• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

need help after back surgery!

k-lock

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and this is my first thread. anyways, i was browsing through some Q&A'S about back surgery and trying to get back into the weight room and i couldn't quite find the answers i needed, so i thought i would just ask.
I recently underwent a microdiscectomy om my L5-S1 in my lower back and I am about 5 weeks out of surgery now. Feeling pretty good, except for some numb sensations still in my left leg, and some aches in my lower back which i would assume is probably normal, right?
Before this all went down i was really into weightlifting and bodybuilding and was looking and feeling pretty good. Then i just got to the point where i couldn't even hardly walk anymore! unbearable pains!
I am 24 year old male, about 5'10" and weighing about 185 now after the downtime from my back injury and surgery, feeling pretty flabby, loose, soft, weak, and just plain out of shape now. i would really like to get back into the weight room and start pump'n iron again, and i think its time! but, out of fear of reinjuring myself, i need some guideance, as in what type of exercises i should be doing to strengthen my back and core up again so that i may gradually get back into some heavier weights and try and build myself back up to the lean 205 lbs i was before this went down!
Can anyone help me out with a list of some good exercises and lifts to do to get me back on track, and, am i rushing into this to quickly or not?

Back