NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

db shoulder press question

Rep Points

db shoulder press question

when doing dumbbell shoulder press is it better to have back support or just do it sitting down on the bench?i find i cheat a little bit when i hav back support but if i dont i do them more strict.of course without back support i use less weight

Cleaner

Rep Points

The more I lean back the more weight I can do, I don't lean back. A 90 degree back support that keeps you from leaning back could be good for your shoulder growth and could keep you from hurting your back, if you have the habit of leaning back just to get more pounds up, IMHO. Is your back support 90 degrees and is your butt and back tight to the support?? If it is for me this would make it harder to cheat so for me I don't get what you are saying/asking.

Rep Points

If you have back support you are likely to be able to do more weight because your body doesn't have to stabilize yourself as much. I would recommend doing standing OH presses to help build your core strength. Sure you'll have to lower the weight a little but you'll make great overall strength gains. However, don't be afraid to switch things up and do some seated presses as well.

Succinct
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Standing is more functional, but most bodybuilders don't care and they have crappy form so they rightfully do sitting.