• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

can't do squats for life!! replacements??

pood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i went to the knee doctor 2 month ago, and I was told that i shouldn't do any more squat, lunges, any excercies that require to bend my knees.

is there any excercies thati can replace my squats and lunges with, i can do partial leg presses without any serious problems (as long as i don't bend my kness over 90 degrees)

thanks

why can't you do squats as long as you don't go past 90 degrees?

Leg extensions and leg curls but they get mega boring
Deadlifts will hit your legs to and straight leg lifts for hamstrings

im not suppose to do extensions, deadlift, and power cleans, but i dun have any problems with them.

just squats.

putting too much pressure on my right knee (which has the problem)

fuck, i really want to do squats. and theres no surgery that can fix it either.

what did the Dr say is wrong with your knees ? you seem rather young to be having such problems...

Yeah, like the others said, see another doctor, find out why you shouldn't be doing exercises and what exercises your are able to do.

We really can't help you, and shouldn't even try without knowing what the problem is.

i trust him, he's one of the best knee doctors in seattle.

i forgot the name of the problem, but if i go over 90 degrees on my knees and then get up, my right knee makes a crackling noise. it's fine when im doing squats, but after im done, later in the day, it starts to hurt

is it a sports related injury or condition ?

IML Gear Cream!
its a injury that didnt heal right, its cartilege damage.

the condition's called "osgood schetter"

bracers or surgeory cant help it

have you tried supplementing with Chondroitin / Glucosamine ?

what are those? sry, im a noobie, heh

Osgood schlatters disease is an inflamation of the bone and cartilage of the top of the shinbone. The disease is more prominant in young males ages usually range from 10-15 though can happen later in life. If that is your diagnoses and the physician is indeed correct, his advise is good. Deep knee bending will only further the problem and may cause perminent damage. On the other hand you have nothing to worry about as long as you follow his orders you should be fine in several weeks to months. At that time you will be able to resume workouts under your physicians orders, of course.

the doc said to do stiff leg raises, to align my leg right.

but he said not to do any more squats for rest of my life because if i start, it'll hurt

Squating is the most natural movement in the world. When we pick somthing up off the ground we squat and bend our knees, when we sit down and get up we squat and bend our knees, when we jump we squat and bend our knees etc. Im sure your physician is merely being over protective, on the other hand I dont know your situation in full detail. My suggestion to you is ask whether or not 90 degree squats after the injury has healed would be alright to do. Obviously with such an injury your poundages are not going to be heavy, so ensure him that you intend to go light and possibly progressively go heavier when you build up the surrounding musculature and tendons.

Nothing that using light weights and slower reps can help? Have you tried doing hack squats or a smith press machine to help?

Mudge, those are only going to aggravate the problem. As his doctor said, stiff leg raises are best for him at this point.

so, for now, is there any substitutes that'll work all my leg muscles

and espically glutes?

IML Gear Cream!
Pood, One thing you might want to do is see a physiotherapist or athletic therapist they can re-evaluate your problem and help with re-habilitation. Isometric strengthening of the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes for that matter can be done, but again I can not stress enough that you must converse with your physician before beginning. Your re-hab may take 6 months to a year possibly longer.

Question for you: Has he (physician) diagnosed it as severe OSD? In severe cases you may require a cylindrical cast.

One last note: Make sure to apply ice before and after any activities that you are involved in.

Last edited:
This may come across as a little lame....STRETCH!!! I've had knee problems for years and I finally took the advice of a good friend of mine and started really working on developing my flexibility. I combined my stretching efforts with some good old phsio and now I can squat without pain.

Back