• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need your opinions...

bones33

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I normally just read through posts, and not post my own topics as much... i've been lifting for about a year seriously, and am happy with my gains but I just cannot seem to gain weight. I dont think my frame could get much bigger than it is now without gaining. I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21 in 2 months.. i'm 5'11 and about 158lbs.. for the past month i've been eating like CRAZY (yes, counting calories and things) and I havent gained an ounce from when I used to eat low calorie. I am seriously considering steroids and want to know you're opinions on them, and which may benefit me the most so that I can do research and decide if it's right for me, and how to properly admistrate them. I'd prefer to stay away from needles, but as I've read the pills are killer on the liver... So please, a few opinions, no bashing.

If you can't gain weight without steroids, you're probably not ready for steroids.

Either you workouts or your diet are sub par. Or both.

DOMS, if you dont mine heres what my routine looks like...(for this week, every 2 weeks I switch the reps and go heavy, heavy meaning 4-6 reps)

Chest:

Bench 3x8
Incline 2x10
Decline 3x10
Tri's(Done with Chest)
Skull Crushers: 3x 12
Pushdowns: 2x10

Back:
Pulldowns: 3x8
Rows 2x10
Weighted Pullups 3x8-10
Deads 2x8
Bis: Preachers: 2x8

Legs: Squats 3x8
Romanians 2x10
Leg extensions: 3x10
Calf Raises 2x10

Is there something wrong with this routine?

its simple cals in vs cals out. if you take in more than you burn, you will gain weight(period). so my guess is your diet isnt on par. i would post your diet, and macros in the diet section. try bumping your kcals by 500. if you start to gain weight within a week, keep them there until weight gain halts.. then bump them again.

DOMS, if you dont mine heres what my routine looks like...(for this week, every 2 weeks I switch the reps and go heavy, heavy meaning 4-6 reps)

Chest:

Bench 3x8
Incline 2x10
Decline 3x10
Tri's(Done with Chest)
Skull Crushers: 3x 12
Pushdowns: 2x10

Back:
Pulldowns: 3x8
Rows 2x10
Weighted Pullups 3x8-10
Deads 2x8
Bis: Preachers: 2x8

Legs: Squats 3x8
Romanians 2x10
Leg extensions: 3x10
Calf Raises 2x10

Is there something wrong with this routine?

Well, without knowing anything about your genetics, I'd say you have way too much triceps, and imbalance in your push/pulls, and why are Deads on back day?

Also, if your goal is to gain size, why are your reps so high?

You really should back off from steroids just yet. You really need to solidify your knowledge of weight training.

BTW, what is your diet like? Are you getting enough, and the right kind, of macros? Or are you starving yourself?

So lower my reps you'd say?

So lower my reps you'd say?

Yes.

There are some good posts at the top of the Training forum (called stickies) that have plenty of great information. It's all to the point. You couldn't ask for a better starting point.

You could also go to the Online Journals section and look at some of the routines posted there to get ideas.

And eat, eat, eat!

But my routine looks decent right? ill lower the triceps, but i read some of hte stickies and got the routine from that kinda...

But my routine looks decent right? ill lower the triceps, but i read some of hte stickies and got the routine from that kinda...

I'm no expert, but I think you should retool your routine.

There are plenty of pre-made routines that you could do. There are some in the stickies that would really help you. You could do something a bit more exotic like Power/Rep Range/Shock or Bill Starr's 5x5. But you'd probably get a lot of benefit from a basic, compound lifting, routine in the stickies.

I checked it over, I really don't see what I'm doing wrong could you possibly be so kind to map me out a basic routine quickly so I have sometihng to build on?

IML Gear Cream!
Plus, cowpimps split looks like you only do one set for chest???

too much volume for chest.

where is the shoulder work?

too much tricep volume especially after a chest workout like that.

deadlifts on back day?

do you do any core work/abs?

why what does your chest routine look like PreMier?

im doing a push/pull split as well, here is my push day. the other days can be seen in my journal in the first post

1) Overhead press- 4 sets x 2 reps (db mili)
2) CG bench press- 3 sets x 6-8 reps
3) Flyes- 3 x 12-15 reps (if not do a triceps exercise)
4) CG pulldown- 3 x 12

i read your journal, cool stuff, but you only do one chest excercise once per week!??

sorry.. yea, one chest exercise per week. it does get hit doing close grip bench presses as well.

if i had time i would go to the gym 4 days a week on the same split. so every 3rd week i would be doing chest 2x's a week(as well as legs and back).

Back