• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Genetically Engineered Food

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you think they are dangerous? Are you worried about it?

Do you even know what I'm talking about?
smile.gif

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Yeah in know. And know I dont trust them. Plus they taste like shit too.

------------------
Im an Iron Addict!

as far as i know genetically engineered foods will not spoil as quick, they also have increased values in vitamins and minerals. i'm not sure, if there might be any disadvantage to them, but they will only taste better, if there is any change in taste at all.

Yeah I know what your talking about!!!

------------------
Im an Iron Addict!

What is Genetic Engineering?

Genetic engineering is a laboratory technique used by scientists to change the DNA of living organisms.

DNA is the blueprint for the individuality of an organism. The organism relies upon the information stored in its DNA for the management of every biochemical process. The life, growth and unique features of the organism depend on its DNA. The segments of DNA which have been associated with specific features or functions of an organism are called genes.

Molecular biologists have discovered many enzymes which change the structure of DNA in living organisms. Some of these enzymes can cut and join strands of DNA. Using such enzymes, scientists learned to cut specific genes from DNA and to build customized DNA using these genes. They also learned about vectors, strands of DNA such as viruses, which can infect a cell and insert themselves into its DNA.

With this knowledge, scientists started to build vectors which incorporated genes of their choosing and used the new vectors to insert these genes into the DNA of living organisms. Genetic engineers believe they can improve the foods we eat by doing this. For example, tomatoes are sensitive to frost. This shortens their growing season. Fish, on the other hand, survive in very cold water. Scientists identified a particular gene which enables a flounder to resist cold and used the technology of genetic engineering to insert this 'anti-freeze' gene into a tomato. This makes it possible to extend the growing season of the tomato.

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Genetic engineering of our food does scare and concern me.I feel that the SUPREME BEING(and not the one that answers questions on this forum)has a pretty good idea of what he/she is doing...and we are far too arrogant as to believe that we can improve on his plan.I think that we may be getting into territory now that we shouldn't be.But,thats just my opinion.

------------------
symmetry over size

yeah, who knows what else might be changed which may have a negative impact on us, and we won't know for sure until it's too late, as usual! i personally would rather stick with regular foods, to be on the safe side, and take supplements in addition.

Back