Divine Nutrition

Commit Quit Smoking! :)

Rep Points

Commit Quit Smoking! :)

Hey ok I am using Commit to quit smoking. After 4 days using it I got a cold. Sore throat stuffy nose... Would it have to do with the Commit Lozenges? or just a coincidence(SP?) Just seems funny all the sudden I get a cold. But I guess it is going around....

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by getlean09 View Post
    Hey ok I am using Commit to quit smoking. After 4 days using it I got a cold. Sore throat stuffy nose... Would it have to do with the Commit Lozenges? or just a coincidence(SP?) Just seems funny all the sudden I get a cold. But I guess it is going around....
    Doubt it. Probably a side effect of quitting smoking, i.e your body imbalanced from the lack of nicotine et al. It'll pass.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    Doubt it. Probably a side effect of quitting smoking, i.e your body imbalanced from the lack of nicotine et al. It'll pass.

I'm going to say I doubt this is true. I have never heard of those side effects for quiting smoking. It is the opposite actually. Sinuses and throat feel better rather than worse the day after quiting.

I think the OP simply has a cold. It is probably coincidence. I wouldn't worry about it. Steady as she goes on your plan to stop smoking, and if you don't feel better in a week or two, talk to a doctor.
    Fucking Determined!

Rep Points

Its wierd though I worked out last night even though I still had a cold, Took Wed off thinking it would not get any better, woke up today and side affects almost gone, not 100% but still there but feel like 75-95% better

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I'm going to say I doubt this is true. I have never heard of those side effects for quiting smoking. It is the opposite actually. Sinuses and throat feel better rather than worse the day after quiting.

I think the OP simply has a cold. It is probably coincidence. I wouldn't worry about it. Steady as she goes on your plan to stop smoking, and if you don't feel better in a week or two, talk to a doctor.
    Yeah, coincidence was my first thought.

A lot of people I know have coincidently got a cold after quitting, so there may be something in it....

Rep Points

Turns out it was broncitis! Ive never had this before in my life! So bad I was almost not breathing, had to go to the hospital last night, in an ambulance! thought I was having a heart attack! Poor breathing, could not catch a breath, exrayed chest said my broncial tube was bruised. Gave me some blood tests but were ok. Havent had a ciggarette since 2/11/08. Just bad head ache, not sure what form. Think I should take a Break from working out and let my cardiovascular rest a while? But I feel if I dont do anything its like not getting anything achieved for that day. At least do sit ups or something i would say....

Rep Points

good thing you quit