• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Opinions on current cutting diet? Change?

andrew1989

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello,
I am currently carb cycling and it doesn't seem to working as affectively for me as i am have heard. I am 175 pounds and around i would guess 16-18% bodyfat. I want to cut down before I go on a bulk and because i have never even been slimmer than this. I was hoping to get some other opinions on this.

I wonder if another type of cutting diet would work better for me. Maybe something like this with some slight adjustments since i am not 200 lbs, Outline of Dave Palumbo's Diet For Cutting - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anyways, I lift Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday. I do HIIT on Mon, Wed, and Sat. On days when I don't do HIIT I usually take an hour long walk or use the 60% heart rate feature on the exercise bike.

My current plan is:
No carb: Tues, Thurs, Sun

Meal 1: 2 scoops of whey, 5g fish oil, mult vitamin

Meal 2: 5 eggs whites, 1 reg egg, 1/2 cup almonds

Meal 3: chicken breast or can of tuna, broccoli, 5g fish oil

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey, 5g fish oil

Meal 5: Chicken breast or tuna, broccoli, salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil

Meal 6: tuna with 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1.5 cups cottage cheese

Low Carb: Wed and Sat

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey with berries, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 5g fish oil

Meal 2: tuna, 1 cup cooked brown rice, apple

Meal 3: Chicken Breast, Broccoli, 5g fish oil

Meal 4: 2 Scoops whey

Meal 5: Chicken Breast or tuna, 1 cup cooked brown rice, apple, 5 g fish oil

Meal 6: tuna with 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1.5 cups cottage cheese, fish oil

High Carb: Friday and Monday

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey, berries, rice or oats, 5g fish oil

Meal 2: Chicken breast or tuna, rice or oats, apple

Meal 3: Chicken breast or tuna, broccoli, 5g fish oil

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey, berries, rice or oats

Meal 5: Chicken breast or tuna, rice or oats, apple, 5g fish oil

Meal 6: tuna with 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1.5 cups cottage cheese, fish oil

Built can help you, she's great with this. Crunch time, let me warn you!

Could I trouble you to post up the macros for these days? (By macros, I mean grams of protein, carb and fat, and total calories. I don't care what the percentages are.)

Also your maintenance calories, and I'd be interested to see how you lift, but the diet first, please.

Yeah no problem.

No carb day. 1901 calories based on meal 3 and 5 being a chicken breast and meal 6 being a can of tuna and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Fat - 58 grams
Protein - 296 grams
Carbohydrates - 40 grams

Low carb day 2,589 calories based on meal 3 and 5 being a chicken breast and meal 6 being a can of tuna and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Fat - 51 grams
Protein - 312 grams
Carbohydrates - 202 grams

high carb day 3313 calories based on meal 2 being tuna, 3 and 5 being chicken breast, and 6 being tuna and 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Fat - 57 grams
Protein - 327 grams
Carbohydrates - 356 grams

With no exercise my maintenance is around 2700.

What is your maintenance WITH exercise?

On a day with lifting and HIIT a calculator said 3400. If you wanted to know how i lift my routine is as follows, thanks.

Monday: chest, tris, abs
Tues: legs and calves
Thurs: shoulders, traps, abs
Fri: Back, biceps, calves

I don't actually care what a calculator said your maintenance is.

I want to know how many calories YOU PERSONALLY actually consume to neither gain nor lose weight.

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal enter your food, take an average in a few days. That is YOUR maintenance. To cut, drop calories by about 20%. Don't change your training at first; over time, drop volume, lift heavy, add in a little HIIT...

Back