NapsGear.net

General Question

STREET MEDIC

Rep Points

Question General Question

I have not lifted for over a year and would like to start again. My goal again is to put some mass on and just get into shape. I have trained on a 4 day split in the past with one body part a week. My question is should I start again with one body part a week or something else. Reading all these magazines you see pro bodybuilders doing one body part a week, once you acheive your goal do you go with a one body part a week to maintain or can you start out with that? Some magazines say you can put mass on by doing two body parts a week:upper/lower twice a week. What should I start out with???

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fieldmedic View Post
    I have not lifted for over a year and would like to start again. My goal again is to put some mass on and just get into shape. I have trained on a 4 day split in the past with one body part a week. My question is should I start again with one body part a week or something else. Reading all these magazines you see pro bodybuilders doing one body part a week, once you acheive your goal do you go with a one body part a week to maintain or can you start out with that? Some magazines say you can put mass on by doing two body parts a week:upper/lower twice a week. What should I start out with???
    Dont believe everything you read in the mags. Most the routines they feature will only work if you're on massive amounts of drugs and have good genetics - like pro bodybuilders.

Your best bet would be to go with a higher frequency split that utilizes compound movements rather than isolating body parts.

Upper/Lower 3 or 4 times a week is a good one. Fullbody 2 or 3 times a week is also good. If you have to, use a Push/Pull/Legs split but that isnt too far off from a bodypart split IMO.

Personally i prefer Upper/Lower 3 times a week, but the bottom line is variety. I wouldnt do any kind of program twice in a row.

Read the sticky topics in the Training section for information on setting up a balanced program, post your program attempt here, and the members will be more than happy to give you some advice on how to make it better.

Good luck
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.