IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

BCAAs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCAAs

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

BCAAs

Anyone have a particular brand they like? I have used ICE in the past but was wondering if anyone has tried any other flavored BCAAs.

thanks.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I just bought some Xtend and it seems to be okay so far.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Rep Points

liver pills

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

liver pills and bcaa's to me are a waste. i prefer eaa's myself, but if i had to go with bcaa's lemonade xtened was excellent. on a cut sure. overall, eaa's are better imo.

little guy with big hopes

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    liver pills and bcaa's to me are a waste. i prefer eaa's myself, but if i had to go with bcaa's lemonade xtened was excellent. on a cut sure. overall, eaa's are better imo.
    sorry to bump in here..but you always say things that catch my interest nni, and then i always gotta drop some questions on you. lol.

was wondering, why would you consider xtend a good supplement for cutting? and im not too familiar with eaa's what do you use, what all do you recommend?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

bcaa is branch chain amino acid. eaa is essential amino acids.

nni would you recommend eaas or just supplementation with l-leucine?

from what i have read if you are getting adequate protein, then supplementation of leucine is more effective than using bcaa's. but i havent read much on the subject at all.

P are you cutting?
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

xtend is an excellent supplement and fairly priced. if you want bcaa's then i couldnt recommend a better item.

i have recently made the switch to all eaa's. eaa + carbs pre workout (per the tipton studies) and eaa+ crabs post workout. this is experimental for me, but recovery has been great.

ideally if someone asked me to do pre / post for muscle growth it would go like this:

pre
    eaa + carbs (plus whatever goodies, creatine, BA etc.)

the eaa's i have tried and liked are 8-beta anabol by epic. and primal eaa by primaforce. i mix the prima with either sizeon or cytomax, or vitargo depending on exericse and timing.

i would definitely add leucine post workout, and do the eaa pre workout.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bulk Nutrition - 1Fast400 L-Leucine powder at discount prices! (Bulk Wellness Powders, Bulk Wellness Powders, Bulk Wellness Powders) reading on avant, people take this post workout with their shake. its supposed to increase protein synthesis, or the rate of it.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

fuck no, I am not cutting. I hate that gay shit.

I am asking because Ivonne was looking for a less expensive brand than the ICE.

I couldn't care less about that shit. I think it is all a waste of money anyway.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Amateur Gynecologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    fuck no, I am not cutting. I hate that gay shit.

I am asking because Ivonne was looking for a less expensive brand than the ICE.

I couldn't care less about that shit. I think it is all a waste of money anyway.
    Xtend is about 22 bucks a jug here.
    DRSE Reconnaissance

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

bueno!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't blame it on Ivonne, I know you are cutting Fat ass.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
    Bulk Nutrition - 1Fast400 L-Leucine powder at discount prices! (Bulk Wellness Powders, Bulk Wellness Powders, Bulk Wellness Powders) reading on avant, people take this post workout with their shake. its supposed to increase protein synthesis, or the rate of it.
    you gona try it?
    i read up on it a bit, just on the site you posted.
    people were saying it just cant be mixed with water, period. it floats to the top.
    tastes like shit (eh that dont matter tho)
    and that they take it pre, and post workout

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

BCAA vs EAA vs L-Leucine - Mind and Muscle Forums

read this if you want to fry your brain.
    P-side Inc.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't read that site. I hate it.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i know, it wasnt for you. it was for delusional

i know you dont like big words
    P-side Inc.

Rep Points

hm. if anything im thinking of getting some 1fast 400 leucine you posted, and mixing about 5g with 20-25g truemass, and drinking that before/during workout.

and then make the exact same shake for post workout.

or getting a thing of primal eea and use a scoop of that in water, and drink it before and during workout. then either just having 3 scoops of TrueMass or 3 scoops of TrueMass with another scoop of primal eea.

guess i got some time to figure out what i wana do tho. gona be a while before i buy anything else.

just curious, are you going to incorporate leucine into your workouts? if so, how do you plan to do it.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    hm. if anything im thinking of getting some 1fast 400 leucine you posted, and mixing about 5g with 20-25g truemass, and drinking that before/during workout.

and then make the exact same shake for post workout.

or getting a thing of primal eea and use a scoop of that in water, and drink it before and during workout. then either just having 3 scoops of TrueMass or 3 scoops of TrueMass with another scoop of primal eea.

guess i got some time to figure out what i wana do tho. gona be a while before i buy anything else.

just curious, are you going to incorporate leucine into your workouts? if so, how do you plan to do it.

Dude, at 150lbs you need to jsut workout and eat. You still have very little idea about proper nutrition or training. Stop worrying about the little things like this and start lifting weights.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

leucine will mix, you either need to use a handheld mixer, or let it sit in the fridge for five minutes.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    leucine will mix, you either need to use a handheld mixer, or let it sit in the fridge for five minutes.
    ah i see. i think if i was gona start using leucine i would get the primal eea stuff. seems pretty good. but im not gona worry about that until way further down the road. and how come you mix the primal force eea with somethin like cytomax? would it be ok to just use water if you didnt have somethin like cytomax?

also nni. what do you think about waxy maze? and what brand would you recommend?

i just like learning and figuring this stuff out so that WHEN I DO finally plan to buy this stuff ill know exactly what i want, ill know its worth it and ill know its gonna work. cause yea p-funk i know i dont need to worry about every single supplement out there. but after training and all for a long time i know sooner or later ill want stuff like this to further help me.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    Dude, at 150lbs you need to jsut workout and eat. You still have very little idea about proper nutrition or training. Stop worrying about the little things like this and start lifting weights.
    and plus. gotta correct you..i only weigh 125lbs lol..

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

just lift weights! do you even have a workout program set up?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

listen to P. dont waste money on the bullshit bro
    P-side Inc.

Rep Points

man..fuck. you guys are right i know :[ i realized i took it too far a couple of weeks ago..its just. for the first time ever ive finally stuck with this, with everything. all the other times, since i was like 17, i was lucky to make it 2 weeks and then just fall into temptations, give up easy, quit soon. now ive finally stuck with it, my diet, my work outs. and i know this time is different from all the others and that i finally am goin to be able to do this and not quit or anything. and so after about a month of it all i started reading up so much good shit on supplements and it just got me even more hyped thinking "oh man all this shit will make me even better" you know. i thought itd help me gain weight, help me be able to lift more in less time, give me better results, faster results, better recovery..everything..
    so since then ive just been wanting to get everything that id think would help..
    i got n.o xplode, cellmass, syntha-6, truemass, nitrix, and animal pak
    i guess thats all i need for now. maybe its too much but i really like all the supplements im using so far.

i got a workout routine, i posted it in the training forum actually, and really i was hoping for your opinion on it p-funk, but maybe you missed it.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

just go with a total body routine and try and put on as much size as possible.

the 5x5 routine would actually work pretty well for you.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    ah i see. i think if i was gona start using leucine i would get the primal eea stuff. seems pretty good. but im not gona worry about that until way further down the road. and how come you mix the primal force eea with somethin like cytomax? would it be ok to just use water if you didnt have somethin like cytomax?

also nni. what do you think about waxy maze? and what brand would you recommend?

i just like learning and figuring this stuff out so that WHEN I DO finally plan to buy this stuff ill know exactly what i want, ill know its worth it and ill know its gonna work. cause yea p-funk i know i dont need to worry about every single supplement out there. but after training and all for a long time i know sooner or later ill want stuff like this to further help me.
    i use cytomax to add a carb source to the eaa and i like the taste.

waxy maize is all the same unless its vitargo. it isnt necessary.

as long as you are just learning, then cool. people focus too much on supps. in the beginning protein and creatine is all you need.

Rep Points

You need to eat, eat, eat and eat. You shouldn't worry about supplements other than calories. Heavyweight Gainer 900, mmmmmm taste so good.

I mix 6 scoops of Xtend with 2 scoops of Primal EAA. I'm dieting down for a shoot though. If you aren't dieting/cutting, I'd probably spend my money elsewhere (just as general advice). There is a site (I no longer own it) that is selling bcaa's for 32/kilo right now

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

where the hell have you been?

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

mike is back! its mike right? been so long..
    P-side Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast