Obama, Hillary Clinton to campaign together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,753
    Rep Points
    812984759

    Post Obama, Hillary Clinton to campaign together









    Together again: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton to campaign as pair

    News from The Associated Press

    CHICAGO (AP) -- Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama's campaign announced Friday that he will campaign with former rival Hillary Rodham Clinton next week, a step toward unifying a fractured Democratic Party after a bruising primary fight.
    Obama's campaign said in a brief e-mail that said the two senators and former opponents will campaign together for the first time on Friday, June 27, and more details would be forthcoming.
    A day earlier, Obama and Clinton also plan to meet in Washington with some of her top contributors in an effort to calm donors who remain frustrated with Obama's presidential campaign. The former first lady will introduce Obama to her financial backers.
    Clinton, a New York senator and former first lady, suspended her campaign for the Democratic nomination earlier this month after Obama, an Illinois senator, secured enough delegates to clinch the nomination.
    Obama's campaign disclosed the joint appearance - but offered few details - one day after announcing that he would reverse an earlier position and reject some $85 million in public financing for the general election. That announcement opened him up to a flood of criticism and dominated the news cycle.
    Thus, Obama's campaign sought to redirect attention by putting word out a full seven days in advance that Obama and Clinton would campaign together.
    Clinton ended her campaign on June 7, four days after Obama got enough delegates to clinch the nomination. "I endorse him and throw my full support behind him," she said at the time.
    The two met privately on June 5 after ditching reporters to make sure there would be no photos or coverage of the first post-race meeting. Obama was asked Wednesday whether they were talking.
    "I have not had conversations with Senator Clinton because she has been getting a well-deserved vacation," he said at the time. "We will be speaking I think in the next few days or certainly the next week and will be having an ongoing conversation."
    © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

  2. #2
    Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER
    goob's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anywhere, everywhere, nowhere....
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Points
    18202470

    Wow. Really?? I would never have guessed.

    On a scond note: Who the fuck gives a shit.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Splash Log's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Points
    624176

    Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    On a scond note: Who the fuck gives a shit.
    I do, everyone should be scared shitless.

  4. #4
    SoCal. Stud
    ELITE MEMBER
    CRASHMAN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    in a box on a corner near you
    Posts
    10,089
    Rep Points
    6819199

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash Log View Post
    I do, everyone should be scared shitless.
    I know, what shall we ever do when they pull us out of the middle east and focus their efforts on the US and fixing the economy...
    230_225_220_215_210_205_200_195_190_185_180
    |----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|---|----|
    <- that way about 20 more pounds!

  5. #5
    Peelosopher
    Crono1000's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,417
    Rep Points
    72913089

    Quote Originally Posted by CRASHMAN View Post
    I know, what shall we ever do when they pull us out of the middle east and focus their efforts on the US and fixing the economy...


    there'll be jobs... everywhere!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Splash Log's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Points
    624176

    Quote Originally Posted by CRASHMAN View Post
    I know, what shall we ever do when they pull us out of the middle east and focus their efforts on the US and fixing the economy...
    Follow the lemming in front of you right over the edge.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    the president doesn't do shit for the economy. and anyone who thinks so needs to take a basic 100 level econ class.

    like it or not we are in the middle east and have been for a century. pulling out now will hurt us in the long run. this isn't like pulling out of vietnam. if we pull out of the middle east too soon it will not be a good thing.

  8. #8
    primeau
    lnvanry's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Points
    54346477

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    the president doesn't do shit for the economy. and anyone who thinks so needs to take a basic 100 level econ class.

    like it or not we are in the middle east and have been for a century. pulling out now will hurt us in the long run. this isn't like pulling out of vietnam. if we pull out of the middle east too soon it will not be a good thing.
    assuming oil still drives our economy.

    And the president does affect the economy...besides the obvious drivers like taxes, legislation, and subsidies, he appoints fed members who run our central bank. Maybe you slept through that part in econ 100...besides, what you learn in academia isn't the end all be all of social sciences.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    the president doesn't do shit for the economy. and anyone who thinks so needs to take a basic 100 level econ class.

    like it or not we are in the middle east and have been for a century. pulling out now will hurt us in the long run. this isn't like pulling out of vietnam. if we pull out of the middle east too soon it will not be a good thing.
    Staying too long is a bigger mistake. I don't know if you've noticed, but we have a nine trillion dollar credit card bill. That in turn weakens the dollar and will affect the economy greatly. Yes it is theoretically Congress that controls money spent in the US, but they seem to be content with rubber stamping every retarded thing the President can think of.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  10. #10
    Peelosopher
    Crono1000's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,417
    Rep Points
    72913089

    Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Staying too long is a bigger mistake.
    this point made me think there is no best case scenario at this point, but how can we get out of this situation at least OK. Then it made me think of the Heri Seldon novels by Asimov. Heri Seldon predicted that the empire would collapse and if humanity followed a certain path throughout time we could at least limit the collapse to only a 1000 years of barbarianism and anarchy

  11. #11
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by lnvanry View Post
    assuming oil still drives our economy.

    And the president does affect the economy...besides the obvious drivers like taxes, legislation, and subsidies, he appoints fed members who run our central bank. Maybe you slept through that part in econ 100...besides, what you learn in academia isn't the end all be all of social sciences.
    taxes, legislation, subsidies kind of enacted by congress. and i think my point was that economics like all sciences isn't exact. thats the point. despite what a president may want to do to fix the economy it is an unwieldy beast that one man or entire branch of government is not capable of steering.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Staying too long is a bigger mistake. I don't know if you've noticed, but we have a nine trillion dollar credit card bill. That in turn weakens the dollar and will affect the economy greatly. Yes it is theoretically Congress that controls money spent in the US, but they seem to be content with rubber stamping every retarded thing the President can think of.
    or we can pull out early and have 2 Irans.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by Crono1000 View Post
    this point made me think there is no best case scenario at this point, but how can we get out of this situation at least OK. Then it made me think of the Heri Seldon novels by Asimov. Heri Seldon predicted that the empire would collapse and if humanity followed a certain path throughout time we could at least limit the collapse to only a 1000 years of barbarianism and anarchy
    I love the foundation trilogy. I would hate to think of our republic falling like the roman empire

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    I love the foundation trilogy. I would hate to think of our republic falling like the roman empire
    It's interesting that you say that though because the Roman Empire collapsed due to financial issues very similar to ours by trying to maintain too large of an empire, not because of invasions or terrorism.

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    or we can pull out early and have 2 Irans.
    Iran has no capability to threaten us whatsoever. If we really want to "destroy" Iran, then we simply need to find alternative energies. Without revenue from oil, watch the entire Middle East degenerate into nothing.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    It's interesting that you say that though because the Roman Empire collapsed due to financial issues very similar to ours by trying to maintain too large of an empire, not because of invasions or terrorism.



    Iran has no capability to threaten us whatsoever. If we really want to "destroy" Iran, then we simply need to find alternative energies. Without revenue from oil, watch the entire Middle East degenerate into nothing.
    I think your oversimplifying the fall of the roman empire just a bit, and I'm not a big fan of irans future nuclear capabilities

    simply need to find alternative energies? any suggestions?

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,501
    Rep Points
    3303946

    Obama will spend more money than McCain. The new entitlements will be more expensive and longer-lasting than the Iraqi conflict, which appears to be chilling out now.

    Additionally his platform on taxes is based on stupidity and class warfare. His justification for wanting to double the capital gains tax, after being told that raising it has lowered revenues in the past "it's more fair..." His tax plan appears to be nothing more than socialist-style income redistribution. That may sound OK to people who aren't getting screwed yet, but one day you might find yourself being called "rich." Keep in mind how the American income tax system started. It began as just a single digit tax on the "rich" during that time, and look what the beast has grown into. Prior to Ronald Reagan's presidency the top rate was 70%...

    What needs to happen is an end to withholdings, then people can actually see that the government is snatching 20 cents out of every dollar before they even can touch it. Right now people get checks from their tax returns and act like the government is paying them..

    To paraphrase one of my favorite modern philosophers, "Ignorance, not Oil, is American's most expensive commodity."

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    But the government takes 33 cents out of my dollars, not 20

    That's just the fed too. Then we have state taxes, city taxes, property tax, sales tax. I'm surprised I have money at all.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    I think your oversimplifying the fall of the roman empire just a bit, and I'm not a big fan of irans future nuclear capabilities

    simply need to find alternative energies? any suggestions?
    Not necessarily. The money of the Roman Empire literally was diluted - the gold and silver was mixed with alloys to create less than pure money. The result of that is what we know as inflation, although this was in a much more literal sense than the inflation that we know of today. As the value of their money dropped, they were no longer able to support their empire financially.

    Compare that to today with seemingly unchecked inflation.
    From 1916 to today, the dollar is worth less than 4 cents of what is used to be. It really isn't unrealistic to see the day when a loaf of bread will cost 100$. It's inevitable under our monetary system, hence why it is a flawed system that needs to be trashed. Fiat monetary systems and debt driven systems aren't sustainable and don't provide any stability.

    As for alternative energies, take your pick. Nuclear, solar, wind, wave, etc. All of those have the potential for electrolysis to produce hydrogen for fuel cells in cars (though I would prefer that we improve on our mass transit infrastructure). We don't need to completely eliminate oil, but we do need to make it contribute less than 30% of our energy needs. I picked that number because if need be we would be able to completely dump oil from politically unstable areas and rely on oil from Canada.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    bio-chem's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Points
    349837105

    Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Not necessarily. The money of the Roman Empire literally was diluted - the gold and silver was mixed with alloys to create less than pure money. The result of that is what we know as inflation, although this was in a much more literal sense than the inflation that we know of today. As the value of their money dropped, they were no longer able to support their empire financially.

    Compare that to today with seemingly unchecked inflation.
    From 1916 to today, the dollar is worth less than 4 cents of what is used to be. It really isn't unrealistic to see the day when a loaf of bread will cost 100$. It's inevitable under our monetary system, hence why it is a flawed system that needs to be trashed. Fiat monetary systems and debt driven systems aren't sustainable and don't provide any stability.

    As for alternative energies, take your pick. Nuclear, solar, wind, wave, etc. All of those have the potential for electrolysis to produce hydrogen for fuel cells in cars (though I would prefer that we improve on our mass transit infrastructure). We don't need to completely eliminate oil, but we do need to make it contribute less than 30% of our energy needs. I picked that number because if need be we would be able to completely dump oil from politically unstable areas and rely on oil from Canada.
    yea, you're very much simplifying the fall of the Roman empire. but that really isnt the point.

    and as much as i would like to see alternative energies replace oil for our static needs.(lighting, heating, etc) solar, wind, wave are not capable of producing the energy in the amount we consume. nuclear is capable of it, yet it takes 10 years to get a nuclear plant online from the date of breaking ground. we have not broken ground on a nuclear plant in over 20 years. we are needing solutions for today. we should absolutely plan for tomorrow and begin the process much more urgently of using these alternative energies, but none of them are going to help in this presidency or the next.

  20. #20
    Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER
    Big Smoothy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    5,597
    Rep Points
    235125658

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers View Post
    Obama will spend more money than McCain. The new entitlements will be more expensive and longer-lasting....
    New? Which ones.

    Social Security and Medicare are not new.

    And both will break the country. 78 million baby boomers hitting the rolls. The Boomer started receiving SS on January 1, 2008, and just wait until Medicare kicks.

    Obama spend more?

    The current Nation Debt is $9 Trillon dollars.


    It's too late to change at this point.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

    -- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

  21. #21
    __________
    clemson357's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Points
    15167689

    Hillary and Barack got together and wrote a poem about their plan for America:

    Tax his land, tax his wage,
    Tax his bed in which he lays.
    Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes is the rule.

    Tax his cow, tax his goat,
    Tax his pants, tax his coat.
    Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
    Tax his work, tax his dirt.

    Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
    Teach him taxes are no joke.
    Tax his car, tax his grass,
    Tax the roads he must pass.

    Tax his food, tax his drink,
    Tax him if he tries to think.
    Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
    If he cries, tax his tears.

    Tax his bills, tax his gas,
    Tax his notes, tax his cash.
    Tax him good and let him know
    That after taxes, he has no dough.

    If he hollers, tax him more,
    Tax him until he's good and sore.
    Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in which he lays.

    Put these words upon his tomb,
    "Taxes drove me to my doom!"
    And when he's gone, we won't relax,
    We'll still be after the inheritance tax.
    ________________________

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,367
    Rep Points
    -12839023

    Well, if there is one thing a conservative cannot stand, it's spending American money on Americans. . .in America.

    Of course, conservatives don't practice class warfare by providing welfare for the wealthy and their corporate bosses while they ship American jobs overseas and whine that the lower class could keep their jobs here if they were willing to live on Third World wages.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    danzik17's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Points
    62793096

    Quote Originally Posted by bio-chem View Post
    yea, you're very much simplifying the fall of the Roman empire. but that really isnt the point.

    and as much as i would like to see alternative energies replace oil for our static needs.(lighting, heating, etc) solar, wind, wave are not capable of producing the energy in the amount we consume. nuclear is capable of it, yet it takes 10 years to get a nuclear plant online from the date of breaking ground. we have not broken ground on a nuclear plant in over 20 years. we are needing solutions for today. we should absolutely plan for tomorrow and begin the process much more urgently of using these alternative energies, but none of them are going to help in this presidency or the next.
    That's no different than how it would take upwards of 5-10 years to begin producing oil if we allowed ANWR drilling. No matter what we are not going to have a short term fix for this, we need to plan for the long term. We may as well invest in solutions for our problems, not band-aids.
    Ron Paul 2012

    No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,753
    Rep Points
    812984759

    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post

    Of course, conservatives don't practice class warfare by providing welfare for the wealthy and their corporate bosses while they ship American jobs overseas and whine that the lower class could keep their jobs here if they were willing to live on Third World wages.
    That's the way it seems to me.
    It was also Clintons idea too.

  25. #25
    Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER
    Big Smoothy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    5,597
    Rep Points
    235125658

    Quote Originally Posted by clemson357 View Post
    Hillary and Barack got together and wrote a poem about their plan for America:

    Tax his land, tax his wage,
    Tax his bed in which he lays.
    Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes is the rule.

    Tax his cow, tax his goat,
    Tax his pants, tax his coat.
    Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
    Tax his work, tax his dirt.

    Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
    Teach him taxes are no joke.
    Tax his car, tax his grass,
    Tax the roads he must pass.

    Tax his food, tax his drink,
    Tax him if he tries to think.
    Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
    If he cries, tax his tears.

    Tax his bills, tax his gas,
    Tax his notes, tax his cash.
    Tax him good and let him know
    That after taxes, he has no dough.

    If he hollers, tax him more,
    Tax him until he's good and sore.
    Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in which he lays.

    Put these words upon his tomb,
    "Taxes drove me to my doom!"
    And when he's gone, we won't relax,
    We'll still be after the inheritance tax.
    Clemson you seem to focus on taxes. I don't blame you.

    I think we pay too much in taxes at all levels, and the gov is irresponsible.

    But....Social Security and Medicare will be the backbreaker.

    And BTW, the food/drink taxes are usually at the state level.


    One of the best ways to reduce taxes is to start your own own business, and use the options available. Hopefully income received will not be reported if you can do this.

    Working as an employee on a W-2 form will only lead you to be a debtor for the rest of your life.

    This includes the most recent scam: MBA programs.

    The MBA is overrated and not necessary for many people in MBA programs....but oh....you will earn a higher income. So....borrow lots and lots of money to get an MBA.

    Recent studies confirm this.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

    -- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

  26. #26
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,501
    Rep Points
    3303946

    Announcing the opening of ANWR, as well additional off-shore areas by the United States would curb the rise in oil futures. Right now, people are betting on increased demand and (relatively) stagnant supply. The same people who are saying "It'll take 10 years" were saying that ~10 years ago when Clinton vetoed it. It's a valuable resource, it should be tapped to serve our needs, or if our needs are met, sold to China/India/Japan to produce income which is taxed by the federal government, and to reduce our trade deficit. It's win-win. Alternatives should be developed on the side, no reason to make people, particularly lower and middle income folks who devote a larger % of their income to gasoline, suffer.

  27. #27
    Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER
    Big Smoothy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    5,597
    Rep Points
    235125658

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers View Post
    Announcing the opening of ANWR, as well additional off-shore areas by the United States would curb the rise in oil futures. Right now, people are betting on increased demand and (relatively) stagnant supply. The same people who are saying "It'll take 10 years" were saying that ~10 years ago when Clinton vetoed it. It's a valuable resource, it should be tapped to serve our needs, or if our needs are met, sold to China/India/Japan to produce income which is taxed by the federal government, and to reduce our trade deficit. It's win-win.
    IMO, ANWR is a drop in the bucket. Nothing more; nothing less.

    And the recent decision by the Saudi Oil Ministry to increase output.

    Wow. An increase of 700,000 barrels per day (bp). It's a joke. It will have no impact. Current Saudi mpb (million barrel per day) output is 9.0 million and they'll increase it to 9.7 million.

    ......no reason to make people, particularly lower and middle income folks who devote a larger % of their income to gasoline, suffer.
    True, higher fuel prices hit the lower and middle income earners.

    But look at the way million of Americans live:

    Living in a suburb and driving to the city, or another suburb for work. Very foolish. Very stupid.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

    -- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,753
    Rep Points
    812984759

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Smoothy View Post
    Living in a suburb and driving to the city, or another suburb for work. Very foolish. Very stupid.
    That's where the money is, at least here in NYC.

    You will earn more money in Manhatten than you would in Brooklyn which is another borough of NYC.

    We work for the City and State both are located in NYC, great retirement benefits....there's nothing in the suburbs except retail...and that we will never do.

  29. #29
    Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER
    Big Smoothy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    5,597
    Rep Points
    235125658

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    That's where the money is, at least here in NYC.

    You will earn more money in Manhatten than you would in Brooklyn which is another borough of NYC.

    We work for the City and State both are located in NYC, great retirement benefits....there's nothing in the suburbs except retail...and that we will never do.
    In NYC you can take the subway. I like NYC.

    When I refer to burbs I don't mean Brooklyn, Queens, or even the Bronx, because of the public transpo.

    I'd like to live in NYC, but that would be difficult for me, I think. I have no connections of family or friends there, to get started.


    Fun city. Interesting people.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

    -- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,753
    Rep Points
    812984759






    The vast majority of people who work in Manhattan are not even from NYC, look at how many people were from New Jersey when the Twin Towers went down.

    A lot come from the suburbs of Long Island, Westchester, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut.

    The funny thing is you see a lot of people from the city working in Long Island...low wages..so low that the people from the Suburbs won't even bother to apply for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:17 PM
  3. Hillary Clinton offers new health care plan.
    By min0 lee in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
  4. Dancing Hillary Clinton
    By TheGreatSatan in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 01:52 AM
  5. Hillary Clinton died...
    By butterfly in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->