• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High Gluten Flour / Pancakes

cytrix

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just found out that high gluten flour is a great substitute for flour in low carb diets. I bought some yesterday at the health food store - I didn't know that this stuff is 80% protein and only 20% carbs. 1/4 cup has 24 g protein and only 6 g carbs. Today I made pan cakes, mixing 1/8 c high gluten flour, 1 sc = 20 g protein powder (from the protein factory which I usually use for shakes, a blend of 70 % milk isolate and 30 % egg white) and 1 whole egg. I fried it in canola oil. I put cinnamon and splenda and walnut pieces and a little sour cream on it and it tasted really good! Does anyone know where to find low carb recipes using high gluten flour, maybe to make pizza dough, muffins etc.?

I use it too...though I didn't realize it was that high in protein.....where did you find the breakdown for it? Is it online somewhere?

Originally posted by w8lifter
I use it too...though I didn't realize it was that high in protein.....where did you find the breakdown for it? Is it online somewhere?

The nutrient breakdown was listed on the container containing it. It said 1/4 cup contains 24 g protein, 6 g carbs, 0 g fat - do you think this is inaccurate? I found it at Whole Foods.

NOW Foods
Gluten Flour
16 oz bag
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4 cup dry(33g)
Servings Per Container: 13

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 125

Total Fat 0 g

Sodium 40 mg 2%

Total Carbohydrates 5 g 2%

Sugars 0 g

Protein 23 g

Unaccounted Calories 13 calories

Iron 6%
Vitamin E 140%
Riboflavin (B2) 120%
Niacin (B3) 200%
Zinc 10%
Copper 10%

Originally posted by cytrix

The nutrient breakdown was listed on the container containing it. It said 1/4 cup contains 24 g protein, 6 g carbs, 0 g fat - do you think this is inaccurate? I found it at Whole Foods.

No, I didn't think it was inaccurate at all...just didn't know the breakdown, I buy mine in bulk :D

thanks kuso :thumb:

I had something on that...I'll have to look for it.

I cook my protein all the time :D

Back