NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Serious Hernia Help

Rep Points

Serious Hernia Help

Has anyone on this site had an operation for a Hernia and still mangaged to Bodybuild.

I am gutted. I have been training hard and loving lifting weights, but I have developed a Hernia from lifting drill collars at work and have to get an operation.

The Doc says I will be out for 4 weeks. Does anyone have any advice on this. Will I be able to train again afterwards????

The pain just now is bearable, if an op means I cant lift then I dont think I will have it

I am starting to get real results and feel great but this problem is really getting me down. Any advice given would be gratefully accepted.

Rep Points

OOOO man !! That sounds painful. Sorry to here that. I don't have any experience with hernia's but I'm pretty sure you can come back to 100%. Listen to your doc !!

TJohn

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Have the operation...IT IS necessary! I don't see any reason why you can't lift again once recovered. You may also want to consult a "sports medicine" doc. They will have experience getting athletes back on track after hernias.

*NATURAL PRO BODYBUILDER
    *MONTHLY COLUMNIST FOR PLANET MUSCLE, NATURAL MUSCLE AND IRONMAN MAGAZINES
    *CEO OF BROSERBUILT.COM
    *PIONEER OF POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK AND FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING PROTOCOLS

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You should definately be able to come back. I've known at least 3 people who have had the surgery and came back to there regular/strenuous activities.

Just take your time and listen to the doc and rehab it correctly.
    "When I use the word intensity I mean the ability to continue past and through the pain barrier where your mind pleads to stop and in fact convinces your body that you have hit failure, but you push through. How far you push through that barrier is the level of intensity with which you train." -- Twin Peak

Rep Points

i just had the op on may first and im back to working out. i was out for 5 weeks. but once you come back and are fully recovered youll go back to being at the status you were at before.

Um......get rooted!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

But take it real easy in the begining.......five weeks is enough time to heal, but not really enough to strengthen the surronding areas.....I`d go real light for at least another 3 or 4 weeks before slowly increasing. You don`t want to end up back in hospital with another hernia in the same spot.