For you shooters: My IDPA promo vid...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

For you shooters: My IDPA promo vid...

Hey all. Here’s a short vid I put up from an IDPA match I did. It’s hard to film, shoot, get others to film while you shoot, etc, etc, so forgive the incomplete nature of the vid, but I think it gets the idea to those who may have never tried it. Did it as a promo thing…

It was a small match and raining, so I just got some quick vid of the guys in my squad. These are not uber high level shooters (including yours truly) or anything, but as you all know who actually shoot (vs watch TV), shooting well while moving, having other things moving, using cover, tactical reloads, not hitting the “no shoots,” etc, etc is much easier said than done…practice, practice, practice, and all that…

If you have not done an IDPA match, it’s some of the best training a civilian can get on a regular basis without going broke (can’t fly off to Thunder Ranch every weekend!) and great for most LEO who may not get much shooting time via their depts., and such, which is why a good % of shooters at IDPA are LEO. Enjoy:

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Are you shooting at the target that has their hands up in surrender?

I approve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Are you shooting at the target that has their hands up in surrender?
    Not if I can help it, no! Those are good guys or "no shoots" and you get points down for shooting them. I hit none today, and they tend to put them in harms way all the time, so you have to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    I approve.
    Now that's not nice!

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm impressed by the way you dealt with those bits of wood. I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that one less gang of 2x4" planks are out there to break into my house at night and rob me.

Good shootin'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    I'm impressed by the way you dealt with those bits of wood. I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that one less gang of 2x4" planks are out there to break into my house at night and rob me.

Good shootin'.
    You sarcasm is noted, and it lets me know you don't know much about shooting. Regardless, IDPA is some of the best experience you will get in that area, and why so many cops, etc shoot IDPA, as it's FAR better then the training they get via the dept. they work for unless they are on the tactical teams. Anyway, people who enjoy shooting who want to improve their defensive skills, will enjoy IDPA. Those who don't should not comment on things they have no knowledge or experience with.

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You sarcasm is noted, and it lets me know you don't know much about shooting. Regardless, IDPA is some of the best experience you will get in that area, and why so many cops, etc shoot IDPA, as it's FAR better then the training they get via the dept. they work for unless they are on the tactical teams. Anyway, people who enjoy shooting who want to improve their defensive skills, will enjoy IDPA. Those who don't should not comment on things they have no knowledge or experience with.
    Actually, I have no opinion on shooting. i was just being silly, no malice or sarcasm intended in the post. Just wanted to see how you respond.

I'm interested in my own brand of "smart-ass anthopology".

Edit: I do have one opinion on shooting: Fuck hunters. Not fair game. Shooting inanimate objects for self defence practice is fine by me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Actually, I have no opinion on shooting. i was just being silly, no malice or sarcasm intended in the post. Just wanted to see how you respond.
    It came across as sarcasm to me, but I am also being defensive about it too, so apologies there. Just trying to promote the shooting sports out there, which can be a real blast regardless if they end up saving you from bad guys or what ever.

And I damn fine job you are doing!

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

It came across as sarcasm to me, but I am also being defensive about it too, so apologies there. Just trying to promote the shooting sports out there, which can be a real blast regardless if they end up saving you from bad guys or what ever.

And I damn fine job you are doing!
    Haha, I have shot in the past, including machine guns. Rather enjoyable, and does require a good bit of skill. But I could never shoot an animal, nor do I want to.

Paintball does me for now, but what you did in the vid looks a lot of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Haha, I have shot in the past, including machine guns. Rather enjoyable, and does require a good bit of skill. But I could never shoot an animal, nor do I want to.
    I'm not a hunter and don't have much interest shooting animals either. Would rather take a picture of a deer then shoot holes in it, but I do have friends that hunt, and as long as they eat it, I am fine with it.

Paintball does me for now, but what you did in the vid looks a lot of fun.
    Paintball is a blast also, agreed!

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I'd like to go to a shooting range and try out some pistols one day, but I don't know of any good ones in the area and I just don't have time right now. Put it on the list with rock climbing, white water rafting, skydiving, etc. I need to start doing shit on the weekends after I graduate, mark some of those goals off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Edit: I do have one opinion on shooting: Fuck hunters. Not fair game. Shooting inanimate objects for self defence practice is fine by me.
    What are you the worlds only vegan bodybuilder..

Founder of GOSB
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Very cool vid. We try to do some fast target shooting while moving when we qualify each year. It's not quite as nice as that IDPA range, but still lots of fun. And most people don't realize how hard it is to hit a target like that with an instructor pushing you for time. Glad you posted that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Very cool vid. We try to do some fast target shooting while moving when we qualify each year. It's not quite as nice as that IDPA range, but still lots of fun. And most people don't realize how hard it is to hit a target like that with an instructor pushing you for time. Glad you posted that.
    Are you LEO? I know the basic LEO quals have essentially no movement, at last the the depts. I know of, which is too bad. For sure, people have no idea how hard it is to hit such things while moving etc as they have seen too many movies.

Founder of GOSB
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Are you LEO? I know the basic LEO quals have essentially no movement, at last the the depts. I know of, which is too bad. For sure, people have no idea how hard it is to hit such things while moving etc as they have seen too many movies.
    Yep, small town NE of Charlotte. The Justice academy has no requirements for movement, but we have had a police chief (retired NC highway patrol) that has been doing our training the last several yrs. His PD has a big range out in the country and he puts some of that into our training, which I like. It gives you some "real life" situations to practice with that you don't otherwise get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Nice shooting. Its hard to see, but it looks like at least two different 1911s. Is that mainly what you shoot? I bet .45 gets expensive.