• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

General Question

fieldmedic

STREET MEDIC
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have not lifted for over a year and would like to start again. My goal again is to put some mass on and just get into shape. I have trained on a 4 day split in the past with one body part a week. My question is should I start again with one body part a week or something else. Reading all these magazines you see pro bodybuilders doing one body part a week, once you acheive your goal do you go with a one body part a week to maintain or can you start out with that? Some magazines say you can put mass on by doing two body parts a week:upper/lower twice a week. What should I start out with???

I have not lifted for over a year and would like to start again. My goal again is to put some mass on and just get into shape. I have trained on a 4 day split in the past with one body part a week. My question is should I start again with one body part a week or something else. Reading all these magazines you see pro bodybuilders doing one body part a week, once you acheive your goal do you go with a one body part a week to maintain or can you start out with that? Some magazines say you can put mass on by doing two body parts a week:upper/lower twice a week. What should I start out with???

Dont believe everything you read in the mags. Most the routines they feature will only work if you're on massive amounts of drugs and have good genetics - like pro bodybuilders.

Your best bet would be to go with a higher frequency split that utilizes compound movements rather than isolating body parts.

Upper/Lower 3 or 4 times a week is a good one. Fullbody 2 or 3 times a week is also good. If you have to, use a Push/Pull/Legs split but that isnt too far off from a bodypart split IMO.

Personally i prefer Upper/Lower 3 times a week, but the bottom line is variety. I wouldnt do any kind of program twice in a row.

Read the sticky topics in the Training section for information on setting up a balanced program, post your program attempt here, and the members will be more than happy to give you some advice on how to make it better.

Good luck :thumb:

Back