• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Digestive Enzymes

FREEWAIT

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone using enzymes?There is ones for protein and fat.I am curious as to if this would help with Protein and gut problems.

This reminds me of an ol joke.....How do ya tell the difference tween a enzyme anda hormone?

Ya cant hear an enzyme !.....:D

I wouldn't think that your body would have any problems breaking down the protein powder. Your body's enzymes work very fast and efficiently(enzymes are never used up, constantly working). The lack of fiber with the shake could def. upset your gut. Lactose in milk is an entirely different issue where many peoples bodys lack the enzymes to break down the sugars in milk. If this is upsetting your stomach buying milk w. enzymes already in it(readily available @ grocerys tore) could be an option. However the lactose will be broken pre-broken down into its monomers by the time you drink it so you will get more of a sugar rush/insulin spike (which could be good after workouts I suppose).

do you have digestive problems?

I dont think i have digestive problems but when i do protein it definately gives me problems,for sumtimes days not hours,i think the acid in my gut kicks up after doing protein,i have tried several isolates,they all seem to do it.
Help would be very much appreciated!

I don't recommend soy, use egg and casein.

Casein comes from milk doesnt it? which makes me think of the close relationship between whey and caseinate.

When i use syntha 6 which has all of em,it kills me...I tried a different one that doesnt have that splenda crap in it,i am trying Designer whey vanilla that has sum sugar and Stevia,but yesterday i had sum problems with it also,this sucks and it is getting expensive jumpin around trying diffeent products.

IML Gear Cream!
Casein comes from milk doesnt it? which makes me think of the close relationship between whey and caseinate.

When i use syntha 6 which has all of em,it kills me...I tried a different one that doesnt have that splenda crap in it,i am trying Designer whey vanilla that has sum sugar and Stevia,but yesterday i had sum problems with it also,this sucks and it is getting expensive jumpin around trying diffeent products.

then go with straight egg protein.

Yes they are related in that they both are derived from milk. Sometimes you get lucky and only have a reaction to the whey fraction.

Try cottage cheese and see if you have a reaction to it. Cottage cheese is inexpensive and comes in small quantites (so you can test your sensitivity, many people who can't have cow's milk, CAN have cottage cheese without problems). This will give you an idea if you can drop cash on caseinate.

Note that there is a difference between an allergy and lactose intolerance.

A food allergy involves an adverse reaction to a food type.
Lactose intolerance is a condition involving a hypersensitivity to lactose and an underproduction of lactase (the enzyme that breaks down lactose).

Lactose intolerant people can take enzymes to help breakdown milk sugars or avoid milk and milk products.
Allergic people need to avoid milk's proteins, period.

Regardless of what the supplement companies want you to believe. Little trumps the egg in terms of protein quality.

Like Prince said...the solution is simple....keep it to egg protein, chicken, beef and fish and other furry woodland creatures.
Soy is a personal decision...there's a lot of literature for and against (more against if you're a guy). It's an okay once in a while....but BV of soy is pretty low when compared to other proteins. You're just not getting as much bang for the buck, that's all.

Also, Don't focus on one particular protein either....protein blends (whey, casein, egg) are gaining ground.
ie: Nitrean, Profusion, Protein Plus, Optimum Pro Complex etc...

Mix up your proteins as well to get a complete amino profile.

Yes they are related in that they both are derived from milk. Sometimes you get lucky and only have a reaction to the whey fraction.

Try cottage cheese and see if you have a reaction to it. Cottage cheese is inexpensive and comes in small quantites (so you can test your sensitivity, many people who can't have cow's milk, CAN have cottage cheese without problems). This will give you an idea if you can drop cash on caseinate.

Note that there is a difference between an allergy and lactose intolerance.

A food allergy involves an adverse reaction to a food type.
Lactose intolerance is a condition involving a hypersensitivity to lactose and an underproduction of lactase (the enzyme that breaks down lactose).

Lactose intolerant people can take enzymes to help breakdown milk sugars or avoid milk and milk products.
Allergic people need to avoid milk's proteins, period.

Regardless of what the supplement companies want you to believe. Little trumps the egg in terms of protein quality.

Like Prince said...the solution is simple....keep it to egg protein, chicken, beef and fish and other furry woodland creatures.
Soy is a personal decision...there's a lot of literature for and against (more against if you're a guy). It's an okay once in a while....but BV of soy is pretty low when compared to other proteins. You're just not getting as much bang for the buck, that's all.

Thanx for the reply,cottage cheese doesnt bother me,i use it without poblems,i dont think iam lactose intolerant,i guess i have concerns about the processing of eggs into protein because of a chance of saminila contamination,what is a good product for egg protein sup.?

what is a good product for egg protein sup.?

Egg_Carton.jpg

fried
sunny side
over easy
over hard
omelette's
frittata
scrambled
hard boiled
poached
quiche

I started lifting seriously almost 16 years ago. In that time I've religiously had three protein shakes every day. The base liquid in my shakes vary from day to day, but they all contain two WHOLE eggs and about 40 grams of protein powder. I've never once had a problem with a bad egg. Lucky? Maybe. But until somebody shows me a legitimate cause for concern over Salmonella, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

P.S. I don't buy into the cholesterol panic, but my total cholesterol gets checked twice a month and I've never been over 190.

Egg_Carton.jpg

fried
sunny side
over easy
over hard
omelette's
frittata
scrambled
hard boiled
poached
quiche

Time Out...Time Out! i was refurin to a supplement in a jar,not fresh henfruit