• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Shortness of Breath after eating.

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A question for those of you who were at one time "larger" people.....That is, were at a much higher BF in the past than you are now.

I've gained weight in the past eight months or so, and am close to the heaviest I've ever been. While I think the answer is obvious for the most part, I'm going to ask the question anyway.

Have any of you ever felt uncomfortable breathing after eating?

Now, I'm not talking about "shortness of breath" as with those who have COPD, and I'm not talking about a buffet binge. I can breath, but I sense a sort of pressure/slight difficulty that wasn't there before. Mild exersion seems to make matters worse.

I'm thinking that my body has just changed the way, or the areas, in which it stores fat, and I'm just feeling the resistance of this extra "weight" around my torso more than before. So I'm guessing I'm just in terrible shape.

Either that or I'll be dead in a month.

Actually, my best friend has this problem and his situation is similar to yours. First, he is a naturally cut person who has never been fat in his life. In the last 6 months, he has been hell bent on getting to 200lbs. He is short, so this is a pretty tough goal for him. He is 40lbs lighter than me, but we have the same size arms to show how dedicated he is. In the last 6 months he has been claiming that he can't breath after eating. He is 190, and the heaviest he has ever been.

The pattern seems the same between the both of you, and the problem is identical. However, I have no answer for you.

I'm just thinking that I've passed my "normal" tolerance for fat in the old mid section. I've actually been heavier in the past, but my ratio of LM to BF was different. (I had more muscle)

I think I've joined the ranks of the average fat-out-of-shape American.:(

No big deal.....just need to go back to the gym somehow.

Well, I snore now because of the mass I've put on. I understand it's because of the extra pounds. You must really REALLY snore?????

I have a ten year old nephew with the same problem, he already weighs 110 pounds, pretty chunky.
I worry about him, go get a physical DaMayor.

go get a physical DaMayor.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I'll wait. Besides, no news is good news for DaMayor.

The last time I went for a physical, about eight years ago I guess, the Doc says to me, "Your BP is fine, your cholesterol is perfect!.....keep doing what your doing, you're in excellent health!"

At the time, I smoked a pack and a half a day, drank at least a twelve pack of beer every weekend, and hadn't been near the gym in over a year.:D

Maybe I'm not drinking enough these days.:thinking:

Thats pretty interesting. My first thought might be because you fill up your stomach increasing the pressure in your abdominal cavity thus making it more difficult for your diaphragm to contract (its a theory i have stemming from SOB secondary to ascites). The other thing i would say is your body's oxygen demands increase and someone who is bigger already has high O2 demands, couple that with the post prandial state and you might just pass a threshold where you are becoming slightly hypoxemic (that might be too strong of a term). I dunno but its still very interesting.

Back