• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Peanut butter or chicken?

flint blackman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just interested to know which has more protein peanut butter or chicken? It's easier to eat peanut butter on the go rather than chicken I find.

Chicken.

Chicken by far... no contest. peanut butter has some protein, but its eaten more for the healthy fats than the protein content....

Chicken has a much better protein to fat ratio

Someone asked me earlier today "Doesn't the protein in the almonds and peanuts count?"

I said...

NO!!

Protein is comprised of numerous "amino acids", most of which your body can actually make for you. The remaining 9 amino acids are considered Essential Amino Acids and you must get them from food.

The protein in Almonds and Peanuts is considered an "incomplete protein" because the protein molecules contain an insignificant amount of one or more of the Essential Amino Acids.

Your body can not repair your muscles if it is deprived of any one of these essential amino acids. Imagine building a house, but not including 1 out of every nine bricks! Disaster!

For protein, stick to meat, fish, eggs, whey, casein - i.e. animal sources.

You could mix rice and beans for example (which are both incomplete proteins) because rice has the essential amino acids that beans lack, and vice versa (i.e. together they make a complete protein) but, honestly, I'd stick to animal sources if I were you.

ONE OTHER THING...

Almonds and peanuts are both high in Omega 6 oils. Your body needs this kind of oil, but it needs Omega 3 oils with it to be able to utilize it.

I put some peanut butter in my bedtime shake and to utilize the oil I add some walnuts (high in Omega 3s). For breakfast I spread peanut butter on my toast and, again, to utilize it, I have some Fish Oil capsules (again, high in Omega 3 oils).

Make sense?

I hope that helps.

Back