• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

supplement questions

macdole99

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey guys im looking for supplements to help me gain muscle and lose body fat. i do have a large amount of body fat but i have gotten my diet i order now. any recommendations on supplements? i was thinking of trying the no explode and cellmass for muscle mass but as for fat loss i wanted to try something thats not too high in caffeine. thanks in advance guys.

Diet. :)

Other than that I'd look into low-intensity cardio PWO, HIIT on off days or 12 hours away from your weight lifting sessions. As for supplementation I'd look into multi, fish oil, whey protein, micronized creatine monhydrate. Scorch v3 is a good stim burner and Lean Xtreme is great non-stim fat burner.

hoodia

add some hoodia to help curb the cravings, cause trust me, theyll be a coming!

in my opinion the no-xplode and the cellmass will only increase water retention. not a bad thing for packing on some temporary mass, and the no-xplode can giv sum crazy pumps, but if your trying to cut the weight and go lean you should look into some other pre and post workout combos

Forget supps. Get your diet and training program in order. Diet and training is probably more than 95% of your progress. Supps are for the last 5%.

^ agreed. Fix up your diet and your training first. You will get so much more from that than you will from a supplement, you won't even notice the supplements until you do.

The problem with jumping head first into training by taking supplements at the onset is you can't really tell what result is consequent of what. Then you get into a pattern of relying on the supplements, even if they had nothing to do with those initial results. AND, the beginner always progressing fantastic in relation to other stages of development, the person in question often assumes the cessation of improvement is a cause of not adjusting the supplements properly.

Supplements that are awesome: whey protein mix, insulin spiking post workout drink, multivitamin. Creatine is great, too. Ephedrine and Caffeine and of course others can make the list. Plenty out there are worth an attempt. In many cases, a few are so helpful in progress that continuing without them would be no better than driving a car with completely deflated tires. However, most supplementation is for people who have the EXPERIENCE (both in physical development and in recognizing their own training condition) to analyze the benefit and discern that benefit from the progress they would normally have. I've seen several of my trainees start supplementing with useless, expensive crap and continued buying it month after month dogmatically.

Other people will take some propagandistic, rhetoric-laced "ANABOLIC CELL MASS XXXTREME POTENTIATION DIHDYROGENMONOXIDE DERIVATIVE INTEGRATION MATRIX", think they've found a miracle and either 1) train to much and screw themselves or 2) train to little and screw themselves.

I mention this because I have first hand knowledge with how readily people will spend money JUST ON THE HOPE that a supplement will work. Propaganda feeding on insecurity or vanity needs very little verification. The difference between selling someone a beef steak and selling them a 50 dollar bottle of nutritional supplements is: if both the steak and the supplements are shit, you can't convince someone that the person ate the steak wrong. Working at a wealthy 24 hour fitness club as the master trainer really gives you a look at how readily people will use money, as beginners especially, to help prop them into the difficult foray of exercise. Of all the supplements I recommended, nobody asked how they work. Just whether they did or not.

That being said, it looks to me like the person who wrote this is a beginner. If you are, you would benefit at first from whey protein, a multivitamin, and PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD TRAINING. After a long time of that, consider using CELLMASSTECH (or more smartly the generic brand) and the more advanced supps that have a backbone of research/anecdotal support.

Avoid AtLargeNutrition, Muscle Tech and BSN.

Myoplex, Isopure, etc. are even unnecessarily overpriced whey proteins.

Not to hijack this thread, but A lot of people have been asking about losing weight and building muscle...but i remember when I first tried a N.O product which was bsn no xplode, bodybuilding.com had warned me not to take a thermogenic and a nitrogen oxide supp at the same time since the thermogenic's job is to tighten blood vessels and the xplode is supposed to widen blood vessels and as these two counterattack eachother it could cause fatal health issues...is this true??

IML Gear Cream!
thanks for all your help guys yes i am a beginner. i have gotten my diet in order i take 3 meal replacement drinks along with 3 meals daily im currently taking the fish oil, multivitamin, and cee what do you guys think so far?

thanks for all your help guys yes i am a beginner. i have gotten my diet in order i take 3 meal replacement drinks along with 3 meals daily im currently taking the fish oil, multivitamin, and cee what do you guys think so far?

Sounds like a good plan, if at all possible sub in a whole food meal for one of the MRP's so you are eating 4 whole food meals, and 2 shake meals daily.

sox you really dont like at large do ya? any way there are plenty of good sups out there. they will not do any good unless your diet, workout plan is in check. i prefer more whole foods for protien like amino said switch one out for a real meal. check out the stickies there is a compendium of knowledge on this bourd. also look up built, cowpimp, and gazhole. they have all posted alot of great reliable knowledge on this bourd that should help you alot. on this forum the search engine will be one of your best friends if you really want to learn alot.

Forget supps. Get your diet and training program in order. Diet and training is probably more than 95% of your progress. Supps are for the last 5%.

yep..when that's squared away then supplements will come into play and even be more effective then they would have intitially if those two weren't on the button. :thumb:

meal replacement shakes are great in the short run, but depending on them will really get expensive. Eventually you're going to have to learn what to eat, when to eat it etc. Good diet and a very good quality program is all that is absolutly necessary.

If you get to a point where you want to increase your protein intake alongside your good diet, a protein powder is an excellent idea. I think someone already mentioned a multi and fish oil. I'm getting around 500g a day of protein and it'd be very very difficult to get that amount from food. So I eat good and plan my protein shakes accordingly to fill in the gaps

sox you really dont like at large do ya? any way there are plenty of good sups out there. they will not do any good unless your diet, workout plan is in check. i prefer more whole foods for protien like amino said switch one out for a real meal. check out the stickies there is a compendium of knowledge on this bourd. also look up built, cowpimp, and gazhole. they have all posted alot of great reliable knowledge on this bourd that should help you alot. on this forum the search engine will be one of your best friends if you really want to learn alot.

I wish death upon shitty supplement companies, yes.

Myoplex, Isopure, etc. are even unnecessarily overpriced whey proteins.

IronMagLabs is coming out with a whey protein product soon, I would like to know what you base this opinion on, meaning do you even know anything about whey protein or do you just judge them all based on price?

ON Whey makes protein that's cheap and tastes great. There's no reason to be spending a large sum of money on overpriced proteins. Some very cheap protein tastes horrible and doesn't mix well either. ON is a happy medium. It's not the absolute cheapest, but it's still a great price for a good product.

ON Whey makes protein that's cheap and tastes great. There's no reason to be spending a large sum of money on overpriced proteins. Some very cheap protein tastes horrible and doesn't mix well either. ON is a happy medium. It's not the absolute cheapest, but it's still a great price for a good product.

+1

I don't necessarily go with the cheapest protein, that would be foolish. I go for the best protein for the least amount of money. IMO, as Texan indicated (and with prices of whey increasing), Optimum Nutrition is the best.

When's the ETA for the IronMags protein, Prince?

IML Gear Cream!
yup another plus one for on. there protien does not bug out my stomach. i am lactose intolarant so ya know. any way point being that its a good cost effective protien that tastes great even mixed with water.

IronMagLabs is coming out with a whey protein product soon, I would like to know what you base this opinion on, meaning do you even know anything about whey protein or do you just judge them all based on price?

standard milk shake flavors, or fruit flavors? ill be following this. :)

ON is a mixture of mostly whey concentrate, very little isolate in it, in other words relatively cheap shit to make, taste and mixing is about average.

IronMagLabs Whey is pure whey isolate sweetened with Stevia (no fat, no sugar), tastes great and mixes with a spoon! It will be available in the classic chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors.

Cool... prices?

ON is a mixture of mostly whey concentrate, very little isolate in it, in other words relatively cheap shit to make, taste and mixing is about average.

IronMagLabs Whey is pure whey isolate sweetened with Stevia (no fat, no sugar), tastes great and mixes with a spoon! It will be available in the classic chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors.

ANy thoughts on doing something in milk, egg or casein or a combo of protein?
I would like this over straight whey conc. or isolate.

ANy thoughts on doing something in milk, egg or casein or a combo of protein?
I would like this over straight whey conc. or isolate.

maybe egg, no whey concentrate, no casein, but if you want casein just mix the whey in a cup of milk. :)

Kind of like Muscle Milk, cool!

Back