• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Solar Energy!!!!

bigss75

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know maniclion works for an solar company. Any one have some solar energy companies for a long play besides First Solar, Sanyo, Kyocera, and Evergreen Solar?

Nanosolar is going to be a good one when it IPOs, but don't expect to be able to get into it at a bargain price. That IPO will be as hot or hotter than VMWare, and I made the mistake of getting into it soon after.

1 dollar a watt is pretty cheap stuff for nanosolar

1 dollar a watt is pretty cheap stuff for nanosolar
Yeah but how much space does that watt take up? The higher the efficiency the less space the solar modules will take up so the more you can fit on a typical homes roof space. Right now the most efficient "lab tested" module is made by Sunpower, problem is that I've seen their modules and they have black frames and black backing material and that means the module will get hotter than a silver framed white backed so you'll lose 5% or more of that efficiency. My company sells Solar World and Kyocera the reason for this is we have a long standing relationship with them and even when they become harder to obtain they still keep us supplied with modules unlike some of the other companies who will sell all of their modules to the larger one time installs and forget about companies like us who have consistently bought modules through the years.

But anyway the big players are Kyocera, Sanyo, Sharp, Mitsubishi, BP, Solarworld, Sunpower, Suntech, Schott, etc Check out the Cali. CEC List of Eligible PV for even more names....

You should also look into the other areas of the market like the Inverters, Outback, SMA, Fronius, Magnum, PVPowered, etc.

Also manufacturers of testing, cutting and other equipment needed to to build PV Factories...
Solar Energy Manufacturers - Solar Panels & Cells, Glazing, Energy Shingles...

Yeah but how much space does that watt take up? The higher the efficiency the less space the solar modules will take up so the more you can fit on a typical homes roof space.

The cells being produced by Nanosolar are being rolled off of a printing press kind of like a newspaper, it's a completely different type of solar technology. What that technology could mean is that you may not be confined to "just" your roof anymore - you could potentially make house paint that can harness solar energy, pave your driveway with pavement that can harness it, and so on. It's a lot bigger than just a solar panel in this case.

The cells being produced by Nanosolar are being rolled off of a printing press kind of like a newspaper, it's a completely different type of solar technology. What that technology could mean is that you may not be confined to "just" your roof anymore - you could potentially make house paint that can harness solar energy, pave your driveway with pavement that can harness it, and so on. It's a lot bigger than just a solar panel in this case.
Their are few places in the world where having solar on a vertical surface makes since like anywhere north of Montana in the Winter and that would only be beneficial on the south facing walls. Pavement ends up cracking then a whole section would lose it's continuity. Efficiency matters big time thats why they are toying with stuff other than the silcon and CIFS Thin Films in use today....

What exactly is your intention, bigss? I wouldn't use solar energy for pretty much anything. Or is it just out of curiosity?

I don't want to use solar energy, I am researching companies for stocks, I think the sector will get hot in the next couple of months.

I don't want to use solar energy, I am researching companies for stocks, I think the sector will get hot in the next couple of months.
It's already hot big time. With the Federal Tax Credit hanging over the fire to expire at the end of this year there just aren't enough installers to keep up with the demand. People are tossing several thousand dollar checks on my desk like nothing. I've been working 12 hour days plus 6-8 hours on Saturday and am barely making a dent in the mound of work I have to do to get supplies in and out, systems designed, quotes made up, orders punched into the computer, checks cleared, deciding when and where to drop modules, inverters, and other base of system parts to make sure I can fill everyones orders on time. One of the larger jobs the Secretary of the DOE will be throwing the switch on. We have sent in Purchase Orders for over 6000 solar panels and almost all of them are guaranteed sold. And don't forget about solar water heating which is also very much in demand right now and will really go crazy here in Hawaii in 2010 when the mandatory bill to install it on every new home goes into effect.:thumb:

SB644 CD1

Back