• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Powerlifting Meet coming up in March....Suggestions? All advice welcome

PWGriffin

The Damned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
There is a meet in march here where I live and I'm training with some freakishly strong guys. Thing is....they are all seasoned vets and are using moderate to high dosages of AAS....some don't even cycle off, just taper down and/or use maintenance doses before tapering back up.

I don't think I can keep up with these guys.

I've done a couple cycles in the past and gotten tremendous results. Haven't done anything in well over a year however. Kinda proved to myself that I could eat and train without the drugs and still get bigger and stronger. (And I did, got back over 200lbs)

I'm thinking about another cycle or two before and leading up to the meet. It's an equipped meet and my training partners really want me to use lifting gear too...just said I would have more fun. So between the right training, training in lifting gear, and the right cycle or two and a good diet...I can rank nationally! That's the goal.

So, anyone with solid experience. Let's start with compounds....dosages...and timing. I've never cycled leading up to an event. I wouldn't want to peak early or late.

Cycle history...first was just 1cc of test E every 5 days...Second was sust/deca (probably not the best choice, hindsight is 20/20)....Third and last cycle (over a year ago) Prop/tren ace...1cc/2cc every other day.

You are right, you can grow without gear with proper diet and training. There is always room for change and improvement IMO.
Now, sad thing is this........if you are competing against guys who are on gear, you will not hold a candle to any of them that are serious. I've seen meets like this and the guys are unreal and put up insane numbers. IMO, you would be better off trying to find a natural meet somewhere, that they actually test for gear usage. If not, it can be dishearting and you can loose interest because of it. Don't try to compete with guys like that unless you are willing to take the plunge full time like they are.

Have you lifted with gear(suits/shirts) yet? What PL federation is it, and what is your total like?

IF you are set on gear before the meet I would use prop or suspension....dbol....Something fast acting.

Make sure there is no testing

I agree with the above...if you want a chance to compete at a higher level and actually have skill then I would play naturally unless you plan to SERIOUSLY juice and make PL a career hobby. I PL for many years as a young adult so I have seen a lot. There is nothing wrong with being super strong in a natural tested competition. That is the route I would take.

Have you lifted with gear(suits/shirts) yet? What PL federation is it, and what is your total like?

I haven't....but I probably will. The guys I train with are already putting their briefs on for working sets.

I THINK it's the APF???

I don't know my total but it's over a grand. Squat in the upper 3's, deadlift in the upper 4's bench in the upper 2's. Those are raw numbers and I have a lot of room to grow.

You are right, you can grow without gear with proper diet and training. There is always room for change and improvement IMO.
Now, sad thing is this........if you are competing against guys who are on gear, you will not hold a candle to any of them that are serious. I've seen meets like this and the guys are unreal and put up insane numbers. IMO, you would be better off trying to find a natural meet somewhere, that they actually test for gear usage. If not, it can be dishearting and you can loose interest because of it. Don't try to compete with guys like that unless you are willing to take the plunge full time like they are.

luckily I won't be competing in the same weight class as the guys I'm training with. I am going to try and lift in the 181 class. So even if the competition is juiced up they can't be much bigger than me. I'll actually have to diet down a little to make weight.

I've cycled before and a part of me wants to get back in the saddle and really take the training to the next level over the next 8 months.

IF you are set on gear before the meet I would use prop or suspension....dbol....Something fast acting.

Make sure there is no testing

I agree with the above...if you want a chance to compete at a higher level and actually have skill then I would play naturally unless you plan to SERIOUSLY juice and make PL a career hobby. I PL for many years as a young adult so I have seen a lot. There is nothing wrong with being super strong in a natural tested competition. That is the route I would take.

well I have 8 months before the meet...so it doesn't have to be a short chain compound necessarily.

There is no testing in this federation. If there was, the guys I'm training with would be in TROUBLE

Being big and strong has always been a priority for me, and I may choose to compete regularly after this first meet, especially if I do well and enjoy myself.

Me doing a cycle or two isn't as big of a deal as someone who's never juiced before. I at least know what I'm doing and what I want. But I don't have a choice as to the competition. I'm competing at this meet in march with the people I'm training with. I don't have that luxury nor do I need it.

I haven't....but I probably will. The guys I train with are already putting their briefs on for working sets.

I THINK it's the APF???

I don't know my total but it's over a grand. Squat in the upper 3's, deadlift in the upper 4's bench in the upper 2's. Those are raw numbers and I have a lot of room to grow.

Keep in mind lifting with gear involves very different mechanics. You cannot simply put on a squat suit and add 100 lbs. In fact, you may squat less with it on initially. It takes time to get used to equipped lifting, it takes time to learn. So my advice to you on the training part is to really learn alot about the techniques used for suited lifting and practice them. Here is a good site EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers There are alot of articles there on the subject and I'm sure they can be of help to you.

You may already know this from your training pals though.

I THINK it's the APF???

You shouldn't be worried about steroids if you have not even put on a squat suit or briefs yet. There is so much left to get out of good equipment. Like fufu mentioned it takes time to get used to the stuff. Squat suits make you want to lunge forward with the weight. It takes a bit of practice to get in the "groove". Nothing more scary then having heavy weight on your back and feel like you are going to fall flat on your face coming up with the weight.

Not trying to flame you here...but I started PL when I was like 13-14...and I wanna say I was 15-16 when I set 4 APF IL state records that still stand today with lifts exceeding yours. I have won state and national meets many times. Had I gone to South Africa when I was 16 for the worlds my lifts would have brought me home gold. At that age I was squating 490, deadlifting 510, and benching 260. What I am trying to say is you have a LONG way to go before you need to think about using steroids to make gains. You are not even close to being competitive in your age/weight class naturally. Even further away if you want to play in the untested events. My father is still lifting and judges APF events. I know their mens open class is not tested, but now you are dealing with guys squating 1000lbs or more.

You can take my advice for what it is, but if I were in your shoes before even considering steroids as a means to improve my lifts I would get better through training....watching my diet....and for sure getting the most out of my suits and bench shirt.

Ok guys. I don't know why you are trying to talk me out of gear? My question never was "should I do steroids? I just don't know!!" It was advice about if I was to use gear what recommendations/advice would you have.

Obviously I have my OWN reservations. But they are my own. Maybe that's why I haven't used gear in almost 2 years....think about it.

I'm not trying to win a goddamn meet, just THINKING about putting my best foot forward.

There isn't anyone that I know that weighs 170-180 that squats 1000lbs or more. (definitely not in alabama) What are you talking about?

Keep in mind lifting with gear involves very different mechanics. You cannot simply put on a squat suit and add 100 lbs. In fact, you may squat less with it on initially. It takes time to get used to equipped lifting, it takes time to learn. So my advice to you on the training part is to really learn alot about the techniques used for suited lifting and practice them. Here is a good site EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers There are alot of articles there on the subject and I'm sure they can be of help to you.

Fufu....PWGriffin...nice to meet you. Thx for the advice. Yes of course I knew that. They've got gear that fits me and I have 8 months before the meet, I will be ready.

Thread's done obviously. I guess until I am squatting a grand and benching a house steroids are just OUT OF THE QUESTION. Because EVERYONE knows that steroids are only for ELITE ATHLETES and no one else should do them because if you aren't the EPITOME of strength and power then they have a completely adverse effect on your health and I won't get any stronger.

The kind of advice I'm getting is arrogant and condescending. Thank you and good night.

IML Gear Cream!
The kind of advice I'm getting is arrogant and condescending. Thank you and good night.

I thought it was very thoughtful and on the money. Don't ask if ya don't want an honest answer. :shrug:

Sure, you probably can't keep up but thats how life is. Some people push the envelope risking a greater cost, some will always have better genetics too - thats just how it goes.

Anadrol is a great strength friend, less expensive than halo to boot. Test n drol I've found to work quite well, no tren needed.

Back