• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Supplement plan for gym comeback

Mags

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys.

I've been away from the gym for about five months now, due to a back injury. I started back yesterday and all went well. I'm not going to go 100% till my body's more accustomed to the training again. Therefore, I've structured a plan for supplementing my training over the next few months.

In the first month I'm going to rely purely on muscle memory and 4000 cals (usual 1.5g protein per lb body weight/high carbs/appropriate fats etc) a day (will bump that up when training intensifies).

After a month of getting back into the swing of things, I was going to start introducing some supps. Now, I have quite a few (everything is for a two-month supply): BCAAs, L-Glutamine, HMB, ZMA, Trib and Creatine.

Initially, I was going to start taking all of them (except the creatine) in the second month, but I wasn't sure if this would be too much, too soon.
With those supps. lasting two months, I was then going to add creatine to the lot in the third/fourth month.

So, overall, the plan was looking like this:

Month 1:

Just food (4000+ cals)

Month 2:

4000+ cals
BCAAs
L-Glutamine
HMB
ZMA+Trib

Month 3:

4500+ cals
BCAAs
L-Glutamine
HMB
ZMA+Trib
Creatine

Month 4:

4500 cals
Creatine

What do you guys think? Is this a bit of an overkill? Will muscle memory and a sufficient diet alone be enough to make gains over the first few months? If you have any suggestions, that'd be helpful.

Cheers.

Apologies, didn't realise I'd posted this thread twice - thought it hadn't loaded up properly. My bad.

Month 2:

4000+ cals
BCAAs
L-Glutamine
HMB
ZMA+Trib

Month 3:

4500+ cals
BCAAs
L-Glutamine
HMB
ZMA+Trib
Creatine

Month 4:

4500 cals
Creatine

no offense intended, but some of the supplements you chose really arent functional at all. Glutamine is a waste, ZMA doesnt boost test, but will help with sleep, HMB is a waste as is tribulous (libido booster).

BCAA's are good, but i prefer EAA's. i love carbs + eaa + creatine pre workout and carbs+ protein + creatine post workout. nutrient timing is finally getting its proper due.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I supplement 1000mg Cod Liver Oil, 3000mg Vit C, 3000mg Panothenic acid and 1000mg Glucosamine Sulphate.

Thanks for the feed back guys. Even though some of you may think the supps. listed above are ineffective, has anyone got an opinion on the principle of adding supps. and when etc.

Cheers.

I use VPX's CEX creatine - it gives me great pumps (they tend to last about half hour after I've left the gym) and has been effective each time I've used it (no, I'm not selling/promoting the stuff). I also have a whey and carb shake after training too.

Anyone got any views as to how and when I should implement using the other supps? Is a month too long/too short a time to train before adding the use of supps?

Cheers.

Back