• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gasoline Prices Skyrocketing

The Gentleman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Within the last month I've seen gas at 4 of my local gas stations shoot up nearly 60 cents. I'm royally pissed as gas is now $3.79 a gallon here in southern California. I drive a 2000 Ford Mustang (V6) and get about 18 mpg which is roughly equal to using one gallon for my daily commute to and from school (which is decent, but my wallet's starting to hate me).

I'm guessing come summer time gas here in California will shoot past $4. I'm curious... What's gas costin' for the rest of IM? How's your gas cash holdin' up with your current ride? What's your overall opinion on gas prices in general?

I own a V8 Mustang and I pay $3.50 at the pump (I only buy premium grade).

I'm unemployed right now. So it okay. Yeah, I'm not pulling a steady paycheck, but I don't drive to and from work either.

My opinion on gas prices? I think we should go to every OPEC and kill the leaders there as an example.

I think they should charge $10 dollars a gallon for gas......that would help get us off our addiction a lot faster.....

Lately I've been driving about half way to campus and then walking the rest of the way. I couldn't believe gas went up ~$0.40 between tanks!

Needless to say, I will continue to walk 20-30 minutes to get to school. Parking sux anyway and takes just as long or longer.

I heard that the United States has more shale oil then anyone else, however to process it is longer then typical crude oil, I don't understand why we don't spend more time researching that, so we wouldnt have to depend on OPEC

I heard that the United States has more shale oil then anyone else, however to process it is longer then typical crude oil, I don't understand why we don't spend more time researching that, so we wouldnt have to depend on OPEC
We will use everyone elses and then when it's all gone charge them a fortune to use ours while we spend it on funding alternatives.....

We will use everyone elses and then when it's all gone charge them a fortune to use ours while we spend it on funding alternatives.....

.....except for places that are oil rich are investing heavily in self-sustaining practices, such as Dubai for example.

Right now we are about $1.10 a litre, but there is talks of it being $1.50 a litre by summer. And I drive a lot. Ugh!!!

My opinion on gas prices? I think we should go to every OPEC and kill the leaders there as an example.

I think you're joking.

I don't like OPEC, or those countries. But we allowed ourselves to be dependent upon them because of American oil companies that are powerful and greedy. US oil companies push oil.

With Chinese, Indian, and worlwide demand increasing, we can expect to pay even higher prices for oil, according to many analyst in the gas and oil industry.

One option that people are now doing in the USA, is trading in the SUV and larger gas-guzzlers for more economical cars, and cutting back on certain types of driving.

We allowed ourselves to be dependent on oil, oil companies, and OPEC.

Public transportation in most US cities is considered "low-class." Many cities don't even had adequate public transportation.

Drill off-shore, drill ANWR, pump money into oil-shale.

That is a winning ticket in november.

I still think nuclear power (or some other good power source in the future) + hydrogen production from the power plants is the best option longer-term though, because the electrical engines are 3x more efficient than combustion, so it would pay off. Then we could just be using gas on heavy equipment, aviation, etc.

It's important to remember though that we get a lot more oil from Mexico and Canada than we do from the ME.

IML Gear Cream!
Oil Import Statisics: Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

As for nuclear power:
A few of us were debating this a couple of weeks ago. The real problem is the potential failures of nuclear power plants. Although they are extremely safe and well protected with recent technology, they also fail spectacularly when they do. Whereas a normal power plant might cause a huge explosion, a nuclear power plant failure will render miles and miles of land uninhabitable and lethal.

I do agree that we need to invest more money into shale research though; if we have that much oil just sitting here, what the hell are we doing NOT investing in it?

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS by Andrew P. Schumacher

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... But here in
California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my
line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some
tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon.

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose, CA we
deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline.
One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and
prem ium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of
16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the
ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations
have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the
more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying
in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a
gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the
temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other
petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the
service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a
fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3)stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low speed,
thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping.
All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the
fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those
vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so
you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF
FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in
your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates
faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal
floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and
the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service
stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature
compensated so that every gallon is actually the e xact amou nt.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage
tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline
is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up
some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will
help you get the most value for your money.

DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!

WHERE TO BUY USA GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It
might even be good for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We
should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating t han the feeling that every time I fill-up
the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my
family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies
are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle
Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco...........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo gas is from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans. If
you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
(Oil is now $90 - $100 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco............ ... ...0 barrels

Conoco..................0 barrels

Sinclair................0 barrels

B P/Phillips............0 barrels

Hess.......................0 barrels

ARC0....................0 barrels

If you go to Sunoco.com <http://sunoco.com/> , you will get a list of
the station locations near you.

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and
each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are
importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach l iterally millions of gas
Buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... Keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!!

Fuckin arabs.....

anyways...thank the fucking goreviromentalist...in alaska it is said that there is enough crude oil to supply the US for another 200years....theres reason to question all this bullshit....in iran gas is 5cents a gallon...shouldnt we all be pissed.

Fuckin arabs.....

anyways...thank the fucking goreviromentalist...in alaska it is said that there is enough crude oil to supply the US for another 200years....theres reason to question all this bullshit....in iran gas is 5cents a gallon...shouldnt we all be pissed.

It's the Americans fault, mostly.

The Chinese are suspected of buying a lot of oil now to have a petroleum reserve. They're stockpiling basically.

The US wanted to be dependent. Therefore, the US is dependent.

I think higher gasoline prices are good.

It will cause the selfish to change their behaviour.

:thumb:

It's the Americans fault, mostly.

The Chinese are suspected of buying a lot of oil now to have a petroleum reserve. They're stockpiling basically.

The US wanted to be dependent. Therefore, the US is dependent.

I think higher gasoline prices are good.

It will cause the selfish to change their behaviour.

:thumb:

weve got stockpiles of it to in reserve...plenty for a damn good while...we as america are way too dependent on foreign countries...Yes it is good to have agreements and treaties but I believe we need to become a little more independent on certain areas so are economy can grow. If they would stop sending everything overseas it would boost our economy bigtime...that is why china is booming right now.

Those tips won't do shit. Pump your gas full speed and then take the time you save from not pumping slow to check your tire pressure, proper tire pressure will help gas milage and save more than some fumes escaping. I run my tank down below 1/4 and then fill up, I don't want to mix old stale gas with my new premium who knows I might be lowering my octane level by continually mixing old gas with new at a half/half ratio. Hawaii has tempertaure compensation already gas is sold assuming an 80 degree temp instead of 60, but it's still not much of an issue is it?

And the middle east oil, well if you can get newer numbers and then follow it without going out of your way more power to you......I don't worry cause I use Tesoro gas and they get most of their oil from Alaska and Indonesia.....

.....except for places that are oil rich are investing heavily in self-sustaining practices, such as Dubai for example.
We are so far behind a lot of countries in sustainability it's embarrassing....

I feel bad for people with diesels. Luckly I own a rice burner that gets 32 miles to a gallon. Its turbo charged so I have to premium in it.

I feel bad for people with diesels. Luckly I own a rice burner that gets 32 miles to a gallon. Its turbo charged so I have to premium in it.
Why? When it gets really bad they can do a quick conversion and run to the local restaurants and collect old cooking oil, filter it and process it and run bio-diesel for cheap...

I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you are in the transportation of goods industries, or you haul stuff for you job, you have no right to complain. There are fuel efficient alternatives that few people are taking advantage of.

I don't care much about gas prices. I can afford it now, and my next car will be a high gas millage hybrid.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm not trying to be rude, but unless you are in the transportation of goods industries, or you haul stuff for you job, you have no right to complain. There are fuel efficient alternatives that few people are taking advantage of.

I don't care much about gas prices. I can afford it now, and my next car will be a high gas millage hybrid.

The problem isn't so much that driving costs more, although that's a problem, the problem is that everything else increases in price due to gas being expensive. You can't buy those oranges at Stop and Shop unless they're driven there by a trucker, and someone needs to pay for that gas.

Gas Prices in 2001: around $1.25.

Gas Prices Today: around $3.50.

"Misshun Akomplished"

Think you guys have it bad, here in the UK the cheapest petrol near me is ??£103.9/litre and diesel is ??£1.08/litre!! not sure on todays exchange rate?

edited to put decimal point

Last edited:
I spend about 90-100USD filling up my 28gal. tank (F-150).

Why? When it gets really bad they can do a quick conversion and run to the local restaurants and collect old cooking oil, filter it and process it and run bio-diesel for cheap...

Well the average person like myself did not know that.

Back