• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fitness Model Comps?

Leslie

DOWNSIZING
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How can one find out about amateur fitness model contests?
Ok some will say I am a goodlooking chick- but unfortunately I am NO where near competing as a bodybuilder or fitness. I did some research and found that fitness model comps don't regquire "posing" or fitness routines and are good astart for beginners . JBO had told me about IFBB- but it seems to be international with very amnly ladies. I live in the US. Any idea how to get invovled and how to determine when and if you are reasdy to train for a contest?? Pls Help!

I am going to do a competition with the NPC, so you can look on their web site. I looked and there aren't any in MD, but there are some fitness and figure in NJ. There is one in Sept, Oct, and Nov. The cost is $55.00 I believe. If you are looking further out there will be many more contests. There are many other organizations also. :)

In the U.S. the NPC has a figure division which requires no routine....it is similar to the fitness model comps that J'bo was talking about.

OK cool Thanks Craig and W8lfter- I will check it out. I am org from NJ- my parents still reside there! Do you think I could be somewhat presentable by oct or Nov????

w8, you can show her Mrs. Big Rob if you want, one week out....or the backstage pic cropped! :D She won the Western Regional Medium Tall Physique last November.

DP

There is one in Hackensack NJ on November 9th, same day as mine. I think there is absolutely no reason why you couldn't do that one. It is at the Bergen Tech High School. :thumb:

That would be cool cause its far away and I'd get to meet ya BUT I just checked out the website and it seems the chicks are hardcore BB- there are 5 reasons why I can't compete!
- one arm push up
-straddle hold
-leg ext hold
-full split
-high kick
All are required and I can only do ...well...none!:bawling:

Is that for Figure? You would have to do that. My competition is in San Antonio TX on November 9th. That would be even further. :D

I just read the Figure rules and there is no routine that you have to do. All you have to do is stand in front of a bunch of people in a two piece swimsuit. :D How far is NJ, I am going there yea buddy. :)

IML Gear Cream!
OK, I looked up Bethesda. You are closer to PA

There is Figure comp on Sept 9th in Harrisburg PA, that would be tight but you could probably do it. :)

craig I am sorry but where do you see that? I see the Galaxy which has swimsuit but also has some kind of obstacle course made by the marines. I am sorry I am being a pain the butt!

Originally posted by craig777
OK, I looked up Bethesda. You are closer to PA

There is Figure comp on Sept 9th in Harrisburg PA, that would be tight but you could probably do it. :)
If Nj is later I could do it- Its 3 1/2 hrs away- but I could stay at my mom's..

* NPC FIGURE DIVISION:
A new division of the NPC, FIGURE is approved for 2001. This division will give our athletes additional opportunity to compete. NPC Figure will consist of two (2) rounds and NOT require a routine round. The two (2) piece swimsuit round will be held at pre-judging and the one (1) piece swimsuit round at the evening finals. The First Annual 2001 NPC National Figure Championships, which will be held on August 10 - 11, 2001, at the 2001 NPC Team Universe Bodybuilding and Fitness Championships in New York, New York.

Won't require a routine round. :thumb:

9/21/02
Bodybuilding
Fitness
Figure
Women's Extravaganza (NQ)
Bergen Tech High School
Hackensack, New Jersey
Bob Bonham
(201) 896-1360

10/15/02
Bodybuilding
Fitness
Figure
South Jersey Championships
Asbury Park High School
Asbury Park, NJ
Paul Hendricks
(973) 202-7791

11/9/02
Bodybuilding
Fitness
Figure
East Coast Championships (NQ)
Bergen Tech High School
Hackensack, New Jersey
Mazen Ali
(973) 523-2707

Craig I found the link! You are so smart- I was on the website but somehow I missed that! So I feel more comfortable knowing BIG BULKY muscles are a no-no- and even more comfortable its late in NOV. I need the TIME! You are gonna do the BB contest! Have you competed before? Should I register? I mean Honestly I am TALL and it might be difficlut to get that LOOK. Pls be honest and tell me if you think I'd be wasting my time.

I heard that you can register at the door, but I think that I will send the card in early so I don't have to worry about it. Yes, I am going to do the BB contest, I have never done one before. I don't think I would look good in a bikini, so I will do the BB. :D I really hope that I do good. :)

I am not really sure of what look they want for figure, so I really can't answer. You might want to call one of the organizers that I listed to see what the judges will be looking for, but like J'Bo said I think they will be looking for a more female figure. In all honesty you have a female figure and I think that you will do just fine. I think that if you get your eating straight you will have no problem at all.

Just remember if you do it, have fun with it. It isn't worth stressing over. :D

Be forwarned...the NPC judges (to put it mildly) still don't know WTF they are looking for. You can go to one show this weekend and they will pick all the hard, very muscular girls. You go to another show the following weekend and the judges will pick the softer yet still muscular girls.

My trainer spoke with Sandy Ranalli, one of the Executive Council members and she says there is no difference in the judging criteria between the physique rounds for Figure and Fitness.

BS! It depends on the judges. Judges who have mainly judged bodybuilding contests for most if not all of their judging careers, will automatically have an eye that leans toward the more muscular, hard, tight, vascular, striated look.

The judging is very messed up. You have to just go and have a good time.

I am so in aggreeance with Lorraine, that is how i found the judging in my association too. you can't count on winning but you can do your best and have fun.

IML Gear Cream!
Lorraine and Jbo- thansk for letting me know- if I enter I really don't think I will WIN whether they are looking for softer- esp if they are looking harder! - but I just wanna have some fun anyway!!

Morning Leslie,

You definately will have fun, especially if the girls are as friendly and helpful as they are here.:D

Hi Leslie,
I have been thinking about competing for a while as well. When I move back to NH I would be close to that comp in NJ. I just don't know if I have the physique for it.:( I am only 5"1' and I think I would look out of place. Do you know if they have any height restrictions or if short people don't have a chance in hell?

I don't thtink that would be a problem at all: I quote off the NPC site:

If the contest has three classes, then they will be:

Under 5'3"
Over 5'3" up to and including 5'5-1/2"
Over 5'5-1/2"
If the contest has two classes, then they will be:

Under 5'3"
Over 5'3"

I think its better if you are shorter cause tall people have a harder time bulking! As for the physique- Hell I don't have the "figure" for the contest either- but we can both train and try for it- I thnk it would be fun- I am gonna go for it. You should to, we have FOUR months. Thats enough time to do something with ourselves!

Leslie,

You need some confidence girl, you have a :hot: hot body, and should be proud. If you had a straight boyish look with no hips, then you would be in trouble. You got a good foundation to build on. :)

Originally posted by Leslie2196
I don't thtink that would be a problem at all: I quote off the NPC site:

If the contest has three classes, then they will be:

Under 5'3"
Over 5'3" up to and including 5'5-1/2"
Over 5'5-1/2"
If the contest has two classes, then they will be:

Under 5'3"
Over 5'3"

Well that being the case. I'll go for it! What have I got to loose but I am nervous already just thinking about it. Whats the website, I'd like to check it out see what I'm getting myself into. This would obviously be my first competition as well. Maybe we can help each other out.

Last edited:
Cool! I think its NPC.com- or just look up NPC Figure and you will bring up the homepage that way...

Ladies~before you step out on stage just remember to get some instruction on the proper way to pose and present yourself from someone (here or otherwise) who know what they're doing.

At my last competition I felt so sorry for this girl who was competing in the Figure division.

"What do you mean we have to pose?!. I thought this was just a bikini contest."

"So if you win this, do you get to turn pro?"

She didn't think ask anyone of us that seemed to know what we were doing what the proper way was to walk out on stage, so she struts out there like a runway model does a few turns and takes her spot. I did feel very sorry for her because I heard the laughs and chuckles in the audience. And I saw the look on the judges faces.

If you can, attend a competition or two before the one you're planning on doing so that you can see what goes on.

Research, planning and preparation are all key elements to being able to stand up there and exude confidence.

Originally posted by Lorraine
Ladies~before you step out on stage just remember to get some instruction on the proper way to pose and present yourself from someone (here or otherwise) who know what they're doing.

At my last competition I felt so sorry for this girl who was competing in the Figure division.

"What do you mean we have to pose?!. I thought this was just a bikini contest."

"So if you win this, do you get to turn pro?"

She didn't think ask anyone of us that seemed to know what we were doing what the proper way was to walk out on stage, so she struts out there like a runway model does a few turns and takes her spot. I did feel very sorry for her because I heard the laughs and chuckles in the audience. And I saw the look on the judges faces.

If you can, attend a competition or two before the one you're planning on doing so that you can see what goes on.

Research, planning and preparation are all key elements to being able to stand up there and exude confidence.

Excellent post! :D

DP

Back