• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Would you ever have different Rest Intervals for different days?

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For instance, Upper's exercises have 30 - 90 sec RI, but Lower's exercises have 60 sec - 2 min exercises?

I enjoy doing upper body workouts with shorter rests, but I dont like doing lower body workouts with shorter rests. I dont have very big legs, nor are they strong as Id like them to do be, so I want to keep intensity high. At the same time, I dont care if I lose a little strength/size in my upper body right now (of course, I dont want a significant loss in muscle), but I would like to make the rest shorter.

Would this be an applicable process? Maybe even doing short rests with lower, long rests with upper on week 1, then long rest with lower, short rests with upper on week 2?

Remember that size and strength are different. With shorter RI's you may lose some maximal strength but improve conditioning and elicit hypertrophic affects depending on your diet. My RI's are about the same as my upper currently. I can understand increasing your RI's for lower body because you are engaging many more muscles so naturally it is more fatiguing on your system. It's relative.

My rest intervals are dependent on the weight being moved and not necessarily the bodypart location. Deads will have a longer RI than chins. Bench will also have a longer RI than chins. I will vary the RI depending on how my body feels that day. If i'm super pumped and have plenty of energy i may only rest long enough to add more weight to the barbell on deads. Other days it's approximately 1 minute or so. I typically don't go over a minute for any RI.

Remember that size and strength are different. With shorter RI's you may lose some maximal strength but improve conditioning and elicit hypertrophic affects depending on your diet. My RI's are about the same as my upper currently. I can understand increasing your RI's for lower body because you are engaging many more muscles so naturally it is more fatiguing on your system. It's relative.

That alone is why I figured it was applicable.

Size and strength are different, but not opposite. If you have a shitload of strength, chances are, youre gonna have some size. And vice versa. However, extremities are really the only time I see the difference. E.g. Bodybuilders vs. powerlifters.

Interesting. That goes against what I thought, but fufu knows far more than me. I would have thought that low RI's would cause loss of size - or at least in HIT type capacity.

Interesting. That goes against what I thought, but fufu knows far more than me. I would have thought that low RI's would cause loss of size - or at least in HIT type capacity.

loss of size will really only happen when you are aren't eating enough calories. There are so many factors involved however.

Back