A question for the gun owners/advocates on this site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 196
  1. #1
    Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER
    iMan323's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    947
    Rep Points
    1187448

    A question for the gun owners/advocates on this site

    Should civilians be allowed to purchase a shotgun like the experimental military AA-12 (Click here to see a video demonstration). That is the best CQB weapon I've ever seen....

    On that note, should civilians be able to purchase military grade weapons? I bet many of you still grumble over the 1994 automatic weapons ban. I know what the gun control people are going to say, so I'm not really interested in hearing it...but how would you gun folks feel if your neighbor had one of those shotguns in his closet?

  2. #2
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    they could have places where civilians can go and shoot them and other weapons for a nice price. the money could be used to buy equipment for police and firefighters. but imagin some idiot having one of those n deciding to shoot up a school. i dunno, tough question.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  3. #3
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    There are pro and cons. I don't mind as long as they can pass a federal checked background check. And no mental problems! I collect all kinds of guns from .22 cal. up to the 50 cal. sniper rifle.
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    63,876
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    even though you did not ask...the only firearm a civilian should be allowed to purchase/own IMO is a hunting rifle, they have no use for anything else.


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  5. #5
    Preved Medved!
    ELITE MEMBER
    iMan323's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    947
    Rep Points
    1187448

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    even though you did not ask...the only firearm a civilian should be allowed to purchase/own IMO is a hunting rifle, they have no use for anything else.
    Well, I happen to agree. I think the police/military should have a firepower advantage regular citizens. Otherwise, who'd want to be a police officer?

  6. #6
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    Quote Originally Posted by iMan323 View Post
    Well, I happen to agree. I think the police/military should have a firepower advantage regular citizens. Otherwise, who'd want to be a police officer?
    Military has a lot more firepower then citizens do. And why a hunting rifle only? they are just as deadly as any gun
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    even though you did not ask...the only firearm a civilian should be allowed to purchase/own IMO is a hunting rifle, they have no use for anything else.
    It's been beat to death, but statistics show that crime rates are lower in areas where people are known to carry concealed weapons (legally). Look at Washington D.C. where they banned guns and gun crime continued; all that did was take away people's ability to defend themselves.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  8. #8
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    It's been beat to death, but statistics show that crime rates are lower in areas where people are known to carry concealed weapons (legally). Look at Washington D.C. where they banned guns and gun crime continued; all that did was take away people's ability to defend themselves.
    And other countries for that matter
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    63,876
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Irons77 View Post
    And why a hunting rifle only? they are just as deadly as any gun
    they are very difficult to conceal, most people that own hunting rifles own them for the purpose of hunting, they are not semi-automatic or automatic, it's very rare that a privately owned hand gun is used in self defense, statistic's show that they get used more in domestic violence situations and accidents, i.e. kids getting a hold of them, than shooting an intruder.

    it's just what I believe, and I don't really care if anyone agrees with me on this.


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    even though you did not ask...the only firearm a civilian should be allowed to purchase/own IMO is a hunting rifle, they have no use for anything else.
    only thing that would do is keep it out of the hands of law-biding citizens.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    63,876
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    only thing that would do is keep it out of the hands of law-biding citizens.
    do you really think that is a good argument?

    so what is the point of drugs being illegal and/or controlled?


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  12. #12
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    they are very difficult to conceal, most people that own hunting rifles own them for the purpose of hunting, they are not semi-automatic or automatic, it's very rare that a privately owned hand gun is used in self defense, statistic's show that they get used more in domestic violence situations and accidents, i.e. kids getting a hold of them, than shooting an intruder.

    it's just what I believe, and I don't really care if anyone agrees with me on this.
    That's cool. All of my guns are locked up and out of kids reach. I have one in my night stand for any intruders. I just don't think I should give up my guns because of someone elses mistake or actions. FYI there are some semi-automatic hunting rifles!
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    do you really think that is a good argument?

    so what is the point of drugs being illegal and/or controlled?
    Legalize them and tax the shit out of them. Chances are drugs will still be "illegal" in the sense that every single employer in the US will have a drug policy stating that you can't use heroine and such, and that is perfectly fine.

    There is no reason to keep filling our jails with nonviolent offenders and stoners.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    do you really think that is a good argument?

    so what is the point of drugs being illegal and/or controlled?
    Yes, I do. You really think theives & murderers give a shit if the gun they have is legal?

    I don't have a gun now, but the second I have a family I will. No way in hell I'll leave my family's safety to chance. I can't imagine anyone thinking differently...

    I personally don't care if Joe Citizen wants to ruin his life with drugs, but making them legal really isn't realistic. Drug abuse & personal safety are two topics that don't really have much in common.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    63,876
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    I don't have a gun now, but the second I have a family I will. No way in hell I'll leave my family's safety to chance. I can't imagine anyone thinking differently...
    I have a family, which is why I live in an upper middle class suburban area and have an alarm on my house, I don't need a gun.


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  16. #16
    Yuppie
    KentDog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    14296577

    I love Future Weapons.. this was probably my favorite tidbit.

    Why would a civilian ever need such a gun? I suppose it may come in handy for "dawn of the dead" type scenarios where you may need to engage an army of zombies, but how else would a civilian use it?

  17. #17
    Anyone I want to be!
    PappaD's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NUNNYA
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    10

    I'll take one of those shotguns in black and give me one in hot pink for my wife!! We love guns!! We have no small children but my wife feels secure knowing she has a means of defense if I am not home.

    We live in a fairly large home (8000sqft) and you wouldn't hear someone on the other end of the house break a window or door! We have dogs but put them up at night. I took her to the range and got her lessons on how to defend herself.

    The neighborhood you live in makes no difference these days, just ask Jon Benet Ramsey!!! That girl in Reno was taken right out of a house and killed.

    I am laying in bed right now and can put my hand on at least 4 pistols within 3-4 seconds.

    You see, here in Texas we only call 911 to have your carcass hauled off when we're through with ya!!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Holy dogshit Texas? Only two things.......
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I have a family, which is why I live in an upper middle class suburban area and have an alarm on my house, I don't need a gun.
    I understand, but I still see that as leaving it to chance that a person won't enter your home, and that your alarm is sufficient. I'd just rather have a gun in the unusual case that I would need it.

  20. #20
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    do you really think that is a good argument?

    so what is the point of drugs being illegal and/or controlled?
    If the criminal has pot and I don't, I'm not necessarily going to lose the fight.

    Besides, the right to smoke pot isn't in the Constitution.


  21. #21
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by PappaD View Post
    You see, here in Texas we only call 911 to have your carcass hauled off when we're through with ya!!!


  22. #22
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    Quote Originally Posted by PappaD View Post
    I'll take one of those shotguns in black and give me one in hot pink for my wife!! We love guns!! We have no small children but my wife feels secure knowing she has a means of defense if I am not home.

    We live in a fairly large home (8000sqft) and you wouldn't hear someone on the other end of the house break a window or door! We have dogs but put them up at night. I took her to the range and got her lessons on how to defend herself.

    The neighborhood you live in makes no difference these days, just ask Jon Benet Ramsey!!! That girl in Reno was taken right out of a house and killed.

    I am laying in bed right now and can put my hand on at least 4 pistols within 3-4 seconds.

    You see, here in Texas we only call 911 to have your carcass hauled off when we're through with ya!!!
    We don't fuck around in Texas, hell we even get the robbers for our neighbors!!
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  23. #23
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Irons77 View Post
    We don't fuck around in Texas, hell we even get the robbers for our neighbors!!
    Jump to 8:04. "Express lane."



  24. #24
    Training like a bitch
    Irons77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    914
    Rep Points
    2156820

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Jump to 8:04. "Express lane."

    That the truth!!!
    Soreness is weakness exiting the body.

  25. #25
    is divorced and not drnkn
    ELITE MEMBER
    tomuchgear's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Points
    3863759

    i have plenty of guns my two favs cobray mach 11 and taurus pt 92. i keep them up so my kids cant get them. a few are in good locations to be reached if needed. i grew up around guns. i see no reason to not have them. also for civillians home protection, shooting range, hunting. all good uses for a gun. i would rather have my 9mm loaded with hollow tips than a alarm. what good does a alarm do but tell me there is a psycho in my house. well i guess if i had a alarm i wouldnt have to search the house to shoot his/her ass. the alarm would possibly help me know were they are. hmmm i dont know any way guns if used correctly are fun, and a great source of home protection.
    i bet in the world you live in every one is a pony, eats rainbows, and craps butterflys.
    there is no damn justice in the world.

  26. #26
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,723
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Jump to 8:04. "Express lane."


    did that bill pass? it should.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  27. #27
    Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER
    KelJu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In my imagination.
    Posts
    14,973
    Rep Points
    1115136028

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    they are very difficult to conceal, most people that own hunting rifles own them for the purpose of hunting, they are not semi-automatic or automatic
    They do come in semi-auto and automatic. Also, shotguns are used for hunting more than rifles. One of the best selling hunting firearms on the market is the Remington 11-87 semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun. They are much more lethal than handguns.
    Fucking Determined!

  28. #28
    Your Pretend Friend
    Tier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    765
    Rep Points
    2147559

    Gun control is made silly by the host of any other deadly weapons that exist. It seems ridiculous to try to control one fish in the ocean, is it because you can use them to kill further away? I mean what's the argument?

    Every nation falls, but I will feel a lot better if we take out a few million enemies before we buckle because most families have guns. Everybody remember why Japan did not invade the west coast? They ran the numbers and figured out they could not sustain an invasion force, guess why? Not because we don't have guns.

  29. #29
    __________
    clemson357's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Points
    15167689

    Quote Originally Posted by iMan323 View Post
    Should civilians be allowed to purchase a shotgun like the experimental military AA-12 (Click here to see a video demonstration). That is the best CQB weapon I've ever seen....

    On that note, should civilians be able to purchase military grade weapons? I bet many of you still grumble over the 1994 automatic weapons ban. I know what the gun control people are going to say, so I'm not really interested in hearing it...but how would you gun folks feel if your neighbor had one of those shotguns in his closet?
    Bill Clinton's 1994 semi-auto ban had nothing to do with military grade weaponry.
    ________________________

  30. #30
    __________
    clemson357's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Points
    15167689

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I have a family, which is why I live in an upper middle class suburban area and have an alarm on my house, I don't need a gun.
    I'm glad this woman is smarter than you. Otherwise we'd have one less law abiding citizen and one more stalking rapist.
    YouTube - Armed Citizens: Calling 911 Doesn't Always Work
    ________________________

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Questions for the IF advocates
    By FMJ in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 07:36 AM
  2. To all HIT advocates!!!
    By King Silverback in forum Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 07:33 PM
  3. P/RR/S advocates...A Question On Volume
    By Premo55 in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 11:33 PM
  4. Question for any gym owners?
    By FATBASTARD in forum Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 06:01 AM
  5. New To The Site...and a Question!
    By eskimo515 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->