• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone have any ways to get rid of fruit flies?

Crono1000

Peelosopher
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This past week out of nowhere our apartment has just had an epidemic of fruit flies. We don't know where they came from. We take the trash out and do the dishes regularly. We keep all the animals' cages clean. There's no rotten fruit or food or anything out ever. But all of the sudden there is a swarm of fruit flies in the kitchen. I think they might be in our plumbing or something because there was also a dozen or so in the bathroom the other day, and none in the rooms between the bathroom and the kitchen. We put up fly paper and that's caught a lot, we've bought a carniverous plant and that's caught a few, and we even made a homemade banana-in-a-partly-sealed-glass trap that caught a grand total of one fruit fly. So does anyone have any other ways to fix the problem? The big thing is because of the pets and birds we can't use any kind of pesticide that could harm them.

You must find the source. Until their main food supply goes away, they're not.

Check the garbage disposal. We got fruit flies really bad in my house a year ago, turns out my sister had left a bowl of watermelon on the side of her bed when she elft for college. Grossest thing I've ever seen, but once we tossed the bowl it cleared up overnight.

Probably in your drain.

Do you leave bananas on your counter.

Fruit flies are really bad this time of year. But we have had a good frost, so they are no longer around.

Do you leave bananas on your counter.

we used to, but a while back once when we had what we thought was a lot of fruit flies (like, maybe a dozen) we started putting all of our fruit in tied bags to keep from having the very problem we now have

No bad fruits or veggies

Bleach down drain

Put out opened fruit overnight and sneak up on them with vacuum cleaner in the morning to collect the ones you have now.

Put out a cup of vinegar with a drop of liquid soap in it. The flies are attracted to the vinegar and think the can land on the liquid but since you put soap in the cup the surface tension is broken and they sink into a the vinegar.

If all else fails light your house on fire to get rid of them.

I'll add one more thing even though I shouldn't... to kill the ones you have you could put out cut open fruit(not citrus) overnight and instead of a vacuum... you sneak up on them with a spray can of hairspray and a lighter.

Theres this thing you can make that my family made, I forgot how to though. It was like a glass container with a bottleneck made out of mesh and then another layer of serran wrap with holes poked in it. You put opened fruit in the bottom, and the flies can get in but not out. Then you take the glass with all the bugs, go out on your back porch, and launch it.

IML Gear Cream!
Theres this thing you can make that my family made, I forgot how to though. It was like a glass container with a bottleneck made out of mesh and then another layer of serran wrap with holes poked in it. You put opened fruit in the bottom, and the flies can get in but not out. Then you take the glass with all the bugs, go out on your back porch, and launch it.

I tried this and it only caught one fly :(

You could move to the north pole.

Actually a couple of years ago I bought a whole case of peaches. I was dividing them up to give away to family and one rolled under the couch. A few days later they were everywhere. It took me another whole day to find the peach.

Damn fruit flies made me get a C in Biology. I hate em!

just plug up your drains with drain stoppers.

Neat Arizona story:
In Glendale (my new home from Chicago) the spray the sewers with roach killer and it kills thousands of roaches around the end of October...the rest crawl out of the sewers through storm drains and sewer outlets...the rest crawl out the way water goes in, like in YOUR drains.

Roaches crawl out of sink drains, bathtub drains, basement drains...pretty nasty. So we had to plug everything up for a month when it wasn't being used.:wacko:

Back