Newbie Forum

Thread: Newbie Forum

Rep Points

Newbie Forum

I think a specific newbie forum would be very handy. Sometimes you see newbies who want comments on their advanced routine for instance. So you assume they're advanced and actually do more harm than good. It's also good to have a forum where people know that no question is too stupid. Those who don't want to answer apparently dumb questions can stay away from that forum. I think that would avoid quite a couple of misunderstandings. What do you think about that?
    December 30, 2007: Body Weight: 75.8 Kg / 174.3 lbs Body Fat Percentage: 21.9%
    Current (January 13, 2008): Body Weight 66,7 Kg / 147.2 lbs Body Fat Percentage: 5.8%

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If I understand you correctly, we would have a forum where the uninformed counsel the uninformed. There will always be "stupid questions". The problems arise when the asker can't be bothered to give honest background information and isn't willing to do independent research. Too many people want a quick fix and don't want to hear that their idea is not a good one. Thanks for the suggestion, XFatMan. It will be interesting to hear other views on this.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

I think a newbie forum would be great, they should post first in the "new members begin here" forum then the newbie forum. After that they should go to "Newbie party" forum then "newbie, am I still a newbie?" forum. After that they could be allowed in the main forums.

Rep Points

I asked for opinions, not sarcasm. But okay, forget it.
    Current (January 13, 2008): Body Weight 66,7 Kg / 147.2 lbs Body Fat Percentage: 5.8%

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by XFatMan View Post
    I asked for opinions, not sarcasm. But okay, forget it.
    I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think we are big enough to need to separate forums into newbies, or teens, 35+, etc. at this time. (those are other forum suggestions that have been made)

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think we are big enough to need to separate forums into newbies, or teens, 35+, etc. at this time. (those are other forum suggestions that have been made)
    OK, I understand. But almost 33,000 member = not big enough??? You are very humble.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

People will still post in the wrong forums anyway. More forums = more work for the mod team aswell.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    People will still post in the wrong forums anyway. More forums = more work for the mod team aswell.
    In that case, I'd find out why people are still posting in the wrong forums. If this is pretty frequently, then the forum descriptions are simply not clear enough.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by XFatMan View Post
    In that case, I'd find out why people are still posting in the wrong forums. If this is pretty frequently, then the forum descriptions are simply not clear enough.
    Well when theres a forum called "Supplements" and a forum called "Training" and somebody posts http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/tr...ght-forum.html im not sure how much clearer things should be.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Well when theres a forum called "Supplements" and a forum called "Training" and somebody posts http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/tr...ght-forum.html im not sure how much clearer things should be.
    Yeah, that's admittedly a bit gross.