How easily do you get offended?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Angry How easily do you get offended?

I kind of get offended easily, but sometimes I dont. It really depends on the mood of the day.

I must say though, the times I do get offended easily, I look back and say "damn, I was a cry baby whiny bitch." Comparitively, when I shrug shit off, i look back and say "damn, that shit didnt offend me? Hah!"

Heres a real time example..

Yesterday I was a bit touchy. Anyone couldve made me mad or sad with any given comment. I felt helpless really.

Today I feel great. Fucking no one can touch me.

Not to compare myself to Dexter Morgan, but this feels helluva lot better than when I am sensitive. Not to mention, people around me like it alot more and Id agree when the shoe is on the other foot.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

pappy

Rep Points

I don't get offended easily because often the poeple who try and call me down are going nowhere in life. Like for example, this one girl got upset because me and her present boyfriend used to be really good friends and she got jealous. So she tried calling me fat and that she was going to kill me and all this other dumb shit, meanwhile, she's pregnant and working at a fucking orange julius.

I do get offended when guys say mean things abotu me, especially ones who I'm good friends with. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it really hurts. But if a stupid girl says it, fuck if i care.
    You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Hey fuck you scumbag.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

SAY IT TO MY FACE!

6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DontStop View Post
    I don't get offended easily because often the poeple who try and call me down are going nowhere in life. Like for example, this one girl got upset because me and her present boyfriend used to be really good friends and she got jealous. So she tried calling me fat and that she was going to kill me and all this other dumb shit, meanwhile, she's pregnant and working at a fucking orange julius.
    It certainly does put things into perspective when you consider the source. It renders the attacker worthless.

However..

None of us know Brittney Spears nor are we as wealthy, but we can all make pretty close to reality judgements on her regardless of our social status. Then again, thats not the question. The question is do you get offended. She prolly does, but then shrugs it off cuz of who the public is to her. We could be correct, but if shes not offended, how effective are the verbal slurs?

I do get offended when guys say mean things abotu me, especially ones who I'm good friends with. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it really hurts.

I might be afraid to ask, but whats the difference?
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Yuppie

Rep Points

I don't get offended easily because often the poeple who try and call me down are going nowhere in life.
    This is a good way to look at things. I find that those who are the type to look for trouble without any reasonable justification almost always seem to those who are in a shitty place and will likely stay there for a while.

When thinking back to high school, a lot of the arrogant jerks and bullies have now either changed drastically in personality and brashness, or have been constricted to working at convenient stores and fast food joints in our home towns.

As for myself, I don't get offended that easily on the most part, though I admit, very ignorant comments and sometimes racial comments can set me off (but usually into a discussion for the first; the latter sometimes leads to trouble when they are geared towards me). Most times, I just choose to ignore it, since it almost always is not worth my time.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Offended? Not very easily at all. I dont care what people want to say about me, as long as i know they're full of shit. If what they're saying is true, then thats who i am for better or for worse so why be offended by it?

If somebody close to me takes a dig, like a good friend or family member or something, then i get more angry/hurt than offended but i guess its kinda the same thing.

Basically, like has been said already - it depends on the source.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    She prolly does, but then shrugs it off cuz of who the public is to her. We could be correct, but if shes not offended, how effective are the verbal slurs?
    That begs the question. What is your goal for saying what you say? I, personally, don't really take serious shots at anyone but given my laid back, unoffendable (yes, i just made that word up) personality i may sometimes cross the line with people and offend them. One time i was telling Jew jokes around a crowd of people, some i knew well, others not so well. Well this one girl who i never really spoke to or anything, i found out later, was really angry with me and thought i was a dickhead...I'm Jewish mind you (only by birth btw, not belief) so i believe if i want to make fun of my own people i should be able to geez. Now to me that is just funny, but people might get offended by hearing stuff like that, even though my intention was just a smile or laugh.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Yuppie

Rep Points

I agree that it depends on the source, but I think Akira's original question was really how offended you get by comments made by people you don't really know, since I imagine everyone has a much higher tolerance level for their friends.

pappy

Rep Points

To answer your question Akira, when girls try to offend another girl, it's usually out of spite, jealousy, or are trying to impress everyone. Usually they have silly motives
    You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Guy's motives are even simpler. We just wanna stick our peckers in you.

Rep Points

depends.if someone call me stupi idc but if they call me pusy i get mad really ez

Amor Fati

Rep Points

What if they called you a stupid pussy...do the two cancel each other out and your brain goes into safe mode resulting in a blank stare emanating from your idiotic face?

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KentDog View Post
    I agree that it depends on the source, but I think Akira's original question was really how offended you get by comments made by people you don't really know, since I imagine everyone has a much higher tolerance level for their friends.
    I mean offended, period. Anyone and everyone. If you get offended, despite the source, how do you deal with it? To you get steamed fast or slow?
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

flawless

Rep Points

I'm offended by this thread

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

all of you fuckers offend me!

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    all of you fuckers offend me!
    I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

I don't get offended easily, but I can get sensitive about things I really shouldn't get sensitive about at times which sucks because I can't help it, it's just my natural reaction.
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The stem of this thread comes from watching an argument transpire on another forum about MMA. People get so sensitive with this shit when they dont even know the fighters.

Id have to say these kind of people get offended easily when something doesnt go their way or cant handle disagreements well. This might be the ONLY time they get offended, but in a sense, Id say they get offended easily.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Elite Matador member

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by soxmuscle View Post
    I don't get offended easily, but I can get sensitive about things I really shouldn't get sensitive about at times which sucks because I can't help it, it's just my natural reaction.
    Been sensative for a guy sucks, many people will take it as a weakness espcially females. No girl wants another girl around as a bf IMO. unless she really loves you 100 percent.Im also a sensative fuck since little but I've learned to kinda control that feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I must say though, I want to laugh every time someone gets mad. I find anger so humorous. Especially when shit gets broken. I am a victim of my own crime too, but I laugh my ass off about it later. Then again, this isnt 100% of the time. Sometimes I feel lousy, as previously mentioned.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

grrrrrr

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KentDog View Post
    This is a good way to look at things. I find that those who are the type to look for trouble without any reasonable justification almost always seem to those who are in a shitty place and will likely stay there for a while.....

I agree with KentDog ^^^

I think it's important to look at the MOTIVE of the person speaking.

On occasion there's a grain of truth to what's spoken. Keep things in perspective.

I'm not easily offened. Especially for a female. I'm in a good spot with myself...others don't rattle me. Besides, I'm too busy to worry about the small stuff.
    Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.
    ~Anais Nin

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

rarely. it takes a lot to offend me. usually i am more the one doing the offending.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

very easily. I don't know if I can take it anymore.

Rep Points

Since I tend to inspire some negativity in people (via humorous anecdotes regarding their appearance, sexual orientation, nambla affiliation, etc.) on a daily basis, I tend to disregard their...um...feedback.

But when it's someone who's opinion actually matters to me (like my wife or my dog), then I take it a bit more seriously. Still, it's pretty tough to offend me.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HialeahChico305 View Post
    Been sensative for a guy sucks, many people will take it as a weakness espcially females. No girl wants another girl around as a bf IMO. unless she really loves you 100 percent.Im also a sensative fuck since little but I've learned to kinda control that feeling.
    I'm far from sensitive, believe me. It's hard to explain.

I'm trying to think of an example...
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

To tell you the truth, when my friends and family offend me, I kind of ignore it. Every so often Ill slip, but when people piss and moan so much, you tend to just leave shit alone. My mom is a great example. Before I left home, she used to say some wicked shit to me, but I eventually just responded with "yeah yeah." Though I know WHY she said things a certain way now, I ended up just being used to it, therefore, became repetitive.

However..

When certain people dont lash out often, yeah, it throws me through a loop cuz its a surprise; I am caught off guard. Now, in that surprised state, thats when I would know how easily I get offended, cuz its fresh.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Squat 370
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

flawless

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by soxmuscle View Post
    I'm far from sensitive, believe me. It's hard to explain.

I'm trying to think of an example...
    You're small, chump.

Registered Offender

Rep Points

<----Graduate of the Dexter Morgan school of wondering when is the right time feel emotions.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    Still, it's pretty tough to offend me.
    I had sex with your dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast