• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Summers here... time to FINALLY get that body

ArnoldsProtege

VandelayIndustries
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys. Im hovering around 205 right now at 5'11, and I have been for the last few months. I lost about 45 lbs since last year, and I was entering the summer at THIS time a year ago at about 230. Its time to finally become fit.

I have always been a very muscular guy. I have great upper body definition, my shoulders are broad and rounded, big traps, good arms... the TOP of my chest is good lol... but thats where I get hampered by some naggy ass, disgusting and useless fat. I have fat on my chest and midsection, and some on my thighs, and it is being quite stubborn. Like I said, im 19 years old, in the prime of my life, and im sick of being flabby. I have the body that when I DO get cut and lose the fat, im gonna be jacked. Id love to get some advice from anyone whos been in this positions, with that last 10-20 lbs to lose before they get fit, or anyone in general.

Do you guys receomnd any fatburners/drugs/supps? Im currently taking a multivitamin with green tea extract, and a 1000 mg fish oil pill. I also have 1-2 protein shakes a day. I was really tempted to get on a fat buyrner for a month or two, just because im exercising quite abit as it is, I might as well get the most bang for my buck.

I was also wondering what you guys would recomend in terms of a weight training program...right now im doing PRRS training, with the one week power, one week rep range and the third week shock, but i think im gonna gravitate to like, a 6 day, uper body/lowerbody/total body split. because I am already very musclar; I wouldnt even mind losing 5-10 lbs of muscle (although thats DEFIITELY not ideal) along with the 20 lbs of fat i need gone, i think i could spare that loss and still be in great shape lol. My main goals are losing BF% and getting down to around 190 by the end of summer, wich is HIGHLY attainable. What do you guys think for training/diet/supps? any and all advice is appreciated, thanks again.

pic1.jpg

Heres what I look like now (it was taken a month or two ago, I am more muscular now. but u get the idea.)

I like my upper body, but i can do without the spare tire and the man boobs lol

You do not have man boobs! LOL!

Seriously, you won't have trouble with this.

First up is your diet. FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

Post up your macros. Grams of protein, carb and fat, and total calories.

I don't want to hear your meal plan, okay? Just the numbers.

plus try to cut out any alcohol
i know its summer, time to party, but that can have alot to do with the "spare tire". Legs are very important! I love seeing a guy w nice set of wheels

haha I know about the alcohol.. beleive it or not, i have been alcohol free for the past month or so in an effort to get results.. and THAT is hard to do at a kegger!

I AM doing legs, just as often as I am training everything else. I guess my diet is definitely the issue here, and Built has pointed that out...

Can you guys give any recomendations for a diet to follow? I mean, I eat well, but I definitely am not being as calculated as I could be (as in, im pretty much not at all). The only problem is, im out and about alot, and its hard for me to plan everything out. Also, I hate the idea of eating the same foods over and over again.. any suggestions here for a way of devising a diet, sticking to it and tracking it? I am not picky at all, and would be open to a diverse diet with eggs,oatmeal, tuna, chicken breast, etc... even just like, a menu or a grocery list when YOU guys go shopping for your meals.. its time to actually *account* for what im eating instead of just eating "poretty good".

As for the workout, I am leaning towards an upperbody/lowerbody/total body split, 6 times a week. I want to go hard, and be out of breath and burn lots of calories while weight training... the PRRS training system is amazing, but i think that 6 shorter, more intenste total body workouts a week would help me reach my fat loss goal faster. I also LOATHE cardio on machines, and am using basketball, tenniss, football, soccer, basically ANY outdoor sports (including some jogging/spritning) to get my heart going and the sweat pouring.

What do you guys think about my plan? I could reeeally use some advice, its time to lose the fat for good!

p.s I do have minor man boobage Built, you just cant see it in that pic! lol

Thansk alot in advance guys, i really appreciate it.

Dude, I hate it so bad I wrote a whole article on how to do as little as possible!

Thing is, I love sprinting. All 15 seconds of it. Everything I do is to build up work capacity for those fuckers. As long as your knees are okay, you can be pretty damned big and still sprint. Can't exactly say that about <shudders> jogging…

See, I love sprinting, but i hate SPRINTING.. if that makes sense. I mean, I play tonnes of sports: soccer, football, basketball (especially good for sprinting; a full court game is essentially a long, fun version of HIIT training.) and I play all of these sports as hard as I can. In fact, whenever I go play, I look at it as a cardio oppurtunity, and while some of my friends are playing leisurely/lazilly, I am sprinting up and down the court lol. HOWEVER, I have triiiiiied for the life of me to go to the park and do some sprint intervals, but for the life of me, I cant bring myself to do it often. I absolutely loathe it. On the other hand, if im playing soccer, ill sprint back and forth, the 100m feild again and again for houuurs, and think nothing of it. I guess its a mental thing for me (as in, it drives me mental).

As for my diet... I have been reading your blog built (and might I say, you are pretty darn built lol) and there is some great information there, as well as inspiration. I already have a fit day account, and have had one for awhile. the only problem for me is that I eat alot of crazy foods that I dont know the stats for.. Im greek, and I live with my grandparents, and they are alllways making these crazy concoctions.. for instance, today I had a... i guess it can only be described as a stew... involving artichokes, peas, onions,garlic,celery, olive oil,tomatoes and a number of other ingredients. I eat a lot of food like this (beans, vegetables, meats, salads, bread, fish, etc) wich is healthy
, but not your typical food and hard to track on fit day (by hard I mean a pain in the friggin ass). The other drawback is that I have been eating large portions my entire life, as was the norm in my familly (it helped baloon me to over 250 lbs at 5'8). I am now past that though, and am eating probly half of what everyone else is.

What I was doing before was getting a grocery list, and going and getting my own foods. Id buy simple, solid foods like canned tuna, chicken breast, beef jerky, cottage cheese, mixed nuts, fruits, etc... however, financially I cant do that anymore, and I sort of stopped caring about diet because I figured I was eating good as i was. Also, as a full time student, with a part time job, as well as many other time consuming ventures, it is MUCH easier and less stressful for me to just eat what is being made in my house, than to make my own meals every day. The exception, is on wing/take out/frozen food night, in wich a couple of eggs, eggwhites and a slice of bread are a must.

Now I am starting to realize the error of that thinking, as I am "eating good", exercising regularly and weight lifting like a beast, and yet, the scale is hovering still around 205-207.

So, my plan is to continue on the PRRS type training system, because I have done it before, and I know it works great, but im going to tweak it for a more cardiovascular approach. As for my diet...well, ill have to work on that. I am making a log of what I am eating today, and I will do so for the next few days. Ill plug it in to fitday, and Ill give the specs. Thanks a bunch for the help/advice, it is greatly apprecaited.

p.s does anyone dabble with SS cardio in the morning before breakfast? I am thinking about starting a 20-30 minute jog 6 days a week right after I wake up to see if that works for getting fat off for me.

IML Gear Cream!
Dude, I hate it so bad I wrote a whole article on how to do as little as possible!

Thing is, I love sprinting. All 15 seconds of it. Everything I do is to build up work capacity for those fuckers. As long as your knees are okay, you can be pretty damned big and still sprint. Can't exactly say that about <shudders> joggingâ???¦

yeah I don't mind sprinting either. I'm not sure why, maybe because its over so quick. haha.

I'd still rather lift til I can't move though haha.

Wow - Greek. Real, homemade Greek food. DAMN.

Listen, you have some choices here:
  1. Fitday the entire recipe, weigh it cooked, and programme it in as a custom food. This way you can weigh out any amount you like and just record it. I do this with some things I make regularly, such as curry and some of my baked goods.
  2. Eyeball the portion you consume of these foods, make sure they're never any different (ie don't take seconds) and just assume them as background noise in your diet while you manipulate everything else.
  3. Create a "random cheat item" of, say, 500 calories with equal calories from protein, carb and fat. Eyeball any "deviant" food items as fractions or multiples of this cheat item and use it to roughly track on fitday. I have one of these in my custom foods, and I use it for when I go out to a potluck, that sort of thing.

Regarding the fasted AM cardio - don't bother. It burns so few calories, it's not worth the trouble. Just eat a tablespoon less olive oil every day and be done with it. Seriously.

Don't try to cardio off the fat. It's not worth the effort. Look to your diet for this. One of the easiest things you can do is to sub out a portion of starch with a portion of vegetable. For example, have a salad with whatever you would have had on a sandwich, or have a side of steamed broccoli instead of rice with your meal. You need veggies anyway, and this saves you a few hundred easy calories a day with very little change to the way you eat now.

Thanks for the help built... so far ive recorded two days... and I already notice I am watching what I eat MUCH closer now that I am recording everything... geez, its even making me think twice about if I used 1 or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, or if I had ketchup with my eggs! but in a good way:)

I decided Im just going to cut my portions down and be wise with my carb intake... realistically, I KNOW I was not eating ALOT of food , but too much to be in a deficit daily, wich is what I need. I am already very active, and gym 3-5 times a week, along with sports... these last 15 will be a breeze!

Also, I read that you had great success with the Atkins diet... I am starting to add elements of that to my meals. Sort of. For instance, today instead of having a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana ( a favorite of mine) I only had ONE slice instead. Or when I had dinner today, I had half the amount of potatoes I normally do (more like 1/3). And earlier, instead of making a tuna sandwich, I just emptid it into a bowl, added salt, pepper, lemon and crushed walnuts and was good to go. Do you try to cut them out all together, or do you think little changes like this should get me to where I want to be?( im at 205 right now.. goal is a lean 185-190 lbs) Thanks again

Thanks for the help built... so far ive recorded two days... and I already notice I am watching what I eat MUCH closer now that I am recording everything... geez, its even making me think twice about if I used 1 or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, or if I had ketchup with my eggs! but in a good way:)

I decided Im just going to cut my portions down and be wise with my carb intake... realistically, I KNOW I was not eating ALOT of food , but too much to be in a deficit daily, wich is what I need. I am already very active, and gym 3-5 times a week, along with sports... these last 15 will be a breeze!

Also, I read that you had great success with the Atkins diet... I am starting to add elements of that to my meals. Sort of. For instance, today instead of having a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana ( a favorite of mine) I only had ONE slice instead. Or when I had dinner today, I had half the amount of potatoes I normally do (more like 1/3). And earlier, instead of making a tuna sandwich, I just emptid it into a bowl, added salt, pepper, lemon and crushed walnuts and was good to go. Do you try to cut them out all together, or do you think little changes like this should get me to where I want to be?( im at 205 right now.. goal is a lean 185-190 lbs) Thanks again

haha damn bro, im the exact opposite from you. im definitly a 'hardgainier', i'd be eating 5 slices of that pb&banana bread!

best of luck to you though.

haha thanks man... ahhh sometimes im not sure wich life i would choose if i had the option... to be a hardgainer or an easy one. I can put on 5 lbs of fat from just LOOKING at a big mac... and at the same time, I put on muscle as easy as I put on my clothes in the morning lol.

I dunno what Id pick... just be thankful that you can EAT EAT EAT! haha food is awesome...wait, cant think like that anymore..."food is just a means to support and vitalize my body, and should be viewed as nutrition and clean fuel, and not taken for enjoyment, but necessity..." thats more like it :D ahh the life of a easygainer...

haha thanks man... ahhh sometimes im not sure wich life i would choose if i had the option... to be a hardgainer or an easy one. I can put on 5 lbs of fat from just LOOKING at a big mac... and at the same time, I put on muscle as easy as I put on my clothes in the morning lol.

I dunno what Id pick... just be thankful that you can EAT EAT EAT! haha food is awesome...wait, cant think like that anymore..."food is just a means to support and vitalize my body, and should be viewed as nutrition and clean fuel, and not taken for enjoyment, but necessity..." thats more like it :D ahh the life of a easygainer...

haha i know it, itd be a hard choice. im 17 and my metabolism is fast as hell, so i have to triple what i eat to gain weight, i'd rather be a hardgainer, so if i wasnt muscular i'd still be skinny than fat.

yeaaah thats probly a wise choice lol. Although, I have a friend who is the definition of a hardgainer @ 135 lbs at 6'0.. and id definitely rather be me, fat and all lol. Im 19, so I WISH my metablism was triple fast.. but it could be worse. im realizing now that since I moved from my grandmothers store (we used to own a convenience store..chips,pop,icecream, candy... EVERYTHING... was at my disposal... on a daily basis lol) Ive come down from my peak weight at 250lbs, to 205 and havent really gained back. Hopefully, deep down, i DO have a regular/fast metabolism, and my body is just recovering from years of sugar coated abuse?

The "magic" of Atkins is that a low-carb, high-fat diet is satiating, particularly while very overweight.

I'm careful with my carb intake because it makes appetite easier to manage. No real other reason than that - but that's enough, yanno?

No need to eliminate your carbs. But what you DO consume, target to the meal before and the meal or two after you lift.

Happy cutting!

I dig :) thanks for the help built.

btw, you are very inspirational! I didnt even think that was you in that pic until I checked out your site... your abs are ripped to shreds! Did u ever take any fatburners or supplements while you were doing your cutting?

I'm 42 years old in that shot, so thank you very much, you just made an old broad's day!

I took ephedrine and caffeine for that one, but mostly that was just for appetite control and energy. I trained heavy, low volume intense workouts, HIIT a few times a week, minimal cardio, careful diet, plenty of protein and healthy fat, carb cycling so I'd have carbs for my lifts.

I'm doing the same thing now, but I'm older and I'm on hormone replacement this time, so I'll be interested to see what happens.

The training and diet I follow is all on my blog. Link is in my user profile.

IML Gear Cream!
Hi

Lol Arnold, Im having the same situation as you. I got a great upper body, my strenght is high but I have that extra fat and a bad diet. One of the main reasons to this because I lost all motivation to working out or dieting..but things change and im also turning 19 in a month..I gotta start loving my body now because if not later on i'd be whining about how i should have worked out heh.

I was so fully of knowledge 2 years ago, I learned everything from the masters here and I had an amazing diet..Haha oh and I follow PRRS too :D and been for a long time, great routine. I also have the same food issues; Im not greek, my close friend is but Im from the middle east and I eat a lot of similar homade food with the stew/soups/rice/macaroni and all the homemade food.

This thread is very inspiration, I read every post in it haha. And Built your amazing, I used to be here daily about a year ago and never saw you here but thank god your here lol. And thanks for the great blog. Its the blogs now adays that I can use to regain my knowledge back. Im sick of this body lol, Im not fat Im at 194lbs and want to get at 180at least by end of august or so.

All the best to you Arnold, hope you reach your goal! and do tell us about it when you do so you can motivate me and others lol.

haha thanks dude... and yes, buiilt is awesome! and ripped! lol...

digital, the single best peice of advice I can give you if you are looking to shed the last bit of fat and lean out, is have a food journal! I have been monitoring what ive been eating for the past 4 days, and it makes it sooo much harder to eat that extra pizza slice or even those extra 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter!
My plan, after much talk and advice, is as follows:

- I am going to be on a calorie reduced diet, and limiting my obvious carb intakes to pre/post workout (I use the word obvious when refering to pastas, rices, breads, potatoes, etc...anything that is 100% carb. there are carbs in many other fruits and vegetables, but I am not monitoring those nearly as much).
-I am also cutting calories everywhere I can.. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter instead of 2, 1 slice of bread instead of a sandwich, half a baked potato, 2 slices of pizza and a salad instead of 6 lmao... and I am closely monitoring EVERYTHING I put in my mouth... that includes sauces, margarines, handful of fries, etc.
- I am doing HIIT twice a week, but in the form of basketball.. I know some people love sprints and stand by them, but I think I would rather have gangrene than endure 20 minutes of hard sprinting at the track lol.
- I am modifying the PRRS training system to cater to my new, fat burning needs. My plan is as follows for the week;

PUSH
PULL
LEGS
TOTAL BODY/COMPLEXES (On this day im gonna do alot of total body exercises... clean and presses, squatting barbell curls... wanna recruit the most muscle possible and become a better athlete)

SO basically the plan is to change my life (seriously). I am no longer going to be a fat person.. no longer binging on pizza, no more extra servings of cake, no more halfing half a tub of ice cream, none of that... I am going to eat, live and think as a lean, fit person, as that is what I am going to become :)

P.S If anyone can recomend or post a program they suggest or have done that would cater to my goal (body fat reduction, muscle mass retention) while cutting/in a caloric deficit... please, share! lol thanks alot.

Thanks man.

And your advice is probably the best advice ever. I know this becaue I already have a journal, actually my own fitness blog. I used to write about my weight + food + exercise + body stability daily, until I left it because I couldnt work out due to moving to a new house without any gyms near by.
The journal idea is great, cause it allows you to have a reason not to eat junk and that reason is to write about it in your journal and feel proud haha. :nerd:

I've read those articles Built has given after visiting her blog (I honestly thought Built was a guy, She's hot :nail:) Im gonna go study abit more on this diet stuff, I even bought a little book for it. Just to learn about nutrients and more about protein/fat/carbs/sugar etc..

Heh I also bought the fitday program and its orgasmic. I'm gonna stop bothering your thread and make mine :)

Back