• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I need help after back surgery!

k-lock

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and this is my first thread. anyways, i was browsing through some Q&A'S about back surgery and trying to get back into the weight room and i couldn't quite find the answers i needed, so i thought i would just ask.
I recently underwent a microdiscectomy om my L5-S1 in my lower back and I am about 5 weeks out of surgery now. Feeling pretty good, except for some numb sensations still in my left leg, and some aches in my lower back which i would assume is probably normal, right?
Before this all went down i was really into weightlifting and bodybuilding and was looking and feeling pretty good. Then i just got to the point where i couldn't even hardly walk anymore! unbearable pains!
I am 24 year old male, about 5'10" and weighing about 185 now after the downtime from my back injury and surgery, feeling pretty flabby, loose, soft, weak, and just plain out of shape now. i would really like to get back into the weight room and start pump'n iron again, and i think its time! but, out of fear of reinjuring myself, i need some guideance, as in what type of exercises i should be doing to strengthen my back and core up again so that i may gradually get back into some heavier weights and try and build myself back up to the lean 205 lbs i was before this went down!
Can anyone help me out with a list of some good exercises and lifts to do to get me back on track, and, am i rushing into this to quickly or not?

I don't really know what a microdiscectomy entails, it would be really tough for us to help you out over the internet. Whatever you decide to do, clear with your physical therapist/physician first. One wrong move and you'll be right back in bed popping percocet to stay sane.

go get physical therapy.

anyone who details a workout, for your individual case, over the internet would have to be a fucking fool.

have you told your doctor that you are having radicular pain?

Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and this is my first thread. anyways, i was browsing through some Q&A'S about back surgery and trying to get back into the weight room and i couldn't quite find the answers i needed, so i thought i would just ask.
I recently underwent a microdiscectomy om my L5-S1 in my lower back and I am about 5 weeks out of surgery now. Feeling pretty good, except for some numb sensations still in my left leg, and some aches in my lower back which i would assume is probably normal, right?
Before this all went down i was really into weightlifting and bodybuilding and was looking and feeling pretty good. Then i just got to the point where i couldn't even hardly walk anymore! unbearable pains!
I am 24 year old male, about 5'10" and weighing about 185 now after the downtime from my back injury and surgery, feeling pretty flabby, loose, soft, weak, and just plain out of shape now. i would really like to get back into the weight room and start pump'n iron again, and i think its time! but, out of fear of reinjuring myself, i need some guideance, as in what type of exercises i should be doing to strengthen my back and core up again so that i may gradually get back into some heavier weights and try and build myself back up to the lean 205 lbs i was before this went down!
Can anyone help me out with a list of some good exercises and lifts to do to get me back on track, and, am i rushing into this to quickly or not?

dude I almost ruptured both discs when I was 17 in the L4 L5 area and I wasnt good for 3months...so I am positive you are going to have to tough this out...your lower back is part of your core...i was taught like this....your core compliments your legs and your legs help you get a big upperbody...so if you fuck one up...you take a part of the most important part of your body away....be patient...it will pay off....I strongly suggest a physical therapists...I used one of the memphis grizzlies therapist and orthopaedic surgeon...best thing I ever did.

Hey everyone,

dude I almost ruptured both discs when I was 17 in the L4 L5 area and I wasnt good for 3months...so I am positive you are going to have to tough this out...your lower back is part of your core...i was taught like this....your core compliments your legs and your legs help you get a big upperbody...so if you fuck one up...you take a part of the most important part of your body away....be patient...it will pay off....I strongly suggest a physical therapists...I used one of the memphis grizzlies therapist and orthopaedic surgeon...best thing I ever did. Stay with the therapist until you think your core is strong enough...I.E. you feel no pain...dude youre a former recon marine....I am a military bro looking out for ya and Ill tell ya its worth the wait...with the work ethic you have youlll build up in no time. Look into pilates.

extra help for people who need it

Nursing is a wonderful career! Never will you have to worry about the shortage of income or jobs for nursing placement. I think that what your aunt is doing is a wonderful idea. I have found a company called ResponseLINK that would help many other people start their own care sitting business. ResponseLINK is a personal emergency alert device with a pendant and a monitoring panel, that alerts help when the button is activated. Not only does it have voice to voice audio, ResponseLINK has many add on features to choose from; meal and medication reminders, wellness and health checks just to name a few. If you would like to pass on this information to your aunt, here is the link Medical Alert & Personal Safety Systems for 24-Hour emergency response,

1) Here's a link to a reputable web site with results of several clinical trials to determine the best treatment
2) technology:
- Pedicle screw instrumentation has eliminated the need for the patient to wear a bulky and uncomfortable back (or neck) brace post-operatively, and patients now no longer need to be at bedrest for many days after an operation (typically they are up and walking the night of or the day after a surgery). It has also revolutionized the way scoliosis surgery is now done.
-BMP: The use of BMP (bone morphogenetic protein) has also aided spine surgeons when doing fusion surgery.
-artificial disc replacement: done in Europe for many years, the (U.S.A.) FDA approved the first model for use in the USA in 2004 and several others are now in use also. This surgery is done to replace a failed disc with the goal of preserving motion, rather than doing a fusion surgery.

Here's another web site with good in
orthoinfo.aaos.org/menus/spine.cf… Source(s):

spine doc

I had a microlumbar disectomy as well. L5 S1. Before I had surgery, I was out of the gym for a good year! Just trying to make it through an 8 hr work day. Was the best surgery ever! After feeling pain that seemed to be forever! I walked out feeling like a new man! I was told by my chiro to work the core first. All angles of the back, sides and abs. Then start lifting again. Thats what I had to do. Don't rush into going heavy. Took me 2 years. 2 years and I'm still pulling, straining, or trying to hurt something. Lol. Back is good though!!

Last edited:
Back