• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Top 10 best bodybuilders ever?

Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
(a) Who do you think are the Top 10 best bodybuilders ever are?
(b) Who do you think are the Top 10 best female bodybuilders ever are?
(c) Who do you think are the Top 10 best feamle bodybuilders ever?

ta

I put arnold in the top 10 along with Ferigno as well as Cutler and Coleman, in which order for those 4, I cannot say as they are from different times. Number 1 all of them at certain times. hehe

Arnold, Lee Haney, Sergio Olivia, Dexter Jackson are all awesome bbers with what bbing should be judged however guys like Yates, Ronnie, and Cutler are the best of the "new" type of bbing

1. dorian yates
2.ronnie coleman
3.kevin levrone
4.jay cutler (even though his physique is horribly blocky)
5.bertil fox
6.flex wheeler
7.lee haney
8.sergio olivia
9.dennis wolf
10. nasser el sonbaty

Anorld!

arnold wasnt the best all time, but certainly was up there. but he did the most for the competition. kinda reminds me of randy. but arnold make sweet movies and is a governor, lol wtf, who would have guessed that?
I predicted that here in '96.

1.Lee haney
2.Tom platz
3.serge neubret
4.sergio olivia
5.Ronnie coleman
6.Dorian yates
7.Tony pearson
8.victor martinez
9.shawn ray
10.Rich gaspari

This is based more on my preferences of physique rather than what they did for bodybuilding or whether they are the best in specific terms. These are my favourites. The order of them?I have no idea.

Arnold
Flex Wheeler
Kevin Levrone
Victor Martinez
Ronnie Coleman
Lou Ferigno
Phil Heath
Jay Cutler
Segio Olivia
Zack Khan

IML Gear Cream!
No love for Frank Zane? Come on now.
frank-zane-bodybuilding.jpg

1. Arnold Schwartzenegger
2. Sergio Olivia (should've won in Arnold's last Mr O)
3. Lee Haney (perfect ambassador post Arnold era)
4. Franco Columbo (small man w/a wing span of a Boeing 707)
5. Lee Labrada (Mr. symetry)
6. Frank Zane
7. Vince Gironda .(quality muscle & aesthetics before the juice era. Would still have blown away some guys in today's 202 class)
8. Rich Gaspari (Dragonslayer)
9. Dorian Yates (father of the mass monsters)
10. Ronnie Coleman (8x Mr O who took the mass lovers into the 21st century)

I always liked Lou F. It was cool when he was on King of Queens.

arnold getting a vote?? come on!!!!
the dude was big.... but you asked for greatest bodybuilder, which means, being cut, vascularity, and big. arnold and sergio olivia dont have what todays guys do...the two were my era, but these guys were big... where are the developed cut to shread legs like todays guys. the dudes in the advertisements in magazines that arnt even pro's are as big as arnold, or almost as big, but way more cut.serge nubret, frank zane, bob paris. these guys are cut and defined....franco columbos legs look like the normal big guy at any gym now days. the 60's era and 70's era the guys were big. todays guys are big, ripped to shreaded with veins everywhere. thats bodybuilding your asking about.

(a) Who do you think are the Top 10 best bodybuilders ever are?
(b) Who do you think are the Top 10 best female bodybuilders ever are?
(c) Who do you think are the Top 10 best feamle bodybuilders ever?

ta

Top 10 best male bodybuilders ever...

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
  2. Bill Pearl
  3. Dave Johns
  4. Casey Viator
  5. Steve Reeves
  6. Jim Haislop
  7. Ronnie Coleman
  8. Jay Cutler
  9. Dave Draper
  10. Frank Calta
md1406.jpg

Top 10 best female bodybuilders ever...

1. Lenda Murray
  2. Dayana Cadeau
  3. Juliette Bergmann
  4. Sharon Marvel
  5. Laura Binetti
  6. Iris Kyle
  7. Annie Rivieccio
  8. Claudia Montemaggi
  9. Meral Ertunc
  10. Lisa Lyon

wpw037.jpg

another thing..
and i am no expert on this at all. when the black prince robbie robertson was interviewed a while back the subject on drugs came up. he said in his era, they all took drugs.. but he was quick to point out that the guys today are taking a lot, lot more. so does that mean they are more ripped from the drugs cause they can train longer without tiring out, which may result in a better looking body? hell, i dont know. to me, drugs= a cheater, but thats just me..
anyway, the guys from the 60's 70's looked big, with only a few ripped .. today, all the guys are ripped. what i loved about the older era, that you really dont see as much today.... in any sport, is the comraderie(sp) like the older era. i loved pumping iron.. all the guys training together were competeing against one another. the trained together then hung out and swam and tanned and drank.. love that part of the sport. now days, it seems like everyone hates everyone.look at a nfl game . at the end of the game, its an effort for the coaches to shake hands , and they wernt even the ones bashing heads together all game.
sportsmanship was way better in the 60's 70's, but in my opinion, todays bodybuilders blow away the guys from that era.

another thing..
and i am no expert on this at all. when the black prince robbie robertson was interviewed a while back the subject on drugs came up. he said in his era, they all took drugs.. but he was quick to point out that the guys today are taking a lot, lot more. so does that mean they are more ripped from the drugs cause they can train longer without tiring out, which may result in a better looking body? hell, i dont know. to me, drugs= a cheater, but thats just me..
anyway, the guys from the 60's 70's looked big, with only a few ripped .. today, all the guys are ripped. what i loved about the older era, that you really dont see as much today.... in any sport, is the comraderie(sp) like the older era. i loved pumping iron.. all the guys training together were competeing against one another. the trained together then hung out and swam and tanned and drank.. love that part of the sport. now days, it seems like everyone hates everyone.look at a nfl game . at the end of the game, its an effort for the coaches to shake hands , and they wernt even the ones bashing heads together all game.
sportsmanship was way better in the 60's 70's, but in my opinion, todays bodybuilders blow away the guys from that era.

You're right about today's bodybuilders versus way back when. If today's competitors jumped in a time machine and stepped on stage in the '70s? I guess the record books would be changed in a lot of contests.

So far as the hate or lack of sportsmanship goes, Bill Grant just gave an interview where he offered his take on that exact subject. He stated that whenever money comes into play there's the fact that helping someone might hurt you.

Back in the day there was no money, so they only had their friendships to go by. Today, you help someone or offer a tip to a fellow competitor, you might be losing $10,000!

Jay Cutler has been seen training with Phil Heath in the past, but Heath wasn't really a factor at the time. I wonder if Jay and Phil will be training together leading up to this year's Olympia.

Reg Park
Larry Scott
Arnold
Zane
Columbo
Platz
Haney
Dorian
Levron
Coleman

Though Im a fan of many current BBer's, I dont really consider any of them to be in the top 10, for the simple fact that all the men above have laid the foundation of the sport.
If it wasnt for these guys there woulnt be the BBing we currently see today.

best females .. lenda murray irys kyle , kim chivesky , cory everson laura creavalle , yaxeni oriquen , . the rest follows.

Stepaukas, you make a good point. I agree to some extent that most of today's pros are bigger, however, greatest doesn't always mean biggest. I just prefer yesteryear's classic lines & symetry. Lee Labrada was always my favorite because he was a little guy who could compete with (and beat) the big guys.

IML Gear Cream!
1968 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1969 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1970 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1971 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1972 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1973 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1974 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1975 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1980 Arnold Schwarzenegger
1981 Arnold Schwarzenegger

My Top Ten...(in no particular order).

...based on the potential and or their success at reaching such potential:

1.) Matt Mendenhall
2.) Chuck Sipes
3.) Tom Prince
4.) Larry Scott
5.) Sergio Oliva
6.) Darin Lannaghan
7.) Bob Paris
8.) Vince Taylor
9.) John DeFendis
10.) Eddie Moyzan

Attachments

• top-1.jpg
    top-1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
  • top-2.jpg
    top-2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 13
  • top-3.jpg
    top-3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 14
  • top-4.jpg
    top-4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
  • top-5.jpg
    top-5.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 11
Bodybuilding supplement

Bodybuilding is the fastest way to achieve these goals, as by definition.

I saw old pics of Sergio Oliva and the guy was so ahead of his time,muscle density i have yet to see on someone else...

1. Arnold
2. Sergio
3. Haney
4. Yates
5. Ferrigno
6. Franco
7. Pearl
8. Coleman
9. Cutler
10. Zane

Back