• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I want to change my chest workout, help?

RasPlasch

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing the same routine for awhile now. Im getting sick of it and I want to change it up. My chest routine goes like this.

Benchpess
DB Chest Press
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers

Could anyone help out and switch up my routine a little?

I have been doing the same routine for awhile now. Im getting sick of it and I want to change it up. My chest routine goes like this.

Benchpess
DB Chest Press
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers

Here's a couple of alternative things you could throw in..

Try weighted dips, leaning forward to hit the chest.
Weighted push ups and explosive plyo pushups.
Pullovers with a DB.
Round the worlds. (Lie on back with DB's in each hand just above groin and circle them out wide like making a snow angel, to final position arms raised out behind head)
Barbell punches. ( Hold barbell up right with the weights at the top, and do explosive punches while holding it. - this can be dangerous, support the BB with a weight at the bottom, or up against a wall.)

Benchpess
DB Chest Press
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers

you can try switching to

Inclined DB press
Declined db press OR Dips. . .

Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking about maybe trying a routine like with Benchpress and Incline Benchpress in it. Would that be ok or not?

Weighted/Unweighted push ups

Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking about maybe trying a routine like with Benchpress and Incline Benchpress in it. Would that be ok or not?

since you posted that you have been dong benchpress on your routine.. its more ok (if i may suggest) if you give your bench press a rest first. .

I like barbell guillotine bench press. Try that instead of dropping bench press all together, IMHO. Start with light weight until you get use to them. Some people think they are hard on the shoulders but for me weighted dips crank my shoulders far more than these.

I like the old school lifts for bulk in my chest just decline, flat, and incline bench all with a bar. works great for me good wieght and decent reps i never go to high and it has been working for me for a long time.

I like barbell guillotine bench press. Try that instead of dropping bench press all together, IMHO. Start with light weight until you get use to them. Some people think they are hard on the shoulders but for me weighted dips crank my shoulders far more than these.

I was thinking about trying those. I agree with you dips really hurt my shoulders for some reason. I didn't like them.

Yeah tomuchgear I was thinking of including both flat benchpress and incline benchpress in my routine. Does that work well?

IML Gear Cream!

Benchpess
DB Chest Press Substitute BB inclines
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers Substitute DB pullovers

for me just doint those three exercises once a week works great

horrible........to agree with that its so unlike you, I would like to hear your real opinion on this particular thread :p

horrible........to agree with that its so unlike you, I would like to hear your real opinion on this particular thread :p

My real opinion is that isolating bodyparts is the only way forward. Hell, isolate each fibre.

:mooh:

Benchpess
DB Chest Press
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers

First, you need to throw out all of that BS that you do after you Bench.

You can try to do two Upper Body days along with your squats and deads workout (at least I hope you squat). Anyways see if you like something like this:

Upper 1
Bench w/pause
close-grip incline
tri's (some sort of ext.)
rows

Upper 2
Decline bench
hammer-grip flat db
shoulders
pulldown/pullup

IML Gear Cream!
I tried incline benchpress for the first time today. I started out with light weight to get the form down. When I moved up in weight I started having pain in the left side of my shoulder. Then when I went on to DB flies the same spot hurt. What was I doing wrong?

Try not going so low. When your upper arms are parallel to the floor push back up. That should reduce shoulder stress (as far as I know).

Oh yeah... And fuck DB flies!

i dont like db flies they hurt my shoulders as well also if your grip is to wide that may be part of the problem at least for me it is. if i grip to wide on any bench or bench variation the front of my delt gets a very odd pain so i just change my grip and that takes care of it.

Try not going so low. When your upper arms are parallel to the floor push back up. That should reduce shoulder stress (as far as I know).

Oh yeah... And fuck DB flies!

What should I do instead of DB flies?

Definitely Go for Inclined/Declined B.Press. 4-6 max to failure. Do weighted deeps with declined BP and inclined dumbel flyes with inclined BP. This will work for sure. Hit them hard.

Benchpess
DB Chest Press
DB Flys
Cable Crossovers

I always alternate like this
2 weeks will be BB bench and DB incline bench
than i alternate to BB incline bench and DB flat bench
the flys, i will alternate every 2 weeks also but don't really care what i alternate to.
also i alternate rep ranges every week.
one week is 6-8 and other week is 12-14

Alright thanks everyone for the help.

Another question....why should I do incline instead of decline benchpress? Or does it not matter which one I do?

Incline is for the upper chest an decline puts more focus on the lower chest.

jeebus upper and lower chest:doh:

Back