• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Being sick delaying recovery times?

ecwholic

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm recovering from a bad stomach flu, and have a bad cold as well. I noticed today that I was out of breath many times during my workout, which never happens at all when theres nothing wrong with me. I also noticed that when I was doing the incline bench, I had about 165lbs and after doing 3, I felt a little tired. After waiting a few minutes, I was able to reach 5 which was my goal. Is this just the cold doing this to me and not anything thats serious?

you shouldnt be at the gym when your sick, your bodys immune system is already trying to fight something off.. the stress from working out is not good for you when sick.

plus you could get other people sick.. :rolleyes:

you shouldnt be at the gym when your sick, your bodys immune system is already trying to fight something off.. the stress from working out is not good for you when sick.

plus you could get other people sick.. :rolleyes:

:thumb:

The body's reaction to inflammation and mechanical damage is, in some ways, like the its reaction to foreign organisms. IE microbacteria/viruses etc. Your body has limited resources to deal with the stresses put on it. If you have multiple organ systems dealing with the destruction and clean up of foreign bodies in one area of the body, and you introduce a new stress on the body in the form of mechanical and biochemical damage in a completely different part of the body there will have to be a compromise between the two stimuli. Its common sense, if you are somewhat into medicine/physiology. The old adage of 'sweat it out,' is, simply, not true.

Get out of the gym, and get back home and rest up. Dont be an idiot, i dont care what some morons say - sometimes its fine, and even NECESSARY, to miss a workout.

Back