NapsGear.net

Am i overdoing it???

Rep Points

Am i overdoing it???

im currently doing a full body 3 days per week mon/wed/fri

i cycle to and from work, 5k each way, coming in its downhill coming home its extrem uphill!

and ive gone back to football recently, tuesdays and thursdays, with a match on a sunday! the training basically consists of sprint drills, ball work and shitloads of press ups and sit ups at the end!

Do you guys think i should reduce my lifting days to mon/fri?? or maybe split it up so im not doing my legs until the friday?? because my legs have been feeling shot from the tues and thursday sessions, and then the cycle is taking it outa them too, so the thoughts of legwork on my full body 3 days a week aint very appealing and i dont want to injure myself!

any feedback would be much appreciated

Training like a bitch

Rep Points

What are your goals, bro? Is your diet any good?
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Do you feel you need to cut back on lifting?

Do you feel any of the symptoms of overtraining?

Only you know the limits of what you can handle, what one person finds impossible another person might laugh at.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

thanks for the help, my diet is pretty much spot on, i can list it if you like! my goals are to get faster, stronger and have more endurance, i feel ok doing my 3 day full body workouts, but i feel like im on the edge as such, would i still see the same sort of benefit from 2 days a week?? as the more i think about it, a midweek rest day just seems to make sense! if i dont do this i was thinking of a split with legs on friday! as i feel like they are the only part getting over trained!! help much appreciated gents!

is divorced and not drnkn
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

if you want to get faster lifting is not always the best way to go when i used to fight i would train with 10lbs in my gloves and hit the punching bag for twenty walk a couple miles with a 45lbs wieght vest. while walking i would do short sprints to help pick things up depends on what kind of speed you are looking for. also what area lifting is great for strentgh and muscular endurance. so it really depends on your total over all goal. also like gazhole said you are the only one that can know your limits just listen to your body it will tell you what you can handle and what you cant