• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Workout's AM and PM

Freedomfighter

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just quick question to throw out there,
recently been working out 2 big muscle groups in 1 day, soo for example I train Chest and Back on day 1, soo Chest in AM, and Back in PM, but.. I have whole meal before I hit the gym in the Am, then PWO shake, then meal , but... im not going over my calories but it seems like im eatting alot,
here it goes

5:30am, 2cups eggwhites, 1 cup oats,
8:30am ( 2 scoops of whey)
9:30 am 1cup fat-free c-cheese, 1 cup fiber1, 2tbsp blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1tbsp natty pb, 2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 fishcaps, 1 cup broccoli.
12:30pm lean cut steak or 1 cup E/lean ground beef , medium yam, 1 cup broccoli. 2 fish caps,
3:30pm PRE-Workout shake ( 2 scoops whey, 1/4cup mixed nuts)
5:30pm : 1 cup oats or medium yam, 2cups eggwhites or 2 chicken tits, and 1 cup broccoli.
8:30Pm: 2 scoops Casein protein.

Now I used to follow this

7Am: eggwhites / oats,
10pm: shake
12pm: 2 chiicken tits or steak and medium yam, 1 cup broccoli,
3:pm shake
5pm : 2 chicken tits, medium yam, 1 cup broccoli ( Pre-Workout)
8:30: roughly 60grams of protein from codfish, 1 cup b-rice, 1 cup broccoli.
11:30 pm: 2 scoops casien

I'm 6", 225lbs, the second one worked very well for me cutting, but also I was doing AM Fasted cardio 5 times a week,. Now I'm just training weights in splits AM/PM, Anywhoo just wanted too see what your guys view points are on this cause you knows how it is, no matter how much information or knowledge you know, your always conprehending yourself.
Thanks
MArk

Don't break your workouts into two parts. There are plenty of studies that have been posted about the scientific reasons for why you shouldn't. I'll see if I can find some of them. Basicaly, you should train with high in intensity, get all your training done in one sitting, and try to keep the workout under an hour.

Wow, really???, I've deisgned new program... it is as follows..

Monday > Chest and Back ( Heavy)
Tuesday > Legs (Heavy)
Wednesday > off
Thursday > Lactate - Inducing workout ( 20mins), then followed by 30 mins of Low intensity
Friday > Arms & Shoulders ( Heavy)
saturday > Lactate - Inducing workout ( 20mins), then followed by 30 mins of Low intensity
Sunday > off

And well where there big workouts, I decided to split them up AM/PM, only because when I goto Train both these muscles, I want to work them, and work them hard... and by that I mean.. 4~5 Exercises for both, with 3 warm-up sets, and 3 working sets.. So it would be hard to doo both of them in one sitting no?,
So there is theory behind this?, and you also think its a bad idea??

Seems pretty low calorie. Aren't you hungry? What is fiber1?

Add's up to 3000cals roughly, and fiber1 is a brand cereal, 12g's of fiber in 1 serving (1/2 cup), 0 sugar.

And I dont feel hungry, but maybe I am starving myself who knows, but It worked before. Don't know what to do

BTW Pirate whats your views / Insite on the Am workouts and PM workouts? in one day.

I think weight training twice a day is overly taxing on the CNS for over 90% of people. Of course, intensity, duration and a host of other factors come into play. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but a handful of pro body builders have pulled it off quite well. Of course, they are always the exception to the rule.

Your diet is decent. What meal is postwork?

I understand where yor comming from totally, But I guess like everything Triall -n- Error, maybe it'll work for me, maybe not??, but i just dont like to do 2 exercises for each group you know?. But yea my diet is pretty clean. My Post workout meal #1 is 8:30am, 2 scoops of whey, then its a whole meal source with high GI fiber at 9:30am , ( Fat-free C-cheese,m Brand Flakes, berries , yogurt etc)
Then 5:30Pm postworkout is a whole meal source. but was going to add 2scoops of whey shake , then eat the whole meal 1hr later.
Thanks
Mark

hi i also have a question about working out 2 times a day. on my back and biceps day the first thing i do is deadlifts. but sometimes i feel a little sick after the deadlifts. in fact i have puked up twice before, after doing deadlifts.
so if i do feel sick after doing deadlifts i stop the workout because i dont feel i can preform the rest of the exercises as well as usaly, i then finish the rest of the exercises 4-5 hours later is this ok to do.

hi i also have a question about working out 2 times a day. on my back and biceps day the first thing i do is deadlifts. but sometimes i feel a little sick after the deadlifts. in fact i have puked up twice before, after doing deadlifts.
so if i do feel sick after doing deadlifts i stop the workout because i dont feel i can preform the rest of the exercises as well as usaly, i then finish the rest of the exercises 4-5 hours later is this ok to do.

Its fine to do I guess, but it is not optimal. I read at least 3 good articles about this, but I can't find any of them. Pfunk posted two of them. Maybe we can get him to locate them.

IML Gear Cream!

Puking from deadlifts? man thats intense, what do you eat pre workout?

I've heard of people working out so hard that they throw up, I felt a little sick the first couple of times when I was a noob, but I havent had that problem in a long time.... never puked though

I train am/pm as well. I really like it. As long as I keep my cals very clean, I can pretty much eat as much as I want. I find it very affective. You are right though, some days I just feel drained, those days I will just take them off. No big deal, when your hitting muscle groups 3 times a week, one day isnt going to slow you down too much. Well I guess this style of training is pretty old school. Most people dont like am/pm workouts because they are absolutely right, it takes a lot out of you. I think it is worth it though. I train hypertrophic though, I wouldn't want to do this frequency when training for power.... not nearly enough time for tendons to repair themselves. I havent read any negative studies on this style of training, I have read studies on the gh optimization from such methods though. Dont ask for sources, I dont keep track. I got my original idea to train like this from articles I read on sicilian and german volume training. I def dont recommend this type of training to everyone, but if you can keep your diet and rest in check it is very good. Lethargy can be killer though. I would recomend reading up on both sicilian and german volume training though. It should def give you some great ideas how to improve your own workouts, if nothing else. I think so much emphasis is put on not over-training now that most of us undertrain 90% of the time. Besides when I am in the gym, I am pretty much just sitting around all day. Most people are in the same boat nowadays. anyways, just something to think about.

Back