• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hats

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys, i need your opinions, thoughts, criticisms about two different ways of wearing a baseball hat. I posted two photos so you can see the difference and understand what i am talking about.

Pic 1 (guy furthest to left .. it was the best i could find)

Pic 2

I had a gift certificate card from Lids that i got for Christmas. I bought a Boston Redsox hat that looks like this .. New Era 2007 Authentic Collection hats at lids.com

My question to you is, i like it as it is when i wear my hat backwards (as show in pic 1) but does it make me look like a thug/fool/gangster-wannabe if i wear it that way? On the other hand, i like it curved when i wear it straight (as shown in pic 2) but i can't afford to have it both ways or otherwise i'll end up ruining the hat.

So, i was wondering what you guys think looks better? I don't want to come off as if i am trying to be a wigger and a thug if i wear it backwards if that's the perception the general public has. Be honest about it and help me out here.

Wear it the right way....not backward.

i'm not a guy but...

i hate baseball hats on guys. especially frontwards and curved because it always seems like the person is super shy and hiding. backwards and not bent to crap if at all. let's see those eyes and the confidence to not avoid looking the world in the eye.

i'm not a guy but...

i hate baseball hats on guys. especially frontwards and curved because it always seems like the person is super shy and hiding. backwards and not bent to crap if at all. let's see those eyes and the confidence to not avoid looking the world in the eye.

I get mixed opinions from girls on that issue as well. Some girls hate it when guys wear hats because of the same reason you said as well as the fact they like to see their hair but other girls love it when a guy has a hat on.

Also, can you explain what you meant (the sentence in bold). Did you mean that's your preference?

If your really worried about what people think you shouln't wear it backwards........I dont think the way you wear your hat will give you a reputation of a "wiger" or been "fake". if your been yourself and are comfortable then there is no problem IMO.

I'm curious to know why you think wearing it backwards is not the "right way"? In my opinion, some people look better when they wear it backwards.

If you are the decent guy I think you are, don't ruin it and look like a thug and wanna be gangster. If I see a guy wear one backward, even if he is a decent guy, it ruins my respect for him.

My brother got the exact same hat for Christmas. When he wears it frontwards (flat brimmed), I rag on him for trying to look like Jon Papelbon. When he wears it backwards, I rag on him for looking like every other black kid aged 16 to 25.

With that said, he wears it backwards, and if I received the hat as a gift, I'd wear it the same way.

This is the 21st century, wearing a hat completely straight is lame.

wearing a hat straight is cool too.......I just dont dig when people cover there whole forehead and almost their eyes, I dont see the point on that.

IML Gear Cream!
I've just found that people who wear hats completely forward, especially those who wear it the way you just mentioned, they're more often than not... dorky.

I hate not having the brim of my hats broken in (curved). I think the guys who wear a straight brim are fucking chumps.

I've just found that people who wear hats completely forward, especially those who wear it the way you just mentioned, they're more often than not... dorky.

yea and they buy the hat bigger so they can cover their forehead......you see a lot of those here in miami. fucking lame.

get a boston red sox knitted beanie. because knitted beanies are secksy and you don't have to worry about the visor issue.
or a hat like the one shown here in the upper-right corner

hat.jpg

it will make girls drool out of their crotch, and men will think "hmmm...he seems like a kind of flowery guy....but i wouldn't want him left in a room alone with my wife"

:thumb:

please at least bend the bill. I fucking hate seeing my friends keep their hats perfectly straight and then leave the sticker on the under side of the bill. They're all wanna be thugs and it drives me insane.

backwards and flat ull look muc better. BTW not only thugs wear it like that guidos do 2like the gottis

Why the fuck is this thread still going? It should have stopped immediately after danny's post. DO NOT WEAR IT BACKWARDS for the love of god!

get a boston red sox knitted beanie. because knitted beanies are secksy and you don't have to worry about the visor issue.
or a hat like the one shown here in the upper-right corner

hat.jpg

it will make girls drool out of their crotch, and men will think "hmmm...he seems like a kind of flowery guy....but i wouldn't want him left in a room alone with my wife"

:thumb:

Yeh, wear that hat if you want to look like a complete homo :thumb:

I'll admit that it all depends on the person. I honestly think that for the most part a hat looks better backwards, even if it is bent. Looks more like an accessory than a piece of a uniform when its backwards. But some guys just aren't meant to wear hats no matter how they do it, and no one should wear those billed tobogans or whatever they're called.

IML Gear Cream!
I reckon you should go for something a little different. Chicks will dig it. I heard somewhere that you should always try to wear one thing a bit outlandish in an outfit clothes wise, as it's that one thing that chicks will subtely notice therby creating interest in you.
438306.jpg

goorin_moretti-fedora_lrg.jpg

CPFEFRA1102Eblk_1_.jpg

AD15078blk_1_.jpg

Backwards or not, any hat that has a bill that is flat as a piece of plywood looks stupid. If you aren't going to bend it, just leave the stickers on it and also get a matching shirt, pants, and shoes. You might also get some platinum teeth, and some trashy looking tattoos.

lilwayne4.jpg

Lil-Wayne-tct02.jpg

If your really worried about what people think you shouln't wear it backwards........I dont think the way you wear your hat will give you a reputation of a "wiger" or been "fake". if your been yourself and are comfortable then there is no problem IMO.

I agree a 100%. Wearing a hat backwards says one of two things: you have lots of confidence, or you are a poser. You can easily figure out which the person is after a few minutes talking to them.

Wearing frontwards looks boring, imo. But, it was the accepted way for so long that you can't hold it against anyone for wearing it that way. There doesn't seem to be any character traits that can be guessed at when you wear it forward. I see people on all points of the spectrum and backgrounds wearing their hat this way.

If there is a fishhook in the hat, you know they fish, and there is a high probability that I would not have much in common with them. Again, I can typically figure this out after talking to them for a little while.

I owned one hat in my life. It was all black with an embroidered black fox racing logo, and I only wore it backwards. I only wore it when I was on drugs...I'm not even going to try and explain that.

I have a perfect head of hair, and my brother is almost totally bald. His classmates all wore hats all of the time, and they are all going bald. The few kids in my class that wore hats are going bald, and the ones that didn't seem to all have their hair. It could all be coincidence, but I believe there is a correlation. So, unless I am wearing a hardhat, or some other job related hat, I will not ever wear one again.

These are all just my silly ideas and opinions. Please don't read too much into them.

I agree a 100%. Wearing a hat backwards says one of two things: you have lots of confidence, or you are a poser. You can easily figure out which the person is after a few minutes talking to them.

Wearing frontwards looks boring, imo. But, it was the accepted way for so long that you can't hold it against anyone for wearing it that way. There doesn't seem to be any character traits that can be guessed at when you wear it forward. I see people on all points of the spectrum and backgrounds wearing their hat this way.

If there is a fishhook in the hat, you know they fish, and there is a high probability that I would not have much in common with them. Again, I can typically figure this out after talking to them for a little while.

I owned one hat in my life. It was all black with an embroidered black fox racing logo, and I only wore it backwards. I only wore it when I was on drugs...I'm not even going to try and explain that.

I have a perfect head of hair, and my brother is almost totally bald. His classmates all wore hats all of the time, and they are all going bald. The few kids in my class that wore hats are going bald, and the ones that didn't seem to all have their hair. It could all be coincidence, but I believe there is a correlation. So, unless I am wearing a hardhat, or some other job related hat, I will not ever wear one again.

These are all just my silly ideas and opinions. Please don't read too much into them.

That is quite an interesting correlation but it's utterly false. Major league baseball players play 162 games in a season and that means they wear hats year round. Some go bald, yes, but the majority of them still have hair even after 15-20 seasons under their belt. It's probably just a coincidence because all of your friends and/or people you know just happen to be the ones to have the baldness gene.

Just what i was afraid of, mixed reviews from several different people who come from different backgrounds. I guess i'll just try it both ways and see how people treat me in public.

I hate not having the brim of my hats broken in (curved). I think the guys who wear a straight brim are fucking chumps.

I'm a fucking chump then cause I wear my caps either backwards or frontwards with a straight brim or maybe slightly curved. I suck at bending them and I don't like to ruin 40.00 New Era caps from Lids. I guess it depends on your clothing style too.

backwards and flat ull look muc better. BTW not only thugs wear it like that guidos do 2like the gottis

So you could look like an unintelligent meathead or a prissy no-identity retard!

I agree with the consensus. If you're not gonna curve the brim, expect to be mistaken for a white rapper or Danny.

It depends on the hat for me though. I have a few adjustable hats that just can't be worn backwards, they look retarded. I have a fitted Eagles cap that looks silly worn "properly". I always wear it backwards.

Back