Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

I Just Have to Rant a Little...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 170
  1. #1
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    I Just Have to Rant a Little...

    Here it goes:

    I started seeing the psychologist about 6 months ago because I was feeling really depressed (had a lot of emotional problems). Turns out that my depression stemmed from a hypersensitivity to criticism (interesting because I work in a position known for being at the top of the most stressful jobs list - Master Control of a television station ), which most likely started because I really hated myself deep down for being so different from everyone. I was taller, I had uncontrollable twitches (only slightly better now), and then I realized I was gay (which really put me over the edge and I thought a few times about suicide). We went through all of that and are now dealing with my self-defeating nature. I'm trying to become more comfortable with myself, at least enough to be able to meet other guys (not for sex necessarily) and maybe one day build a relationship with someone.

    It's been fun getting more involved in the "gay culture." I can see some of the little, seemingly innocent things that straight people say and how my views on everything have changed. Engagement announcements almost make me angry now because I know that I may never be able to do that and if I do have a "ceremony" that it'll probably be met with more opposition than anyone out there knows - I've heard of people receiving threats, family members disowning their sons/daughters, and some members threatening legal action of some sort, plus mom will either not show up or be there crying. That is just one item, there are a lot of seemingly innocent things our straight friends talk to us about that just dig a little deeper (raising kids is the next most common one I think).

    Anyways, that's the end of my rant, I feel a little better now.

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  2. #2
    lifts weights
    ELITE MEMBER
    FishOrCutBait's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Minneapple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,809

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10372030

    kids these days.





    (i mistyped that 3 times before I got to the final version)




    well, like I said. or didnt say. or intended to say.


    you seem like genuine, positive neat person. Im sorry that I couldnt think of anything more coherent or positive to say, because I am exhausted and I basically just wanted to say that I support you, and that Im sorry that today's culture isnt more accepting of you and your life.

    As a Christian, I dont fundamentally support your lifestyle, however, Christ taught his followers to love their neighbors, above all else.


    I will say, though, that as an American, who lives in a nation that was founded utilizing SOME Christian IDEALS, and not upon the Bible itself, and not founded as a theocracy, I believe wholeheartedly that you should receive more support than you do, from the government.

    You are harming none other than those who cannot tear the shrouds of ignorance and blind hatred from their eyes, and you are only even negatively affecting them because they cannot be adult with the situation, and open their minds and see that we are a progressive society.


    or something

    tl;dr:

    stick it to the man.







    aaaaahhhhhhh why am i so lame.


    I almost put you go girl, but I didnt want you to think that I wouldnt normally say stupid shit like that


    because I do.
    This is my journal. Click it and such

    "
    tried and true theory on one's self is probably the only non-biased proof that something works for someone." - juggernaut

    http://www.ronpaul.com/

  3. #3
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Quote Originally Posted by FishOrCutBait View Post
    kids these days.





    (i mistyped that 3 times before I got to the final version)




    well, like I said. or didnt say. or intended to say.


    you seem like genuine, positive neat person. Im sorry that I couldnt think of anything more coherent or positive to say, because I am exhausted and I basically just wanted to say that I support you, and that Im sorry that today's culture isnt more accepting of you and your life.

    As a Christian, I dont fundamentally support your lifestyle, however, Christ taught his followers to love their neighbors, above all else.


    I will say, though, that as an American, who lives in a nation that was founded utilizing SOME Christian IDEALS, and not upon the Bible itself, and not founded as a theocracy, I believe wholeheartedly that you should receive more support than you do, from the government.

    You are harming none other than those who cannot tear the shrouds of ignorance and blind hatred from their eyes, and you are only even negatively affecting them because they cannot be adult with the situation, and open their minds and see that we are a progressive society.


    or something

    tl;dr:

    stick it to the man.







    aaaaahhhhhhh why am i so lame.


    I almost put you go girl, but I didnt want you to think that I wouldnt normally say stupid shit like that


    because I do.
    When you wake up, will you translate this a little for me. I got parts of it, but there are still some I can't decode.



    Seriously, I love guys like you who can be followers of a religion and still understand the core tenets of their religion (I get the feeling that certain people just can't do that, and sometimes they're in positions of power ). Thank you very much for your support!

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Dale Mabry's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Age
    40
    Posts
    15,577

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    249481082


    I fail to see why anyone on this planet cares what someone else does when it has absolutely no direct effect on them. Shoving our nose in other people's business is just the American way, I guess. I hate ignorance.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

    4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

    Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

  5. #5
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Nice to hear from you Dale!

    You're all too kind, thanks guys!

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  6. #6
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863173860


    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    Here it goes:

    I started seeing the psychologist about 6 months ago because I was feeling really depressed (had a lot of emotional problems). Turns out that my depression stemmed from a hypersensitivity to criticism (interesting because I work in a position known for being at the top of the most stressful jobs list - Master Control of a television station ), which most likely started because I really hated myself deep down for being so different from everyone. I was taller, I had uncontrollable twitches (only slightly better now), and then I realized I was gay (which really put me over the edge and I thought a few times about suicide). We went through all of that and are now dealing with my self-defeating nature. I'm trying to become more comfortable with myself, at least enough to be able to meet other guys (not for sex necessarily) and maybe one day build a relationship with someone.

    It's been fun getting more involved in the "gay culture." I can see some of the little, seemingly innocent things that straight people say and how my views on everything have changed. Engagement announcements almost make me angry now because I know that I may never be able to do that and if I do have a "ceremony" that it'll probably be met with more opposition than anyone out there knows - I've heard of people receiving threats, family members disowning their sons/daughters, and some members threatening legal action of some sort, plus mom will either not show up or be there crying. That is just one item, there are a lot of seemingly innocent things our straight friends talk to us about that just dig a little deeper (raising kids is the next most common one I think).

    Anyways, that's the end of my rant, I feel a little better now.
    Don't go down that bitter road, man. You'll just end up with so many other "victims".

    Ya know what? Life sucks for just about everybody. And by "suck", I mean that everything isn't perfect in their life and everything isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

    Sure, you've got some things that others don't, like tourettes syndrome. Consider this: Have you ever once said to yourself, "Hey, I'm fortunate that I wasn't born with down syndrome"? It's all about the perspective that you choose. That's right, I said "choose".

    There are things you can change, and there are things you can't change. Such is life. Yeah, I was born into poverty, but I rose above that. However, I'll never be able to hear in my right ear. And such is life.

    If you get to the point where all you say is that life "isn't fair" and that you're a victim, you've pretty much given up on controlling your own life. After all, if you were in control of your life, how could so many of the "unfair" things happen to your without your consent?

  7. #7
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863173860


    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    I fail to see why anyone on this planet cares what someone else does when it has absolutely no direct effect on them. Shoving our nose in other people's business is just the American way, I guess. I hate ignorance.
    A lot of people on this planet do that. Few have the ability to do with the power that Americans can.

    But yeah, I'm sure we corner the market on butting in on things that don't involve us as individuals. I forgot, when is the next ethnic cleansing coming up?

  8. #8
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Don't go down that bitter road, man. You'll just end up with so many other "victims".

    Ya know what? Life sucks for just about everybody. And by "suck", I mean that everything isn't perfect in their life and everything isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

    Sure, you've got some things that others don't, like tourettes syndrome. Consider this: Have you ever once said to yourself, "Hey, I'm fortunate that I wasn't born with down syndrome"? It's all about the perspective that you choose. That's right, I said "choose".

    There are things you can change, and there are things you can't change. Such is life. Yeah, I was born into poverty, but I rose above that. However, I'll never be able to hear in my right ear. And such is life.

    If you get to the point where all you say is that life "isn't fair" and that you're a victim, you've pretty much given up on controlling your own life. After all, if you were in control of your life, how could so many of the "unfair" things happen to your without your consent?
    You're right, I just got to take the bull by the balls and get back into the saddle!

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  9. #9
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863173860


    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    You're right, I just got to take the bull by the balls and get back into the saddle!
    Every time you mix metaphors, an English teacher kills a puppy.

    Getting the most out of life involves knowing what you want, getting it, and letting go of those things that you cannot change.

    Additionally, I think these words from Gore Vidal are appropriate for this post: "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn."

    You've come a long way tallcall, why not continue on?

  10. #10
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Every time you mix metaphors, an English teacher kills a puppy.

    Getting the most out of life involves knowing what you want, getting it, and letting go of those things that you cannot change.

    Additionally, I think these words from Gore Vidal are appropriate for this post: "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn."

    You've come a long way tallcall, why not continue on?
    Puppy murderer!

    I really do try to just go out there and not give a damn about what anyone else thinks (that's gotten me pretty far), but I just don't have the strength sometimes (I guess it pays to have friends - in person).

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  11. #11
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863173860


    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    Puppy murderer!
    Hey, you're the one using the puppy-killing mixed metaphors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    I really do try to just go out there and not give a damn about what anyone else thinks (that's gotten me pretty far), but I just don't have the strength sometimes (I guess it pays to have friends - in person).
    Achieving a good level of self-respect isn't easy. If it was, there wouldn't be so many people with low self-esteem.

    Heh, I came up with a saying for having a good level of self-esteem about a 10 months ago.

    When people mistake your self-confidence for indifference, then you're where you should be.

  12. #12
    Elite Kiki
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,728

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    24446685

    Wow, IM has gotten up close and personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  13. #13
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl View Post
    Wow, IM has gotten up close and personal.
    I just felt the need for a little ranting. I guess I needed a little therapy. How's things going with you anyway?

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  14. #14
    The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER
    tallcall's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,875

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    3356080

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Hey, you're the one using the puppy-killing mixed metaphors.



    Achieving a good level of self-respect isn't easy. If it was, there wouldn't be so many people with low self-esteem.

    Heh, I came up with a saying for having a good level of self-esteem about a 10 months ago.

    When people mistake your self-confidence for indifference, then you're where you should be.
    You're the one holding the knife! And, if you're relying on my to not use mixed metaphors, then we're going to have a sort of species cleansing on our hands (or should I say yours, I envision many bloody knives dulled by the bones of your victims)!

    So I'll just go on not giving a sh*t about what anyone else thinks and let them say what they want, I'll try not to let it get to me or anything. The most difficult people to do that to are my parents, they kind of disapprove of all this and think I should be on medication, I guess I'll just have to ignore them on all of this (it's not like they have to know

    2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

  15. #15
    Metrosexual
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,605

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1863173860


    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    You're the one holding the knife! And, if you're relying on my to not use mixed metaphors, then we're going to have a sort of species cleansing on our hands (or should I say yours, I envision many bloody knives dulled by the bones of your victims)!
    I've covered my preferences for killing before.

    Quote Originally Posted by tallcall View Post
    So I'll just go on not giving a sh*t about what anyone else thinks and let them say what they want, I'll try not to let it get to me or anything. The most difficult people to do that to are my parents, they kind of disapprove of all this and think I should be on medication, I guess I'll just have to ignore them on all of this (it's not like they have to know
    That's the delicate balance. You can't really be 100% self-contained without alienating family and friends. At the same time, you need to make sure that their influence in just that, influence, and not the core of who you are.

    I wish that I could give you definitive percentage, but it just doesn't work that way. I can say that if you spend a significant portion of each day fretting about what other think of you, that's there is some work that needs to be done.

Similar Threads

  1. Rant....
    By camarosuper6 in forum Training
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. Rant
    By Nate K in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM
  3. Tell me if this isn't some BS!!!- Rant!!!
    By Crono1000 in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 10:47 AM
  4. My rant on MCT`s
    By kuso in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums