• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

"Give me something to read I will give you something to read" thread

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So in this thread we are going to use Project Gutenberg. Since it has free and legal ebooks. :)

You choose a person and give him a book to read and he will do the same thing for you. The catalog has almost 20000 books. You can also use Librivox for free audiobooks.

Well I choose Manic, I dont know if you already read this Manic but it is pretty good.
I think you will like it.

Read!

:bounce:

So in this thread we are going to use Project Gutenberg. Since it has free and legal ebooks. :)

You choose a person and give him a book to read and he will do the same thing for you. The catalog has almost 20000 books. You can also use Librivox for free audiobooks.

Well I choose Manic, I dont know if you already read this Manic but it is pretty good.
I think you will like it.

Read!

:bounce:
Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - Project Gutenberg

and LibriVox » The Twilight of the Idols by Friedrich Nietzsche

DL this:http://www.torrentreactor.net/view.php?id=112828
Also check out
Simulacra_and_Simulation_.jpg

And have you seen Science of Sleep yet?

I saw science of sleep a few months ago, I really liked it. I already read Metamorphosis but I will see this Nietzsche book. I never heard of it, well the philosopher yes but I only read one book made by him and it was years ago. I dont remember a lot because it was a very difficult book.

Baudrillard, I dont know anything about it. Is it very good?

Baudrillard, I dont know anything about it. Is it very good?
Is it good? Jean Baudrillard- Two Essays ("Simulacra and Science Fiction" and "Ballard's Crash")

"the term hyperreality characterizes the inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy, especially in technologically advanced postmodern cultures. Hyperreality is a means to characterise the way consciousness defines what is actually "real" in a world where a multitude of media can radically shape and filter the original event or experience being depicted. Some famous theorists of hyperreality include Jean Baudrillard, Albert Borgmann, Daniel Boorstin, and Umberto Eco. Most aspects of hyperreality can be thought of as "reality by proxy." "

"Baudrillard in particular suggests that the world we live in has been replaced by a copy world, where we seek simulated stimuli and nothing more. Baudrillard borrows, from Jorge Luis Borges (who already borrowed from Lewis Carroll), the example of a society whose cartographers create a map so detailed that it covers the very things it was designed to represent. When the empire declines, the map fades into the landscape and there is neither the representation nor the real remaining â?????? just the hyperreal.
Baudrillard's idea of hyperreality was heavily influenced by phenomenology, semiotics, and Marshall McLuhan."

From JG Ballards 'Crash' ( great book, decent movie) ((Not the racial one but the car crash one))
As the car traveled for the first time at twenty miles an hour Vaughan drew his fingers from the girl's vulva and anus, rotated his hips and inserted his penis in her vagina. Headlamps flared above us as the stream of cars moved up the slope of the overpass. In the rear-view mirror I could still see Vaughan and the girl, their bodies lit by the car behind, reflected in the black trunk of the Lincoln and a hundred points of the interior trim. In the chromium ashtray I saw the girl's left breast and erect nipple. In the vinyl window gutter I saw deformed sections of Vaughan's thighs and her abdomen forming a bizarre anatomical junction. Vaughan lifted the young woman astride him, his penis entering her vagina again. In a triptych of images reflected in the speedometer, the clock and the revolution counter, the sexual act between Vaughan and this young woman took place in the hooded grottoes of these luminescent dials, moderated by the surging needle of the speedometer....As I propelled the car at fifty miles an hour along the open deck of the overpass Vaughan arched his back and lifted the young woman into the full glare of the headlamps behind us. Her sharp breasts flashed within the chromium and glass cage of the speeding car. Vaughan's strong pelvic spasms coincided with the thudding passage of the lamp standards anchored in the overpass at hundred-yard intervals. As each one approached his hips kicked into the girl, driving his penis into her vagina, his hands splaying her buttocks to reveal her anus as the yellow light filled the car. (§15:143)

Back