-22 breasts for 13$) from sam's club...going to marinade them tonight, cook em' all up tomorrow. very exciting

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

hey zona, why are you marinating overnight? I never marinate over anymore. It makes the chicken taste like shit. Just marinate for an hour before grilling.

In BUILT We Trust

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    hey zona, why are you marinating overnight? I never marinate over anymore. It makes the chicken taste like shit. Just marinate for an hour before grilling.
    If you find a decent marinade, you get the full effect of it since it soaks in the chicken instead of being burnt off an hour later...i've had some successes and many failures but ive found my fav. marinade (CHICAGO STYLE)