• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Walnuts going bad?

cpush

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For the past few years, walnuts have been a part of my daily diet. Unfortunately today I encountered a rather unpleasant experience with them.

I buy them usually from organic or grocery stores, and get them in the "halves" form. I keep them in a plastic bag in the cupboard for maybe 2 months or so. I am currently living in Holland and have been purchasing them from a local Turkish shop.

Today when I was measuring the nuts, they looked like they had something coming out of the center (of the half) like a sawdust weird material. I brushed it off, and then saw a tiny worm crawling around the nut! I threw the whole bag away. This bag of nuts is maybe 2 weeks old.. what's the deal?

I've been trying to read up on this and see that walnuts do get infested. I can only imagine how many times I've overlooked the pieces and have eaten worms, bugs, or whatever dwells in the walnut.

I don't know if I can bring myself to eat them again... I am itching just thinking about it. :wits:

Its just a bug, dont be a pussy

Canape1.jpg

If I ever saw a bug in my food I know I could never eat that food again.

haha thanks..

so you guys have never experienced this? I have searched a bit but mostly only find information regarding mass walnut growing and "husk fly" infestations of their entire plants. I'll have to look into it further.

It's probably not the walnut per se but the shop you buy them from. I store all my nuts in the freezer to keep 'em fresh. If there are bugs in them, I consider them frozen protein treats ;)

If I ever saw a bug in my food I know I could never eat that food again.

Zactly happened with Corn on the Cob for me about 10 years ago. Haven't touched it since.

Back