clean bulk maintaining bf%

Rep Points

clean bulk maintaining bf%

how much lbs a week should i be gaining to know if i am gaining muscle not fat?i dont care if progress is slow just want to be lean year round while putting on weight at the same time.is 1-2 lbs a month too slow for a clean bulk?

Training like a bitch

Rep Points

You will gain some fat on a bulk. IMO you should gain a pound a week, everybody is different.
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

To be honest rather than trying to do a slow bulk like that, I think you should do a bulk/cut cycle but with shorter timings. So instead of bulking for months, bulk for 1 month, cut for 1 month, etc. Do make sure to throw a couple of maintenance weeks in there every few months to give your body a rest.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

I would like to see what a guy who runs 5000 calorie plus bulking diet looks like, it certainly could be clean.

Yuppie

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by amadorian View Post
    I would like to see what a guy who runs 5000 calorie plus bulking diet looks like, it certainly could be clean.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by amadorian View Post

What I mean is I tried to eat over 5000 calories and it is very diffucult especially if you are eating whole grains as the fiber content fills you up. I was choking down all my meals just to get this in. I haven't seen anyones diet that goes above this that is clean. I was hoping someone would post one of there sample diets.

Rep Points

you definately can stay lean while bulking you just have to make sure ur taking in alot of foods low on the glycemic index throughout the day and foods higher on the GI post workout to get that insulin level back up and make sure your burning a good amount of those cals. 2500 calories a day should gain you around 1 pound of lean muscle a week if training properly

Lexen Xtreme

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Magbile19 View Post
    you definately can stay lean while bulking you just have to make sure ur taking in alot of foods low on the glycemic index throughout the day and foods higher on the GI post workout to get that insulin level back up and make sure your burning a good amount of those cals. 2500 calories a day should gain you around 1 pound of lean muscle a week if training properly
    I hope that's a joke, I'd lose weight on that. It depends on the person, their metabolism, age, and what size they currently are etc... You can't just blatantly say someone will gain 1 pound a week on 2500 calories...

Rep Points

2500 calories is the equivalent to a pound of lean muscle...i am not saying take in 2500 calories a day that would be rediculously low for many people im saying a surpluss of at least 2500 calories a day will yield to about 1 pound of lean muscle mass a week...staying lean from there is up to you and watching your calorie intake compared to calories burnt per day

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Oh really, 1lb per week? You should be Olympia level in about 2 years flat then!

A surplus of 2500 calories per day will get you nothing but a flabby ass.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?