• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chest and back on the same day???

Bradicallyman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I normally lift three days a week (push, pull, legs/mon, wed, fri) but this week I was so busy with finishing my senior project and worrying about whether or not I am going to graduate at the end of this month that I could not get my ass into the gym. I was going to lift today but I ended up playing pick up games of basketball for too long.

Since I missed monday and wednesday, and I will be gone all day tomorrow, would it be ok to do my entire push and pull workouts all on friday? Or should I lower the amount of movements I do and treat it as a full body workout day and resume my routine next week?

The reason is I will only be able to get to the gym two days this week and one of them is going to be dedicated to my lower body.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sometimes you have to IMPROVISE OVERCOME AND ADAPT (Didn't Clint Eastwood say that? :hmmm:. If you miss a day here and there, no biggie. We all do it from time to time and as you say you can just work in the body groups that you missed on an alternate day. As long as you don't work the same muscle groups consecutively, you should be fine... :thumb:

thanks for the quick reply! So it would be ok if I did my entire push AND pull routine at the same time. I realize I can work groups into alternate days, I was just making sure that doing them on the same days wouldn't be too much since I would be training two big muscle groups (chest and back)

Depends on what you might be doing on your push/pull days. You can combine a push/pull day into an upper day, just make sure its balanced between push and pull, hit all planes of motion and keep it realistic. If you do 20 sets per workout, don't do 40 sets in that combination day. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, unless you're like an elite olympic level lifter or something.

On chest/tri days I usually do flat, incline, dips, close grip bench, and tricep extensions. So 15 sets

On back/bi days I usually do pulldowns, chinups, cable rows, db bent over rows, lower back extensions, hammer curls so 18 sets

Maybe I'll cut out a few things since I am going to resume my regular routine starting with ches/tris on monday. Now that I think about it, doing all of that in one day would be exhausting

I do just fine with upper and lower. I get all upper twice most weeks and all lower twice most weeks. That's twice what you get.

Uppers is...

shoulder press and weighted pull ups (superset)

deadlifts (NOT superset)

bench and rowing (superset)

Pullovers and weighted dips (superset)

So it's not the end of the World to do upper in one day/hour ....WTF...... MY FUCKING GOD?

I don't juice and am old by most peoples clocks so if I can do it you can.

For this week rather than fitting two workouts into one day, just leave them out and do your leg session. Move on, they were just two workouts. No use crying over spilt milk.

Back