• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fresh Start

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK...I've been slacking, but for good reasons.

As you may remember from my earlier posts, I've been pretty unhappy at work. I had started looking around, and had a few interviews that were fairly promising.

Well, the person who was running my department had decided that she didn't want me on her team anymore. (Probably to do with me being pretty open about what a poor choice she was for the job, and how she was causing more harm than good, a view shared by some of the execs.) Anyway, I was told I could find something else internally or take a severance package. I had two execs offer me spots on their team, so I wasn't to concerned. The wife wanted me to take the severance and get out of the company, given all the drama there and the poor business planning/results.

Well, while I was pondering, I found out that I was getting an offer from another company on a job I really wanted, so I took the severance and walked. That was a week and a half ago. I officially got the offer last night on the new job, and looks like I will be starting in April.

So, at the end of all that, I find myself with a couple of weeks off, time to get some things done around the homestead, a fresh start at a new job, and a renewed sense of purpose and energy. I've decided to spend the time between now and the new job hitting the gym hard and getting as prepped as I can.

With that in mind, I've been on the bike a little, played some racquetball, spent a little time in the pool, but nothing to strenuous. Got into the gym today to start off with the heavy work.

The plan is to stay with the Heavy Duty routine with an emphasis on cardio work.

TODAY
WU - run 1 mile (indoor track...no more treadmills if I can help it. The track is much easier for me. As it starts to warm up, I'm planning to do some morning runs as well.)

Pec Deck - 75x10, 120x7
SS Smith incline press - 70x10, 120x3

DB pullover - 50x10, 60x7
SS CG pulldowns - 6x10, 8x7 (it's a Cybex machine, so no idea what the actual weight is, just numbered plates. I hate those, but it's what's in the weightroom.)

Deadlift - 135x10, 185x7

Swim - 10 sprint laps (1/3 mile total) - these are done full tilt one way, easy the other.

Followed with some hot tub and steamroom time. Always welcome. Playing racquetball again tomorrow, if I have time plan to go in an run first.

Not a bad start. I'm looking to do a hard charge for the next three weeks.

Awesome, Congrats my Friend!!! Enjo the time off, HIT the gym and Best Wishes!!!

:clapping: Getting the job situation resolved must be a load off your mind. Good timing with the severance package, too. :thumbs:

life can be so sweet. hope it keeps going that way for you.:thumbs:

Life is all good! Congrats Pylon!

Thanks all. Nice to be back and focused.

Good idea to take the new job, good idea to start fresh with your journal as well.

Following, as usual.

Oh and love the new avatar!

SM - Thanks, always a pleasure to have you along!

Sammie - Thanks a bunch. It's nice to feel wanted. :D

IML Gear Cream!
Got in a great racquetball game today, lasted about 90 minutes. Totally beat afterward.

Also, diet has been pretty clean to go with the extra workload. :thumb:

Thanks, Yella. Good to be back.

OK, finally got myself to weigh in this morning for the starting point. Tipped it right at 280 (kee-yikes).

Was inspired to crank out a 14 minute Tabata session on the bike to start the day. :laugh:

Thanks Sammie. I just hate to give back all the progress that had been made. Oh well...

Lifting day again.

WU - bike, 5 min

Leg Ext - 110x10, 150x10
SS Leg Press - 200x10, 300x10

Calf Press - 180x20, 360x20

1 mile run - 14:02 (yeah, still slow, but shaved 12 seconds off the last time I kept track, which was about a month ago)

Two things, for the record. First, that is 4 straight days of workouts of some form. Second, I have run the mile more times this week than my entire time in high school (run, not run/walk). How many people can say that? Huh? Huh? Hooray for small victories.

Leg Ext - 110x10, 150x10
SS Leg Press - 200x10, 300x10

Calf Press - 180x20, 360x20

1 mile run - 14:02 (yeah, still slow, but shaved 12 seconds off the last time I kept track, which was about a month ago)

Two things, for the record. First, that is 4 straight days of workouts of some form. Second, I have run the mile more times this week than my entire time in high school (run, not run/walk). How many people can say that? Huh? Huh? Hooray for small victories.

Excellent job Pylon - 4 days in a row?? Thats amazing. You sure have turned over a new leaf :thumb:

Heya Billie! :wave:

IML Gear Cream!
Lifting day again.

Back with a vengeance I see. :clapping:

Happy Opening Day everyone!!!

wu -bike, 5 min

db lat raise - 15s x 10, 20s x 10

bo db rows - 25s x 10, 30s x 10

standing bb curls - 50 x 10, 70 x 10

tri pushdowns - 120 x 10, 140 x 10
SS dips - bw x 2 + 3 negs, bw x 5 negs

run - 1 mile, 13:17 :)55 off previous time) - pr, I think

I forgot my mp3 player, so I wasn't sure how the running would go. Apparently the extra weight of it was holding me back. :laugh:

(I'll claim a pr on it, since it's the best time I've tracked. Still slow, but getting better. Probably because I didn't do it right after a leg w/out.)

dont you hate not having your music. i always get some dumb song stuck in my head that wont go away. and that makes for the longest 45 minutes of cardio.

way to stick with it, and we expect to see another "pr" on the next run.
maybe take the hat and socks off. that will cut down on the wind resistance and save you a few seconds.:thumb:

I'm running inside on a track, at least until it gets nice out, so no hat. But the pants might have to go...

The track is a small one (18 laps/mile), which I think helps. I'll be interested to see what happens when I move outside. But no more treadmills if I can help it. Even if I could have been watching the game...

i think i would get dizzy on a track that small.:mooh:

i hear ya on the cardio... if i don't have my music cardio isn't going to happen. lookin' good with the negs, bro!

Thanks. I had to choose between those and assisted. I took the negs because some asshat was using the assist machine...not for dips, just to rest on, I guess, 'cause I never saw him working.

And since I was doing SS, he of course moved over to rest on the regular dip station. I gave him a dirty look after the second set of tri presses. He moved. :laughed:

Nope...I will likely always be an irregular runner...

Happy Opening day.

Keep up the good work.

Back