Dieting - ?

Thread: Dieting - ?

Rep Points

Dieting - ?

I'm seventeen, Still at school etc. And i have been reading a hell of a lot of dieting programs, diets, supplements etc. The reality is for me (being at school studying etc) its not going to be easy for me to get that stuff.
    So i was just wondering what is a simple diet plan, that is easy and not to technical. And do you need to be so precise with your eating?

Rep Points

i have the same problems with classes for college and i had it in high school too. Too hard to do strict diet so i didnt lol. Only advice i can give u is eat a good breakfast, bring lunch and dont eat school food. I would always eat before football practice too, i used to have brown rice with chicken and a fruit or nuts. Also drink alot of water. And of course clean up your diet, like bad fats, sugars and crap.

hope i helped ><
    Eat like an Animal, Train like a Monster, Sleep like a Baby.

DP Elite

Rep Points

Cut back on simple carbs (candy, white bread and rice, pastries, soda), Replace with fruits, veggies, Whole grains, lean meats, nuts. basically stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Figure out your caloric needs and shoot to eat 500 or so less than mantainence. Once you figure out how many calories you want to be eating try to break it up over 5-6 meals and then shoot to eat that at each meal. It sounds really complicated, but once you get in the practice of reading calorie contents of everything its not so bad. You dont have to be exact, i found i got pretty good at estimating calorie contents. If you are unsure, go onto nutritiondata.com, they have the nutritional values of everything you can imagine on there.

Some people keep food journals, depending on your memory you may have to do that. I can keep pretty good track in my head.

There really is no easy way out, it all takes some degree of learning and work to lose weight, but its worth it

Rep Points

Useful info to start shedding immediately
    screw you guys