• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

how long is to long for fat burn?

edubz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering, I heard that for fat burning to take place during a cardio work out that it had to be from 45 minutes to an hour.

Should I run for 1 hour and 30 minutes? I plan on doing this 3 days a week. Is this an over kill?

Basically I am just trying to lose the winter gut. thanks

try a HIIT session. they last no longer than 20 minutes (and that might be an over-estimate) and are much better for weight loss.

try a HIIT session. they last no longer than 20 minutes (and that might be an over-estimate) and are much better for weight loss.

im trying to burn fat, not lose weight. its 2 different things

In my experience keeping the heartrate in the fat burning zone (140 ish for me) for as long as possible works best. I tend to jog on a treadmill at just fast enough to keep my BPM up there for about 45mins 2-3 times per week and I found it worked well. Having said that I ended up doing it for too many weeks last time and started to burn off some muscle too so dont over do it! ;)

HIIT is great, also incline treadmill is good too. For me personally 45 minutes is good for cardio when trying to burn the bf, but I wear a heart rate monitor, because I tend to "overdo" and go beyond my 85%,,

Like they said before, you just need to keep your heart rate in that fat burning zone.. ;)

Losing bodyfat is a case of tipping the balance of calories in V. calories out in your favour.

You can do any amount of cardio at any intensity you like and unless your diet is maintained to keep you just below maintenance calories, you won't lose bodyfat.

Once you are consuming below maintenance calories you can do cardio to speed up fat loss. However, the optimum type and duration of this cardio is down to the individual. Some people find that long, low intensity cardio sessions work best as Katt described, and some people find that short sharp high intensity sessions are better, as Scar tried to point out.

Personally i disagree completely with the 'fat burning' zone of cardio, but i do think that the type of cardio that works best for someone else might not work for you. For this reason i would recommend mixing long, low intensity sessions with HIIT sessions, maybe 2 of each per week.

In my opinion an hour and a half of running, 3x per week is not going to do you any favours.

Peace...

First of all...hello everyone, I'm a newbie out here, jus checking things out, thought I would briefly add my two cents to this topic.

I totally agree with Sam here. I think all of you have great points but it really does come down to diet when it comes to fat loss. Cardio is secondary. I am just over my six weeks into my "life-style" (not diet). I have quite a bit of BF to lose, and I am currently being coached by my girlfriend who is a fitness trainer as well as my private nutition coach. Her number 1 rule is on being aware of your NUTRITION. You can do all the cardio in the world but unless your eating is 100% clean you will have a hard time reaching your goal, and perhaps ending up losing lean muscle mass instead of BF.

Cardio and weight training are great when combined with clean eating. I think people get so caught up on which workout is the best, when simply doing each portion in moderation will have the best results. The point is to get your body moving and working to GRADUALLY progress. Cardiovasular exercise is about conditioning the body. You can't start off doing INTENSE training and expect to evolve. It should be a gradual process where you continue to challenge the body. I have been doing variations of cardio and weight training. Its important to not do the same thing for too long. I've gotten great results so far, and I think anyone who needs to lose body fat should really focus on their intake VS output.

While I find this site very imformative and the possitive energy is very motivating, I have to keep in mind that I am an individual whose needs are going to be slightly different then others. I wouldnt excpect to follow the same regimine as someone that has perhaps already reached their goal and is in maintenance... or maybe someone that wants to build more lean mass etc. Each person should have a personal plan based on their body, health, lifestyle, and goal.

I was wondering, I heard that for fat burning to take place during a cardio work out that it had to be from 45 minutes to an hour.

Should I run for 1 hour and 30 minutes? I plan on doing this 3 days a week. Is this an over kill?

Basically I am just trying to lose the winter gut. thanks

its not really necessary but it will improve your results...Ill tell ya how they do it in the military...usually 3 times a week at 2 to 3 miles. So Id say stick with your 45 min...up to an hour.... 1 and a half is fine if you have the discipline to stick with it...and remember to not overdue it....because its just as easy to overkill as it is with weights...you also need to have your diet cleaned up....yes you will see results with a dirty diet and running but they will be minimal...or should I say you wont be happy...so eat healthy and you will look great soon enough just push through.

No longer than 40 minutes three days a week

Also, do HIIT three days a week (alternating days)

keep your calories under control.

Kadink. Fat loss.

IML Gear Cream!
Hiit

Eat Less

Burn More

Slow Pace Walking For Long Duration - 60 Minutes A Day

Dont Eat Carbs Or Fat After 6 Pm

Need to get balance of cardio and diet right. I used 45 min jogging 3 times a week and dropped calories slowly. However, when I hit a sticking point, I didnt alter the diet too much and increased the distance on my cardio and ended up doing cardio 7 days a week for the last part of my cut. This got me down to 5%.

Many people dont agree with doing this amount of cardio but I prefer keeping diet a bit harder and burning more calories through (morning) cardio. This means I dont feel too hungry and am still fuelled for pushing the weights.

Hiit

Eat Less

Burn More

Slow Pace Walking For Long Duration - 60 Minutes A Day

Dont Eat Carbs Or Fat After 6 Pm

I feel like many people have missed the boat on this issue so far. First off, don't listen to anyone who says "don't eat carbs or fat after 6pm" this is a nutritional myth that people just won't seem to let die.

Now, of course, the most important thing to lose weight/burn fat is eating in a caloric deficit. No matter what kind of exercising you do, cardio won't have you lose anything until your diet is right.

Also, do you lift weights? Lifting weights is a more effective way to burn fat than cardio. I would recommend lifting weights 4 days per week and doing 3 HIIT cardio days per week to really kick your body in to fat burning mode. Of course you would need to structure your lifting routine properly and alternate your forms of HIIT training. There are multiple ways to burn fat but the most important is diet, and cardio is NOT the most efficient way to burn fat. It will burn fat, but there are better ways to do it.

That's nonsense, wherever you heard that. You are going to accelerate the usage of all energy systems by doing intense cardiovascular activity, and this is going to happen in a fairly short period of time.

I rarely will do more than 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise in a sitting, and I can manipulate body composition just fine.

doing ha ha doesnt make much sense

hey man,

first of all please understand that doing cardio empty stomach in the morning will make your liver use up its store of amino acids and which in turn after some time will start a catbolic reaction converting amino acids from muscles to glucose which in turn will fuel the cardio.

you will lose muscle faster than fat with empty stomach cardio.

definitely you will lose weight faster on empty stomach cardio no doubt as muscle has more weight than fat.

please go on doing empty stomach cardio with pleasure.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back