• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's a Respectable Overhead Squat #

Nate K

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's a Respectable Overhead Squat # ?
I don't really have an idea.

well at 5'7 171ish i lifted 185x5 soo i hope that helps some

Ultimately its more about good form than how heavy you lift. Lift with good form and eat well and your weights will go up as they are meant to.

I think that being able to squat your own bodyweight is decent. But I think that I'll feel truly accomplished when I can squat 1.5 times my bodyweight (~340 pounds).

A respectable lift is more than you lifted the last time you PRd.

Good question, I don't know.

but thanks for the reminder of the lift, I think I may stick it in my routine.

Okay, my reading comprehension is shit today. I missed the "overhead" part of the question.

If you can OH Squat all the way down without falling on your ass, it's respectable.

My Back Squat is ~280, but my OH Squat is ~110.

Okay, my reading comprehension is shit today. I missed the "overhead" part of the question.

If you can OH Squat all the way down without falling on your ass, it's respectable.

I'm glad you cleared that up. OH squat at 1.5 BW? :mooh::mooh::mooh:

Well Dan John who's pretty much the dude when it comes to Oh squat did 315lbs.

If you can Oh squat 2 thirds of your regular back squat id say thats pretty fucking incredible.

yes.. you mean you cant do that?

:nope:

I am sure that I could not even press 1.5 BW over my head, let alone try to do a squat with that much weight up there.
Back squatting 1.5 BW is about my limit when I push the 1 RMs.

:thinking:

Are you implying that you can?

no :lol: i cant even press that at the moment. thats almost 300lbs for me

If you can do a deep overhead squat holding a towel in your hands I think that's respectable. I'm not kidding. Most people can't do a good looking unloaded overhead squat without form turning to shit. The most I've ever even seen someone do is 185 for a triple (It was DEEP DEEP DEEP).

Word, yeah most people probably can't do one with good form with the bar.

If you can do a deep overhead squat holding a towel in your hands I think that's respectable. I'm not kidding. Most people can't do a good looking unloaded overhead squat without form turning to shit. The most I've ever even seen someone do is 185 for a triple (It was DEEP DEEP DEEP).

Yeah..I'm just working towards 135 now. I was worn out from 3 sets of 95 the other day.

IML Gear Cream!
I should point out that I did fall on my ass a few times.

Thats ok.
I think some people think your making up some dumb lift when they see an overhead squat.

The best i ever did was 88x3 ATG. That was a very tough session, lol.

Doubt i could keep very good form anymore though, totally out of practice and find back squats hard enough now :p.

One day...

Shit, are you for real? Or did you also miss the "overhead" word in the question? :D

nope my back squat is 365x2 and my front squat is 275x3 im sure thats my overhead

right, but he said his overhead was 185x5 :shrug:

nope my back squat is 365x2 and my front squat is 275x3 im sure thats my overhead

I have doubts you could do 185lb's as an overhead squat, for all I know you might be able to do it, but It's a different beast compared to front and back squats. Have you actually tried it?

BTW your back and front squats are very impressive.

I have doubts you could do 185lb's as an overhead squat, for all I know you might be able to do it, but It's a different beast compared to front and back squats. Have you actually tried it?

BTW your back and front squats are very impressive.

yes i have tryed it and done it many times its part of the workouts i used to have to do for a grade in a class and part of the football training at the high school i used to play football for.

thank you for the complements one my other two forms of squat

yes i have tryed it and done it many times its part of the workouts i used to have to do for a grade in a class and part of the football training at the high school i used to play football for.

thank you for the complements one my other two forms of squat

Fair enough, that's really impressive then.

Back