Being sick delaying recovery times?

Rep Points

Being sick delaying recovery times?

I'm recovering from a bad stomach flu, and have a bad cold as well. I noticed today that I was out of breath many times during my workout, which never happens at all when theres nothing wrong with me. I also noticed that when I was doing the incline bench, I had about 165lbs and after doing 3, I felt a little tired. After waiting a few minutes, I was able to reach 5 which was my goal. Is this just the cold doing this to me and not anything thats serious?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

you shouldnt be at the gym when your sick, your bodys immune system is already trying to fight something off.. the stress from working out is not good for you when sick.

plus you could get other people sick..
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
    you shouldnt be at the gym when your sick, your bodys immune system is already trying to fight something off.. the stress from working out is not good for you when sick.

plus you could get other people sick..

The body's reaction to inflammation and mechanical damage is, in some ways, like the its reaction to foreign organisms. IE microbacteria/viruses etc. Your body has limited resources to deal with the stresses put on it. If you have multiple organ systems dealing with the destruction and clean up of foreign bodies in one area of the body, and you introduce a new stress on the body in the form of mechanical and biochemical damage in a completely different part of the body there will have to be a compromise between the two stimuli. Its common sense, if you are somewhat into medicine/physiology. The old adage of 'sweat it out,' is, simply, not true.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Get out of the gym, and get back home and rest up. Dont be an idiot, i dont care what some morons say - sometimes its fine, and even NECESSARY, to miss a workout.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.