• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

question for IM members

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you consume diet beverages and other zero calorie foods during a cut?

I'll drink a diet soda every now & then....
what 'zero calorie' foods are you referring to?
do you mean stuff like celery?

I do, I know aspartame is not that great for you, but I love diet 7-up, root beer, and orange soda. I drink any of the above when I have cravings for a regular soda.

Splenda in my tea and to use to sweeten blended cottage cheese and protein waffles. Occasionally, sugar-free jello. I don't like pop so I don't drink it.

I'll drink a diet soda every now & then....
what 'zero calorie' foods are you referring to?
do you mean stuff like celery?

I was referring to foods that traditionally have calories but are made without cals using artificial products.

Splenda in my tea and to use to sweeten blended cottage cheese and protein waffles. Occasionally, sugar-free jello. I don't like pop so I don't drink it.

absolutely

Do artificial sweeteners have any physiological effects on the body that differ from water that could effect a cut? Like insulin response and the like.

I was referring to foods that traditionally have calories but are made without cals using artificial products.
Ahhh, ok.
Thanks for clarifying....
I use splenda on a pretty much daily basis in my coffee & oatmeal...

Do artificial sweeteners have any physiological effects on the body that differ from water that could affect a cut? Like insulin response and the like.

Nothing worth worrying about.

IML Gear Cream!
as for physiological effects... I don't really know .
I have read that a splenda packet is roughly the equivalent of one gram of sugar, so if you use a shit load, it would probably have an effect... I don't really know how significant though.

I have read that a splenda packet is roughly the equivalent of one gram of sugar, so if you use a shit load, it would probably have an effect... I don't really know how significant though.

I've heard similar. I'm not that nitpicky, heh.

That stuff is crap and can actually have the opposite effect. Your eyes just told your system 'sweet food', your nose just told your system 'sweet food', your tastebuds etc just told your system 'sweet food'.

So where's the &%$&$$ sweet food?

You just geared your body up for sugar that isn't there.

Seriously, just looking at food can trigger physiological reactions. On the occasional basis something like that won't do much harm but if anything you're likely to get fatter using that stuff. That's actually a patented technique to make lab rats fat; give em large doses of aspartame.

There's a lot of peeps out there that say it damages the part of the brain that regulates hunger. That certainly seems to be the case with mega-doses on rats but I've heard of at least one study that found such 'slimming' products make people fatter. I'll find a link, 'old up..

Calorie-conscious consumers who opt for diet sodas may gain more weight than if they drank sugary drinks because of artificial sweeteners contained in the diet sodas, according to a new study.

A Purdue University study released Sunday in the journal Behavioral Neuroscience reported that rats on diets containing the artificial sweetener saccharin gained more weight than rats given sugary food, casting doubt on the benefits of low-calorie sweeteners.

"There's something about diet foods that changes your metabolic limit, your brain chemistry," said ABC News' medical contributor Dr. Marie Savard.

Though Savard said more research needs to be done to uncover more information, the study does hint at the idea that the sweeteners alter a person's metabolism.

Savard said another recent study, which included more than 18,000 people, found healthy adults who consumed at least one diet drink a day could increase their chance for weight gain.

In the Purdue study, the rats whose diets contained artificial sweeteners appeared to experience a physiological connection between sweet tastes and calories, which drove them to overeat.

"The taste buds taste sweet, but there's no calorie load that comes with it. There's a mismatch here. It seems it changes your brain chemistry in some way," Savard said. "Anything you put in your mouth, your body has a strong reaction to it. It's much more than counting calories. It seems normally with sweet foods that we rev up our metabolism."

ABC News: Can Diet Soda Make You Fat?

Dunno why they seem so surprised about the rats, like I say it's a well-proven technique. Do a search for MSG-Treated Rats

Aspartame/MSG is not the same as saccharin but if anything that's what you most commonly find in diet soda etc.

B.

I can see Biggly's post being true...after all women can use their mind/worry to the point their bodies act pregers....that to me seems more far fetched but its true.

I do, but very sparingly. Usually 2-3 splenda packets in one cup of coffee or tea a day, and some sugar free syrup on my oats.

That stuff is crap and can actually have the opposite effect. Your eyes just told your system 'sweet food', your nose just told your system 'sweet food', your tastebuds etc just told your system 'sweet food'.

So where's the &%$&$$ sweet food?

You just geared your body up for sugar that isn't there.

Seriously, just looking at food can trigger physiological reactions. On the occasional basis something like that won't do much harm but if anything you're likely to get fatter using that stuff. That's actually a patented technique to make lab rats fat; give em large doses of aspartame.

There's a lot of peeps out there that say it damages the part of the brain that regulates hunger. That certainly seems to be the case with mega-doses on rats but I've heard of at least one study that found such 'slimming' products make people fatter. I'll find a link, 'old up..

Calorie-conscious consumers who opt for diet sodas may gain more weight than if they drank sugary drinks because of artificial sweeteners contained in the diet sodas, according to a new study.

A Purdue University study released Sunday in the journal Behavioral Neuroscience reported that rats on diets containing the artificial sweetener saccharin gained more weight than rats given sugary food, casting doubt on the benefits of low-calorie sweeteners.

"There's something about diet foods that changes your metabolic limit, your brain chemistry," said ABC News' medical contributor Dr. Marie Savard.

Though Savard said more research needs to be done to uncover more information, the study does hint at the idea that the sweeteners alter a person's metabolism.

Savard said another recent study, which included more than 18,000 people, found healthy adults who consumed at least one diet drink a day could increase their chance for weight gain.

In the Purdue study, the rats whose diets contained artificial sweeteners appeared to experience a physiological connection between sweet tastes and calories, which drove them to overeat.

"The taste buds taste sweet, but there's no calorie load that comes with it. There's a mismatch here. It seems it changes your brain chemistry in some way," Savard said. "Anything you put in your mouth, your body has a strong reaction to it. It's much more than counting calories. It seems normally with sweet foods that we rev up our metabolism."

ABC News: Can Diet Soda Make You Fat?

Dunno why they seem so surprised about the rats, like I say it's a well-proven technique. Do a search for MSG-Treated Rats

Aspartame/MSG is not the same as saccharin but if anything that's what you most commonly find in diet soda etc.

B.

I'm not going to debase this, but I would like to see how the human study was performed, it sounds sketchy as hell.

"I've heard of at least one study that found such "'slimming' products make people fatter."" That is a very bold statement. The article, or whatever it is, makes very general claims that don't pertain to any sort of specific diet behavior. Sounds like some scare study that gets stuck on the front page of Yahoo.

as far as food no. i eat clean most of the time any way. for drinks yes when i am on a cut i try and cut out as much sugar as possible. i drink the sobe adrenaline sugar free. nice kick in the morning.

Nothing but water here, for 11 months now. Just waiting for someone to tell me that is not good for you

IML Gear Cream!
dont drink so much water its bad for:evil2:

Good to finally hear that, now back it up with the facts, smartass!

I'm not going to debase this, but I would like to see how the human study was performed, it sounds sketchy as hell.

Probably was but that's true of most 'slimming' studies. After all, the people drinking diet cola are likely to be the ones trying to lose weight, so one would expect them to be fatter - did they gain weight is the question. However there's a lot more out there than that one study.

I think you would need a pretty major dose of the stuff to cause real brain damage but the issue of how the body reacts is well-documente.

We don't refer to some foods as "mouth watering" for nothing. The body will literally produce more sylvia when looking at sweet stuff, as the body uses it to help break down sugars. If your mouth is physically responding one would presume other parts are too.

Consider also that one can get an erection or wet etc just by looking.

So is it any great surprise that looking at, smelling and then tasting something that effectively isn't there, in terms of the expected sugar load, could cause problems?

I recall as a kid being told that nibbling one's fingernails could cause heartburn, ie acid reflux, due to the body producing digestive juices ready for the "meal" you're eating that never comes. I don't know for certain if that's true but a survival technique is to suck on a clean stone to stave off hunger pangs.

The body is more than just a dumb chemical reaction waiting to happen, your body sees the food, smells it, tastes it, feels the texture and most certainly would be preparing for incoming sugar. So the question is, how does the body react to increased insulin etc without any sugar to play with?

One thing is for certain, it throws the body out of balance. How quickly it recovers and just what the effects are is perhaps still a bit murky but 'sugar free' soda strikes me as being about as smart as 'easy credit'. Sooner or later there's some form of impact, and probably not a good one.

B.

There are big and there are small players in diet.

A few packets of artificial sweeter are "small players". Nobody here is living on massive quantities of fake food. I'm confident my well-fed body will forgive me the odd dietary indiscretion.

ummm hmmm the facts are that i um. if you drink to much water you will have to pee all the time. i see no problem with drinking just water as long as you are getting all your vitamins and stuff from other sources. if your diet were not in check or you were not taking in vitamins. then i would say a all water diet could be bad.

What kind of vitamins do you get from soda or tea

i was actualy refering to juice, milk healthy choices. sorry i should have been a little more clear with that.

i've grown so accustomed to water that if diet coke doesn't have rum in it....or if i'm not drinking milk, i can't handle anything else.

i dont drink milk becouse i cant. from time to time i drink a sobe. mostly water, oj, and grapefruit on occasion.

I have 1-2 cups of milk a day with my oats and sometimes with a shake at night if I don't get my protein in. I

Back