• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Space Heater

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a door in my room that leads outside and because of it, my room this winter has been almost unbearable to hang out in. I'm able to get a Space Heater for up to $50.00 free of charge (landlord will pay for it), does anybody have a clue as to what I should be looking for because I don't...

Any and all help is appreciated.

I don't know much about space heaters, but you may want to go down to Lowes or Home Depot to actually have a look. Some of them can get pretty expensive. I'm not sure $50 will get you that great of a space heater if your room is "unbearable to hang out in" right now. Ask your landlord if you can pay the difference if you find one you like >$50.

Make sure you get one with a tip sensor. Plus, the bigger the grill the better. If it's in your price range, get one with a fan.

oh, now that DOMS has mentioned it, I remember being told the space heaters with fans are the best ones. Some even rotate.

In the mean time, are you putting a towel or some sort of blocker across space below the door?

I am thinking about it, and your landlord may be violating some kind of law by renting that room. I am told this isn't too uncommon on college campuses. I forget who you can check with (it might be city hall), but there should be records kept of exactly which rooms your landlord is able to rent out.

A few years back, one of my roommates looked into this because his room was unbearably cold during the winter too, found that our landlord wasn't supposed to be able to rent out that room (I think it was an inspection issue), confronted the landlord, and nabbed himself a semester's of free rent.

I am thinking about it, and your landlord may be violating some kind of law by renting that room. I am told this isn't too uncommon on college campuses. I forget who you can check with (it might be city hall), but there should be records kept of exactly which rooms your landlord is able to rent out.

A few years back, one of my roommates looked into this because his room was unbearably cold during the winter too, found that our landlord wasn't supposed to be able to rent out that room (I think it was an inspection issue), confronted the landlord, and nabbed himself a semester's of free rent.

Sweet deal.

Oh yeah, a humidifier may also be a nice asset to have in the room so the air "retains" a warmer feel.

dont most colleges have some sort of off-campus housing requirements for landlords as well? mine does. they should have some office on campus that can help you figure out if your getting screwed

dont most colleges have some sort of off-campus housing requirements for landlords as well? mine does. they should have some office on campus that can help you figure out if your getting screwed
yes, actually I believe that was what I was referring to. Sorry for the improper wording (I meant we lived off campus, not on campus).

Technology

photoTechnology.jpg

The HEAT SURGE miracle heater is a work of engineering genius from the China coast, so advanced you simply plug it into any standard wall
photoSmallULCert.jpg
outlet. It uses less energy than it takes to run a coffee maker. Yet, it produces an amazing 5,119 BTU???s. An on-board Powerful hi-tech heat turbine silently forces hot air out into the room so you feel the bone soothing heat instantly. It even has certification of Underwriters Laboratories coveted UL listing and comes with a full year Money Back Guarantee.
These miracle fireplaces have what???s being called the ???Fireless Flame??? technology that gives you the peaceful flicker of a real fire but without
photoSmallLivingRoom.jpg
any flames, fumes, smells, ashes or mess. Everyone is getting them because they require no chimney and no vent. You just plug them in.
The Fireless Flame looks so real it fools everybody but there is no real fire. That makes it safe to the touch. It???s where the kids will play and the cat and dog will sleep.
UL.gif

You need some kinda fan if you dont' have a ceiling fan. All your heat will go to the ceiling if you don't have some kinda circulation, maybe put somethin up on a bookcase or dresser to move the air around. I know if I don't have my fan on it gets cold as hell when I'm on the couch, bed or somewhere near the floor.

How about Heat Surge?

photoHome.jpg

Technology

photoTechnology.jpg

The HEAT SURGE miracle heater is a work of engineering genius from the China coast, so advanced you simply plug it into any standard wall
photoSmallULCert.jpg
outlet.
UL.gif

"Amish" Fireplace Ad: Will these lower your heating bill?
Reported by: John Matarese
Email: jmatarese@wcpo.com
Last Update: 12/29 8:32 am

Remember the Amish fireplaces ads in newspapers last winter? Well, they're baaaack...but with a new twist or two this season.

Newspapers around the country are once again running an ad for the Heat Surge Electric Fireplace. The ad features a photo of hard working Amish people polishing the fireplaces.

It says by buying one, you get to take part in a "heating bill relief program" ...which sounds like a government rebate.

Reality check!

But despite what the ad implies, these are not made by the Amish: They're made in China. If you read the ad carefully, you realize that only the wood mantle is made by Amish craftsmen. Amish have nothing to do with the fireplace itself.

They're actually sold by a Canton, Ohio company that has an Unsatisfactory Better Business Bureau record due to a high number of complaints. (Click link above)

There's no government rebate on them. The "rebate" in the ad is really just a discount.

It's really a $250 electric space heater, with a fireplace appearance. Consumer Reports Magazine says you can buy an excellent space heater for less than $100, from companies like Honeywell.

And the US Department of Energy says heating your house with space heaters is more expensive than heating with natural gas. Space heaters will cut your bills only if you keep one room warm at a time, and the rest of your house at 50 or 60 degrees. Most families don't want to do that.

I should point out that the product appears to work as promised, according to a check of Better Business Bureau records. The complaint list does not include performance problems.

But decide if its really what you want, so you don't waste your money. I'm John Matarese.

The Chinese are not proud of this, and do not advertise it, but there are several large Amish communities thriving in China. Especially around Leading.

Wow, this is an old thread.

I no longer live in that dump.

Wow, this is an old thread.

I no longer live in that dump.

I just want to let people know that Min0 Lee no longer endorses that product.
Min0 Lee doesn't believe in promoting products that were made by minors using lead materials.

Last edited:
I understand, Min0 Lee.

IML Gear Cream!
When im cold i just set myself on fire :shrug:

Back