IronMagLabs Osta Rx

practcing defense by myself.

Rep Points

practcing defense by myself.

is there anyway i can practice my boxing defense like blocks and slips without someone else throwing them at me? i have the form dow n i just need to work on my reaction to the punch coming.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danny81 View Post
    is there anyway i can practice my boxing defense like blocks and slips without someone else throwing them at me? i have the form dow n i just need to work on my reaction to the punch coming.
    Double end bag, reflex bag, slip ball, ect. Hit up the Title website they got just about any training tool you can think of. Or you could just get professionally trained. Depends on how serious you are. Could always start with the equipment though, because a lot of it is real cheap and effective.

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

I just got a heavy punching bag and I must say its one of the best purchase I've ever made. to answer your question I dont think theres a way. better get a partner.

Rep Points

lol i have a partner and a trainer. but i liek to practice a little by myself when im home.

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Slip bag works if you stay at it with upper body movement and transition combos for several minutes at a time. I'm sure you've used one, but just in case the idea is not to hit the bag but to avoid it. Set it swinging and avoid it as you practice combos.

Get an old thick tube sock, and a plastic bag. Fill the bag with sand and stuff it in the sock. String it up to something and get busy. Set the bag at jaw level while in stance. I set mine a few feet in front of my heavy bag so I can keep solid strikes in the work out. Some guys will also set one in front of a wall bag, but the heavy bag worked out better for me. Boxers of course don't practice kicks and knee strikes so they always just hang it out there alone and get under it.

Lol ... ya gotta love youtube. After typing all that in I found this ...

Last edited by BoneCrusher; 09-10-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Rep Points

thanks guys. thats aa graet site and great vid. best thing a bout it is i thinki can make all those things.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Slip bag works if you stay at it with upper body movement and transition combos for several minutes at a time. I'm sure you've used one, but just in case the idea is not to hit the bag but to avoid it. Set it swinging and avoid it as you practice combos.

Get an old thick tube sock, and a plastic bag. Fill the bag with sand and stuff it in the sock. String it up to something and get busy. Set the bag at jaw level while in stance. I set mine a few feet in front of my heavy bag so I can keep solid strikes in the work out. Some guys will also set one in front of a wall bag, but the heavy bag worked out better for me. Boxers of course don't practice kicks and knee strikes so they always just hang it out there alone and get under it.

Lol ... ya gotta love youtube. After typing all that in I found this ...

Screw that, go out side make a ball of clay mud, take some old nails and stick them head first into the mud leaving 3/4 sticking out, add some broken glass and then stick an eye-hook into the top, let it bake in the sun for a couple of days and then take it inside and suspend it from the ceiling, get it swinging and then you'll be sure to learn quick reflexes or else....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Fitness Celebrity

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    Screw that, go out side make a ball of clay mud, take some old nails and stick them head first into the mud leaving 3/4 sticking out, add some broken glass and then stick an eye-hook into the top, let it bake in the sun for a couple of days and then take it inside and suspend it from the ceiling, get it swinging and then you'll be sure to learn quick reflexes or else....
    Yeah i like your idea better

Super Hero in Training

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    Ok Danielson- use drum technique. Ancient Miagi family secret
    Success leaves clues. People who produce outstanding results do specific things to create those results

Nobody cares what you did yesterday or what you are going to do tomorrow. What is important is what you are doing NOW to solve our problem

THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
    - Appollo Creed

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Here's how to practice defending yourself from yourself.